Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big hello; This is my first post on this forum after lurking for quite a while. Just wanted to say I have lost 5 pounds in three weeks following plan. Great start for me and I am close to half way there, maybe even want to pursue losing back down to my lowest weight. :P

Although the scale has stalled this week - I feel better, less bloated and have found some encouragement. Being on track is a wonderful feeling!

Hugs. I love my sleeve and have no regrets.

Big hello; This is my first post on this forum after lurking for quite a while. Just wanted to say I have lost 5 pounds in three weeks following plan. Great start for me and I am close to half way there' date=' maybe even want to pursue losing back down to my lowest weight. :P

Although the scale has stalled this week - I feel better, less bloated and have found some encouragement. Being on track is a wonderful feeling!

Hugs. I love my sleeve and have no regrets.[/quote']

Welcome and great loss!! I fully agree- being in track and back to "almost" low feels wonderful!

As a child I had a set of tiny books that were Christmas themed and they were brought out every year for the holidays. One of the stories was about a Christmas tree, how he grew up in the forest and all he ever wanted was to be a Christmas tree until one day, he was chopped down and yes turned into a Christmas tree. The day after Christmas he thought, "they will dress me up again!" but they threw him in the corner of an attic and forgot about him and eventually burned him in a garbage fire and it was only then that he realized he had spent his whole life wanting something else, instead of appreciating the life he had every day. I've always been afraid of being like the Christmas tree, why is it so difficult to appreciate what we have, while we have it?

Yesterday was a fast day, I had boiled shrimp for dinner and it was a terrible mistake! I had to focus hard on not vomiting for about 3 hours afterward, and my mouth kept watering pre-vomit style, it was a bad time! Plus I think my giardia is back :(

I caved on the scale, btw v_v, weighed myself this morning. 9 days after recommitting to 5:2 and I have lost zero pounds v_v. sigh.

Fair play, there are some very wise words here! I am glad to be associated with some very compassionate and intelligent people.

Yesterday I had a great day int he garden, spent hours cutting down bushes, mowing lawns and generally cleaning and tidying up. The only problem was that my eating was crap! My daughter is a little poorly and when she is like this she likes to bake - reminds me of Cheri! Anyway, she was at my parents and came home with ice slices, cake and sausage rolls. I had done well all day until I saw those bad boys! Needless to say, I caved and ate the ice slices and it was delish! Complete overload on sugar and carbs!

Fast day today, going into work - we don't officially start until Monday - but I have a lot to do and it has to get done!

Got a manic week ahead too, kids appointments with dentists and sleep overs etc - hubby back on shifts after a good holiday and I've got an appointment with my TT surgeon Thursday, so it is all systems go. I've had a good school holiday so far and all good things must come to an end!

I'm also going back to Curves after two weeks off... not looking forward to that...lol! They will weigh and measure me too today - cruel or what!

Have a good day everyone x

"finally packed up" omg I can't imagine an American doc saying something like that, too funny!! Are you interested in taking HRT, since it was early M? My Mother, in a sick poisonous sort of jealousy perhaps? Has been chirping away about the imminent doom that awaits me, since I turned effing 30!!!! I finally told her to STFU about it, to let me enjoy my womanhood without her sitting on the sidelines, eagerly watching with a bag of popcorn as I careen towards the cliffs. :/

Coops, you are another one, like Cheri, who is basically at goal and who looks damn fabulous yet doesn't seem to *get it*. Whenever you feel like moping about all the things you "haven't" acheived, just look at me and be comforted v_v.

Over a year ago I tried a range of different HRT methods and didn't get on or like any of them! Not only did I gain a bit of weight, I also felt like crap. I'm not taking anything now, just kinda going with the flow - excuse the pun - and see what happens!

GT I could never be comforted by comparing myself to you, not in a negative way! My God, you are one that I look up to! You have the inner strength of Thor! In your shoes, I really don't know how I would handle all the stress.

Oh Coops, thank you, that means a lot to me! Considering that I have never even begun to get close to goal and you have, I think it should be the other way around! Thor lol, just call me Freyja ;P What is an ice slice? Sounds cool and refreshing. Just came back from lunch, I could have had ultra-creamy mac and cheese, ultra fried grilled cheese sandwiches, Cookies, deep fried pollock. But I didn't. I had a Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread with a few bites of salad, a sip of root beer, and came back to the office and am having a double Protein Shake, and it's a feed day, 500 cals 41g Protein in total, I bet that mac and cheese alone would have been 400 cals. I'm teaching a yoga class on Saturday so I really hope my two pulled groin muscles are healed by then!

Just need to jump on the bandwagon here...FYE, there is just NO effing way I would believe that you are 60. Nope. You are beautiful and I love what you said about dragging out the old pics. Funny, besides a few odd clothing items that I kept (for that same reason) the photos are all that I have to remind me of how far I've come. Well, that and memories.

OD - hope your Headache is gone!

Dee - love this. Burning daylight...yes yes yes...no reason to dwell on negative thoughts/behaviors...accomplishes nothing BUT burning daylight! Great analogy! And you are so right, THIS is ALL a GIFT. Thank you for reminding us of that!

Welcome ilegal...funny I wanted to type iLegal...um, iPhone, iPad much? LOL! Congrats you are doing awesome!

Coops - wondering the same thing...ice slice...I'm guessing it's NOT just a slice of "ice" ...maybe like an ice cream cake? I do so love your BritSpeak and I love trying to decipher the things you post. :wub:

GT- Love the Christmas tree story...horrifyingly sad as a child to read (burned him really? argh) but such an important message.

So I fasted yesterday, and came it at my lowest I think to date. 514 (or 518...my calorie count app on my phone and on my laptop are supposedly 'snyched' but from the phone I was 514 and from the laptop I was 518...gah!) Today is feasting and my goal is at least 1,200 cals.

hahahaaa... ice slice - not a slice of ice - hahahaa... sooo funny! It is a layer of pasty (pre puff) with a thick layer of set custard, another layer of pastry topped with icing sugar! Told ya! Full of sugar and carbs but utterly delish! My daughter is a demon when it comes to baking - but this particular treat was down to my mother!

Doing well on the fast day - just under 200 so far - going out for tea later, our localish pub do steak for £5 and it is lovely. I will order a small steak and salad and give the chips to the kids!

Ice slice sounds like a Napoleon or a German Cremeschnitte. Yum! I love anything with custard in or on... And I'm hungry cos it's a fasting day LOL.

I just learned that this country is third, after Japan and South Korea, for having the lowest obesity rates in the world. No wonder I still feel big around here!! There are just loads and loads of wee sporty people here, who eat a lot of fat and carbs! Damn them... :D

Lol!

Up with the chickens today because my husband got up at 4am for work and woke me up. Then I couldn't go back to sleep because the donut shop down the street! The wind is just right and my bedroom window was open! Oh the smell of apple fritters were dancing all around me!

Now I come here and you girls are talking about ice slices and even a cake and sausage roll??

Hehehe... :P

Ok fast day, and biopsy day so double fun.

Good luck to the other girls fasting today.

Oh and welcome iegal.

i ilegal, it's really cool to see you here! Congrats on your 5 lb loss too.......This is a great group of people here.....

Today I am going to redue my fast day due to no follow through yesterday. My DD, her boyfrend and my beautiful wolf dog were coming down the mountain and ran over a rock, it tore open something under the car and Fluid was leaking. We had to have triple A tow the car home over 75 miles and my wolf dog had to ride in the car by himself....:( I was worried about him getting too hot and getting sick that I turned to my emotional coping skills of food. :( Oh well, he's doing really good and took it like a trooper. I survived and today is a great day to fast........ Yayyyyyyyy! :P

I had so much trouble with fasting yesterday. It was like the first time. I was hungry the entire time. I don't know why. I bet it was the pizza the day before. Carbs make me hungry.

All the rest of the fasts have been so easy. I wasn't hungry and just ate 3 tiny meals. I wasn't thinking about food all day. That was difficult

I hope I get my lap top back soon. It's amazing how much we depend on computers now.

So I lost .6 of a lb yesterday. 141 exactly. I hope I can keep it off and not keep going up and down. That's what happened last time I got back to 141-142 last summer.

Next week I won't be working other than tuesday so I'll be able to go to the gym. That will help. My brother is coming from Chicago next Wed. I am not sure how that will work out with meals. I am pretty sure he will just fend for himself.

I am really glad to have Legal posting. I wish Cow Girl Jane would post and let us know how she is doing.

Lol!

Up with the chickens today because my husband got up at 4am for work and woke me up. Then I couldn't go back to sleep because the donut shop down the street! The wind is just right and my bedroom window was open! Oh the smell of apple fritters were dancing all around me!

Now I come here and you girls are talking about ice slices and even a cake and sausage roll??

Hehehe... :P

Ok fast day' date=' and biopsy day so double fun.

Good luck to the other girls fasting today.

Oh and welcome iegal.[/quote']

Keep us posted on your biopsy. Thoughts going to you!

Happy fast day to all! 2pm CST with 150 calories eaten. Really picked up an awful cold this wknd and downing DayQuil/NyQuil since Sat night. Feel truly yucky!!!

:(

LV I hope your biopsy goes well.......

Georgia I hope you feel better really soon.....

My scale told me I was up 5 lbs since yesterday............it must be from the bread I ate. :( It was pizza..

:P

Sorry your not feeling well Georgia :(

I hope you get better soon.

Skinniness you ate some bread? In the form of pizza :P hehehe...

Ok biopsy done! It went well, I won't know anything for at least a week so..

But as far as the pain, not to bad, although I'm going to play it up when my husband comes home! Maybe I can get out of cooking dinner :D

Fasting is going ok today, I'm not hungry but I want to eat. Sucky but I'll be strong (I hope)