Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teachers Supporting Sleeved Teachers

I do!! I teach where I live...which' date=' after commuting 125 miles a day down to the Bronx when I first starting teaching, I appreciate more than words can express!![/quote']

Wow! That's a commute I teach by Catskill which is why I asked. So how are you feeling so far with your recovery? I'm 5 days in and still have some pain and trouble with swallowing to much air that leads to trapped gas, which is painful! Any advice?

If you're taking in too much air when drinking, I highly recommend a Camelbak bottle. I've always used them at school and my NUT is a big fan. Even though it has a straw she said the design actually prevents you from taking in too much air. I also like them because its easy to track how much I've had to drink.

If you're taking in too much air when drinking' date=' I highly recommend a Camelbak bottle. I've always used them at school and my NUT is a big fan. Even though it has a straw she said the design actually prevents you from taking in too much air. I also like them because its easy to track how much I've had to drink.[/quote']

Thanks! I will go get one today! Ill try anything at this point!

I used to have a Camelbak water bottle and loved it! If we're really allowed to use it, then I'll run right out and get another!

I used to have a Camelbak Water bottle and loved it! If we're really allowed to use it' date=' then I'll run right out and get another![/quote']

I went and bought one. I think it helped a little with the air. Not as gassy today, but definitely still there

I'm still trying to get over the gas pain! My body just does not want to devolve it. But other then that and my left side incision being very sore yet, I feel pretty good considering the surgery we went through! How are you tolerating liquids? Are you able to get 64oz in yet?

I'm doing ok with the liquids but no where near 64oz. I'm getting about 40oz

I am in louisiana too!!

what part of Louisiana?

what part of Louisiana?

I am in Lafayette and work in New Iberia.

You?

I am in Lafayette and work in New Iberia.

You?

I live and work in Youngsville. How long ago did you have your surgery?

I have survived 4 days of my 4 week liquid diet and it gets easier each day! My biggest concern is that my surgery date is one week before school starts. I will have my room ready and will have weeks worth of lessons completed, but I am concerned that I may not feel ready. I teach Special Education and fear missing the first few days. I teach HS at a career center so ALL of the students are new to the school and they are always nervous. Did anyone go back to school after a week?

I have survived 4 days of my 4 week liquid diet and it gets easier each day! My biggest concern is that my surgery date is one week before school starts. I will have my room ready and will have weeks worth of lessons completed' date=' but I am concerned that I may not feel ready. I teach Special Education and fear missing the first few days. I teach HS at a career center so ALL of the students are new to the school and they are always nervous. Did anyone go back to school after a week?[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 15, if I had to I could go back to work on Monday. One week after surgery. Not that it would be ideal, if you have a lot of the work done already, and are not going to be running sound all du long, you will probably be ok. Your probably going to be exhausted, but I think you can o it. Go by how you feel. If you think you'll need more time then take it, just make sure you take care of yourself! Good luck

I'm doing ok with the liquids but no where near 64oz. I'm getting about 40oz

I don't even think I'm getting in 40! I think I'm still around 30. I'm trying but it is really hard to get all that liquid down! I'm gonna focus on nothing but one. 33oz Water bottle and an 11 oz Protein shake tomorrow. Then see what else I can get in! Never thought that 2oz of Jello would be to much for me to eat!

I have survived 4 days of my 4 week liquid diet and it gets easier each day! My biggest concern is that my surgery date is one week before school starts. I will have my room ready and will have weeks worth of lessons completed' date=' but I am concerned that I may not feel ready. I teach Special Education and fear missing the first few days. I teach HS at a career center so ALL of the students are new to the school and they are always nervous. Did anyone go back to school after a week?[/quote']

I am starting my preop diet tomorrow- surgery is the first of August. We start back the 11th and I'm really worried about going back so soon!! I'm trying to get as much done as possible, but still concerned. :-(

I am a 4 th grade teacher from MI. I was sleeved June 25 th. I am down 29 pounds but have hit a stall. Other than that I am doing well in almost all aspects. Still trying to add more Water everyday. I am up to 30 oz. I have a question for the experienced sleevers...did anyone suffer from pain in the side they pulled the stomach out for a long period of time? I am not taking pain meds and I was feeling pretty good but the last 4 days I have had a terrible pain in my right side when I stand up tall or move certain ways. If I am laying or sitting it is fine. It is fine on my 5 mile bike rides. Any thoughts?