Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having surgery 8/6/13.I am looking into different clear Liquid Protein sources after post-op. I am considering buying (New Whey) 40g Protein Shots Gelatein 20 gram Protein Jello and Unjury 20 gram protein chicken broth. I looked into Isopure but are almost $4 per bottle. Anyone else have any suggestions or reviews on the products I mentioned or any other ways you get in your clear Proteins? ?

I have heard that the New Whey shots are, despite the name, mostly collagen Protein which humans have a lot of trouble actually absorbing and using.

I haven't heard of Gelatein but again I would check the ingredients to make sure that it is mostly whey protein (preferably isolate rather than concentrate).

I have used the Unjury chicken Soup a lot and I love it. I don't do more than one serving per day because of the high sodium levels.

In Orlando, I can't find Isopure for less then $4.99 a bottle, but I only have to drink it for a week, and only one or two bottles a day, so it won't be that costly. I also purchased Unjury chicken Soup mix and the unflavored mix to use with crystal light or mio drops. I think I have to have 70 grams of Protein daily. I think the Isopure has 40 gms. I've read so many labels the past 2 weeks I can't really remember.

I tried the New Whey Protein and I was sick to my stomach yesterday for most of the day...just threw the last two in the garbage.

BIG believer in ISOPURE!! It's a great way to get your liquids and Protein easily!!! I also pour mine into little tupperware bowls and freeze them... They become like a Protein slushy! So if you drink two a day... That's cheaper than what you would normally spend on a fast food lunch, alone! Totally worth it!!! I sampled all of the FLAVORS before I purchased them and here is my assessment:

Isopure FLAVORS - ranked:

Apple Melon (flavorful, strong)

Alpine Punch (not strong, but sweet)

Grape Frost (not strong, not sweet)

Blue Raspberry

Peach Mango

Icy Orange

I didn't have to do a clear liquid stage post-op, but straight to full liquids. However, I haven't been able to stomach many of the Protein mixes I liked before surgery. (I also thought Isopure was nasty both pre and post-op) The one thing that works for me is Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade. I mix it with Water, lots of ice and a lemonade flavored Crystal Light.

I would warn you not to buy a whole lot of anything before surgery. You will find that post op your tastes may change a lot, and if you stock up on something before hand you may end up hating it post op and then you will be stuck with it. Good Luck and enjoy the journey, it's not always easy but it gets better every day.

Thanks for the heads up about the new whey Protein. I did research it and discovered that in fact it is collagan protein that is not even absorbed by our bodies. So dangerous to think that we trust these companies and they can do great damage. So suck it up and buy the Isopures : ) We dont eat out much and am pretty budget conscious with our weekly grocery menu/list but money surely does come second to health! How about Vitamins? Did anyone buy the liquid versions???

After doing research it seems that Syntrax Nectar powder Protein gets excellent reviews. Does anyone have any experience using this and is it good...bad??

After doing research it seems that Syntrax nectar powder Protein gets excellent reviews. Does anyone have any experience using this and is it good...bad??

I LOVE the Syntrax Nectars!!!!! The best thing about them is they are not $50 bucks a tub like some of the others... plus, they are Lactose-Free with is a biggie!!! I became lactose-intolerant after surgery... I'm 8 days post-op. before surgery, I bought individual packets of allllll of the flavors and tried them out. Some were amazing, some where not. The ones I ended up buying were the Cappuccino, vanilla Bean Torte, and Double Stuffed Cookie.

Also, I mix mine with Water and just a few ice cubes. It becomes just a nice drink, not a shake. I'm sure I could add more to make it thicker. SN also has a frothy layer that will immediately begin building up after you mix. This wasn't a problem pre-op, but now I'm trying to avoid extra air!! So I just use a small straw and drink from the bottom and stop before I get to the froth!

Great!! I tried Isopure...red one I think fruit punch. It tasted good actually...no after taste just made my mouth very dry...Anyone have any opinions on other flavors. At 5.99 a bottle at my local GNC i dont have the funds to try em all...

After doing research it seems that Syntrax Nectar powder Protein gets excellent reviews. Does anyone have any experience using this and is it good...bad??

Eh, I don't love them. Some I could stomach some I couldn't. I'd highly recommend their sample pack. Its not that expensive and you could use them immediately post-op to help you determine if you its worth ordering full sizes.

I ordered samples of Syntrax nectar, Unjury, and got a couple more from GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. It got me through my liquids stage.

~Kat

Where do you get the samples from?

BIG believer in ISOPURE!! It's a great way to get your liquids and Protein easily!!! I also pour mine into little tupperware bowls and freeze them... They become like a protein slushy! So if you drink two a day... That's cheaper than what you would normally spend on a fast food lunch' date=' alone! Totally worth it!!! I sampled all of the FLAVORS before I purchased them and here is my assessment:

Isopure FLAVORS - ranked:

Apple Melon (flavorful, strong)

Alpine Punch (not strong, but sweet)

Grape Frost (not strong, not sweet)

Blue Raspberry

Peach Mango

Icy Orange[/quote']

Once you find a flavor that you like, you can get a case shipped free.on amazon...about $35 for 12. I am splitting with a friend.

Where do you get the samples from?

Samples of Unjury and Chike came directly from their company websites. I can't remember where I got the Syntrax samples (maybe Netrition.com) but I believe they are available on the company website as well. I later did samples of Big Train fit frappe and Click. Those were when I was cleared for caffeine/coffee. They are casein based Protein (different milk byproduct than whey but still good quality protein) and are my absolute favorite. I drink Click daily.

I'm on my phone and can't check but in one of the forums (might be nutrition or pre-op, will check and link later) there is a sticky thread foe protein samples that have even more listed.

~Kat