Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

I'm in the metro area. Where was everyone sleeved? I'm 7/30 with Dr. Thomas Jones Park Nicollet Methodist.

I'm also a patient at PNC and starting my band to sleeve revision journey. I won't schedule my surgery until I go through the process to get approved. Were you happy with Dr. Jones? I've heard good thing about him. How are you feeling? Are you having success?

Hey there,

My primary care doc recommended a sleeve gastrectomy, so I've started the paperwork and research. I'm in the Twin Cities. Does anyone have advice on how to narrow down the list of surgeons?

Thanks!

I would say do research and ask others opinions. I had Dr. Drew out of Ridgeview. He was an amazing man, kind and caring. He spent three hours with me answering any questions or concerns I had. I meet him at the informational you have to go to before you can have the surgery to decide what you want!

Tkrk0325 - I am 6 weeks post op with the sleeve. I had Dr Jones at PNC. I was very pleased with him and his bedside manner.

I had a great experience with the hospital staff and my recovery was terrific. I won't lie, some days are challenging trying to get in all the Protein and fluids.

Good luck!

Interesting... I went to the PNC information session and no doc nor surgeon was there. I was a little disappointed.

Cat

That is odd, I have been to a few of them and there has always been a surgeon there for Q & A... Sorry you had that experience. There are some of us that hav gone through it (I am 2 years out) and will aswer any questions from my experiences.

:)

Supposed to have surgery at the end of January with Dr. Jonathan Gipson at north memorial ( he also sees patients at unity). He seems very well qualified and has already done the endoscopy ( which went well). Anyone have their surgery with him?

I am still waiting for a surgery date. I will have my surgery at St. Joseph's in St. Paul with Dr. Koeplin. Haven't met him yet except for the introductory information meeting. I hope he's good! I have met with the bariatrician, nurse, dietition, psychiatrist, sleep study, blood work and the required five Health Partners phone consults. Now I have to wait to see the surgeon in mid-January, then wait for insurance paperwork and acceptance, then two week prep diet and another pre- surgery meeting with all the players. It certainly is a long drawn out process. I am hoping for late January early February surgery. Originally hoped I'd be done by the end of December for ins. deductible purposes. Oh well, it is all in their hands.

I am still waiting for a surgery date. I will have my surgery at St. Joseph's in St. Paul with Dr. Koeplin. Haven't met him yet except for the introductory information meeting. I hope he's good! I have met with the bariatrician, nurse, dietition, psychiatrist, sleep study, blood work and the required five Health Partners phone consults. Now I have to wait to see the surgeon in mid-January, then wait for insurance paperwork and acceptance, then two week prep diet and another pre- surgery meeting with all the players. It certainly is a long drawn out process. I am hoping for late January early February surgery. Originally hoped I'd be done by the end of December for ins. deductible purposes. Oh well, it is all in their hands.

I met my surgeon before I started all the meetings with all the other required stuff and phone calls, it was nice to get that out of the way first. Got me really comfortable with him and he answered tons of questions I had. I have health partners and they approved me rather fast, however they can take up to thirty days to approve you. The lady at my clinic was surprised how fast they responded. So hopefully they respond fast for you too!

Thanks everyone, for sharing all of your advice and knowledge. I've been stalling on sending my paperwork in because it's such a huge decision.

I bought a new mattress for Xmas, one of those super-dense foam ones that arrives in an impossibly small box. (The brand is Leesa, for anyone who is interested.) I was asked to take video of the unwrapping, so I did. Then I reviewed it. No one is seeing this video. The unwrapping went fine, but who IS that person with the scissors? I don't (usually) feel that bulky and ungainly and awkward.

So I've committed to four thiings in 2015: WLS, an Iron Butt ride, and trying a zipline.

Cat

@@Bacon-n-Limes

I've had that same situation where I see myself in a video or pic. Wow. Just wow. What has happened to me? Well, seeing is believing. I'm so glad to be part of this group and hoping 2015 people will be seeing "less" of me. :)

All Twin City B-Pal Sleevers - Happy New Year!

Our next get together is scheduled for Saturday, January 17th at 10:00am at the Golden Valley Perkins (394/Louisiana Ave - next to Menards).

This group is open to anyone - regardless if you are pee-surgery or 6 years post-op! The more the better. Please let me know if you can it cannot be there. I will arrive early to hold our tables.

Lori

> Our next get together is scheduled for Saturday, January 17th at 10:00am at the Golden Valley Perkins (394/Louisiana Ave - next to Menards).

I plan on attending.

I'll be there. It's already on my calendar! Can't wait to se you guys!!