Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm starting to get extremely depressed I'm a month out of surgery and I'm stuck at the same weight for almost two weeks! I don't know what to do i plan on starting the gym Friday. Has anyone else went through this?

Stalls are very common. Increase your liquids if your not getting enough. Make sure your getting in 60-70 grams Protein, take your vitamins.Have you gone #2 lately? try to eat higher than your normal calorie range for 2 days then go back to normal calorie intake. It can confuse your body and throw you back into weightloss mode. If none apply to you then hang in there stalls stink but they will pass good luck :)

it's all completely normal. you are hitting the stall that most people come on here searching for answers about. it will pass and the weight will come off. Keep up the good work!

Yep. Three week stall. Happens to the majority as far as I've seen.

I lost 15lbs in the first two weeks and then didn't budge for two, almost three, weeks after that. Since then I've lost 2-3lbs a week quite steadily!

Don't worry, it WILL start moving again. Just keep your Water and Protein intake up and definitely start some moderate exercise like walking.

Same here sleeved on June 25, lost 17 lbs in 10 days nothing in last 5days can't wait for the stall to end.

A stall at three weeks is very common . Keep up the good work and the scale will move. Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week.

It seems like I have stalled too... Got sleeved on 6/25.... Been at 12 pd loss for 4 days!!!..... Frustrated because I HAAAAAAAATE ( with every breath I breathe) the shakes and my pouch is (seemingly) so damn small that I can barely eat / get in adequate Protein via food! Everything is sooooooo heavy & causes me to burp, have heartburn & even a small amount of food ( retried Beans or a chicken salad type purée) takes me foreeeeeeever to eat (like 15-20 mins)!!! But I sooooooo neeeeeed this stall to "unstall" because I'm feeling that depressed feeling right about now

Another member posted this link to an interesting article. I think it was RickM. I feel your frustration. You might want to check this out

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

This may be what is happening to you. :rolleyes:

Best wishes to you!

Same here was sleeved June 27th I've lost 9lbs so far but nothing for the past 7 days I'm going on week 3 I'm following everything by the book it's starting to get to me pre surgery I was losing faster! Ugh! I shouldn't complain I know but I pray it starts picking up!

You will go thru stalls but I do suggest the gym. I started the gym on wk 4 and go 5 to 6 times a Wk. Your body gets use to it and becomes part of your lifestyle change. I've been on a stall for 2 weeks and last night I weight myself and lost 6 lbs since last Sunday. Yay. Also, remember you are losing inches. Very important

Alyjourney Thank you this helps out allot! I'm currently walking at least 4x daily I'm not going to allow it to bother me I've made it this far I can go for more! It's all about the journey! I just finished watching a you tube video from a doctor talking about stalls sometimes lasting up to 8 weeks that's long! I'll keep going though. Thank you again!

Alyjourney Thank you this helps out allot! I'm currently walking at least 4x daily I'm not going to allow it to bother me I've made it this far I can go for more! It's all about the journey! I just finished watching a you tube video from a doctor talking about stalls sometimes lasting up to 8 weeks that's long! I'll keep going though. Thank you again!

It's ok. As long as you stick with it. As they say. Rome wasn't built in one day. Also change up your routine every few days. Tricks the body.