Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laura, keep us posted... glad it wasn't too bad, but a worry nonetheless.

End of a fast day for her - totalled about 550 which I am happy with. I did join the 5:2 site and put my details in my TDEE came in at about 1800, I put in light exercise and my fast days recommended 450-500 so I am a little over today. Next fast day is Thursday, I will cut right back on the tea and coffee and that should help me stay under the 500 marker. I haven't done that for several weeks, so perhaps that might be one of the reasons I stalled? Who knows. This is defo a trail and error type experience ... but I do like the control I get from it.

LV I hope your biopsy goes well.......

Georgia I hope you feel better really soon.....

My scale told me I was up 5 lbs since yesterday............it must be from the bread I ate. :( It was pizza..

:P

You know the whole story on why carbs make you gain? (when your not used to eating them...) The make you store Water in your muscles! The 5 pounds are Water girl. It will go away in time.

Ok biopsy done! It went well, I won't know anything for at least a week so..

But as far as the pain, not to bad, although I'm going to play it up when my husband comes home! Maybe I can get out of cooking dinner :D

Fasting is going ok today, I'm not hungry but I want to eat. Sucky but I'll be strong (I hope)

glad so far so good, thinking of you, sending all the best thoughts.

FYE, really about the carb Water? I did not know that! Interesting ...

Coops - my favorite WLS blogger, Eggface, has the neatest wls-friendly high Protein Desserts. She has one for Protein pudding, I bet you could tinker with it and make your own version of the ice slice! btw, I was thinking it was a popsicle of frozen citrus slices :P

M2G - This set of Christmas books was a stocking-gift when I was very little, maybe 4. It's called "My Little Library of Christmas Classics", the books are only about 3 inches by 2 inches, one is a collection of carols, one is the Nutcracker, one is The Christmas Tree, and the other is The Night Before Christmas. They get taken out along with the Christmas decorations and put away, every year. I open them and I smell Christmas, I smell the joy and excitement, the Douglas fir and orange peel and nutmeg. I feel my Father's voice and hear my Mother's laugh, also the anxiety and tension and need for everything to be exactly perfect, to keep everyone happy. Keeping everyone in good spirits meant I was safe. It was a careful dance upon the head of a Grenade pin.

So, in those books is 30 years of family experience. My Father died this year, right after Christmas, and it was a painful wrenching non-Christmas, filled with every ugliness a small family could muster. I do not know how or if I will ever be able to Celebrate Christmas again and in a way I'm grateful I will still be deployed come this years.

Wow, that got WAY off track, I apologize everyone!! I went down that dark rabbit hole FAST :P

As for the severity of the Christmas Tree story M2G, you are totally right! I think we used to be a little less squeamish about telling stark or grim tales to children, have you ever seen some of the old illustrations to fairytales? And Hans Christen Andersen's stuff (before Disney got ahold of them) was DARK. I guess the thinking used to be, "well, life is harsh, better prepare the kids".

Okay, on to actual 5:2 business :P - yesterday I clocked in at about 1600 cals but my carbs were just stratospheric!! They are really reducing at the difac so the only way to get my protein is with the shakes but then I can't get in the calories for feed days ... suggestions??

Today is a fast day which is no problem since I ....

...... have a hernia v_v. Went to the clinic yesterday and they confirmed it, also said that may be responsible for the pain in my guts and the bouts of diarrhea. So, not keen on putting much in my stomach beyond warm tea and mylanta.

Starting to think I must've been a real bastard in my last life ... v_v.

I just figured out that I am having acid problems. That is why my stomach hurts and I think it's hunger.

I take Protonix but last time they gave me time released. It seems to have made some sort of difference and not in a good way. I took a Zantac a little while ago, and my stomach stopped hurting. this was after I ate some Greek yogurt cause I thought I was hungry.

Fast day yesterday and I came in at 562 cals, not bad but I only realised at the end of the day that my Protein was only 42. I should have planned the day before eating instead of logging after eating. I would have substituted the baby bels for a Protein Shake which would have increase the Protein without increasing the cals. Lesson learned.

No change in scales.

Worked out with trainer this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Today is a day of very little calories........am so looking forward to it....

I will be drinking a lot of fluids.

OD I have the same problem, I think I'm hungry if I don't take my omeprazole too..... I had to start taking it again. :P

I am bummed that I gained back the lb I lost during fasting Monday. I know I am going to be going up and down cause I battled to get below 142 for a year. It's one of the numbers my body likes and it's hard to break.

I do love this way of eating though bc it's really given me the structure and mindfulness I've needed.

Did well on my fast yesterday and ended right at 500. Still feeling sicky. Went up work but ended up coming home at noon. NyQuil is my best friend right now.

Daisy, I understand the set point thing. I'm hung at 153-154. Up and down!!! I want 150!!! Well,actually I want 149! :)

...... have a hernia v_v. Went to the clinic yesterday and they confirmed it' date=' also said that may be responsible for the pain in my guts and the bouts of diarrhea. So, not keen on putting much in my stomach beyond warm tea and mylanta.

Starting to think I must've been a real bastard in my last life ... v_v.[/quote']

Are you saying you have been diagnosed with hiatal (sic) hernia?

My fast was a little over yesterday..

Stress was not handled the way I wanted it. So a handful of almonds did me in after dinner.. Ugh I wanted to do good! But I also had an appointment with my bariatric surgeon today...

So I stressed ate about being weighed!

:P

Well the surgeon was pleased as punch with my weight so I worried for not.. We talked about eating and confirmed yes we will have to eat less than a "normal" person for the rest of our lives as not to regain. And I asked about stomach stretching he says yes it happens. and has seen it with his own eyes! Scary stuff!

fast day again today - it is half 12 and I haven't eaten anything so far - been reward with my viligance and saw 163 this morning, so back to my pre holiday number! Yey! Looks like it was Water after all... now just gotta keep plugging to get back to 160 and who know, maybe I might see a 15* number?

Hope everyone is doing well... x

Laura, glad your surgeon was pleased as punch - or chuffed to Beans as I would say! That has to be a good confirmation for you! and check your ticker out... 158! Oh my! I want to be you!

Well today is my normal fast day. Since I login to back to back days due to my sickness I guess this'll be a 3 peat. And holding my low. Just wish I felt a little better. But as I say this too shall pass.

Yesterday was the second birthday in a row at work. Homemade cake. I ate. Then made an eggplant dish with lots of oil and salt.....Home grown veggies.... I did stay right around my calorie goal, but more fat and carbs and SUGAR. The scale stayed the same... wonder what it would have been if I hadn't gone the way I did (my mouth does not agree that these ingredients were a problem...) .... anyway fast today, looking forward to it! Enjoy your day all!

Massive attack yesterday, been in hiding. Just Google "Ghazni PRT attack".

Don't know if it is hiatal or umbilical. All I know is that everything I eat gives me excruxiating diarrhea.

This is interesting (from the FastDiet.com website) I guess I really do need to take those Vit D prescription my Dr. gave me cause my D was low!!!!

There is a weight-loss pill worth buying.

Most miracle “fat-burning supplements” are about as effective as an hour of Prancercizing. But if you want to take a pill to help promote fat loss, your best bet is a Vitamin that you associate with the sun. Researchers from Canada found that people with higher levels of Vitamin D also have lower levels of body fat. The connection isn’t a coincidence. Vitamin D helps you feel fuller because, according to Australian researchers, it releases more leptin, a hormone essential to weight loss. It also helps you store less fat by decreasing parathyroid hormone, which makes you hold on to your love handles. Best of all, Vitamin D literally burns more fat by reducing production of the stress hormone cortisol.

The fad-free truth: Buying supplements to help you lose weight is not the best use of your hard-earned money. Your foundation is a healthy diet and exercise. But some supplements can help fill nutritional gaps that will help your body function more efficiently. Supplementing with 2,000 to 3,000 IU of Vitamin D3 is a smart investment for your overall health and fat-loss goals.