Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for "buddies" in Michigan, more specifically Grand Rapids area...

I have the sample size of the unflavored unjury but honestly haven't tried it yet. I got some squash Soup with that it mind but haven't gotten around to it;)

I bought a canister of Synthrax (sp?) unflavored while I was shopping on Amazon the other day. I hope it comes in handy. The reviews were very high.

It does look a bit challenging to get all your Protein in while keeping calories at a minimum. But you are losing so well, I bet you are very pleased!!!

I only had a 1week preop just due to when surgery and the preop visit were scheduled. I had a low BMI and did not do all liquid, I did as described with bars, meals, and Snacks. Avoid the Soups at all costs, trust me.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Soup. It's a bummer that we have to eat pre made processed food but I guess it's the best way for them to keep track of caloric and Protein intake. I'm relieved that it isn't a two week liquid diet. I do have some anxiety that they are still going to tell me that when I show up on Monday--haha.

How do you feel about the procedure overall and your weight loss? Are you pleased? How are you doing incorporating it into your daily life?

Just got my list out.

2 weeks after surgery

Protein Foods-

Protein supplements/Unjury, Isopure, etc...

GHP beverages and soups- may use the high protein Cereal and oatmeal

Non-fat dry milk powder- can add to Soups, etc for added protein

Cottage cheese, ff or low fat

Baby food meats 3rd stage (did not try that!!)

refried Beans ff or low fat, can make black bean hummus, etc..-may mix with salsa and use ff/reduced fat sour cream

Tofu: light, soft or silken

Milk, no 2% or whole milk

Greek yogurt ( Chobani, Fage, Oikios, Dannon)

pudding, boxed sugar free/ff pudding mix

Cream soups, made with milk-no 2% or whole milk

Higher protein hot cereals, Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal, Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, Coco Wheats or Quaker Oatbran Cooked Cereal-must be on the thin side to run off a spoon

Eating 6 times a day is recommended

Non-Protein Foods-

AFTER eating 60g of protein

Starches- NO other breads/cereals/pasta/rice etc...

regular cream of wheat/grits or oatmeal

mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes

crackers- saltines or reduced fat saltines

Vegie Group

No peas, corn, mixed, lima or baked Beans

Non-starchy vegies= green beans, wax beans, carrots, asparagus, broccoli etc... cooked VERY WELL/MUSHY

fruit Group

NO other fruits

Applesauce-unsweetened/natural

OK to use other fruits in protein shakes only, but MUST use a blender

Thanks so much for the info. I was curious to what they had us doing. I bought some of my own unflavored Protein Powder and plan on adding it to everything!. I have another week yet before that happens.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Soup. It's a bummer that we have to eat pre made processed food but I guess it's the best way for them to keep track of caloric and Protein intake. I'm relieved that it isn't a two week liquid diet. I do have some anxiety that they are still going to tell me that when I show up on Monday--haha.

How do you feel about the procedure overall and your weight loss? Are you pleased? How are you doing incorporating it into your daily life?

Gardengirl

I am pleased with how everything has gone so far. Very thankful that I have not had any complications(so far). I am struggling with the post op liquids but its tolerable and I will not do anything to sabatoge this. (I am adding a splash of coffee to my Protein Drinks which makes a world of difference!) I was told no caffeine but I am being naughty on this, 1/4 cup is all I am intaking :)

To my fellow GHP buddies---you were right about my pre-op diet! I came home today with lots of boxes and pouches of freeze dried and other processed "food". I start tomorrow. I'm relieved it isn't all liquid BUT I have to say the ingredients in these products leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!!

Gardengirl

I am pleased with how everything has gone so far. Very thankful that I have not had any complications(so far). I am struggling with the post op liquids but its tolerable and I will not do anything to sabatoge this. (I am adding a splash of coffee to my Protein drinks which makes a world of difference!) I was told no caffeine but I am being naughty on this' date=' 1/4 cup is all I am intaking :)[/quote']

So I've been sleeved! Day 6 post op! Can't believe how good I feel!! How are you doing?

It's exciting to hear all the positive comments about Dr. Foote. I have my surgery scheduled for November 12th (11.12.13 - interesting date!) with him at St. Mary's! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I start my 2 week pre op on October 29th.

Can y'all tell me more about your experience with Dr. Foote and GHP? How was St. Marys? I understand the rooms are private and nice. Is that a fair assessment? Is there a cot or pull-out for someone (husband) to sleep on and stay in the room with me? How as GHP's product for the pre and post op?

Thanks for all your help in calming my nerves and sharing your experiences!

Susan.

The care at St. Mary's is awesome. There is a couch in the room that your husband can sleep on. Sophie's house is across the road from the hospital where you can rent a room. My surgery was with the Divinci robot. No complications. I'm 9 weeks post op, I can eat anything without a problem, just not very much.