Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teachers Supporting Sleeved Teachers

I'm a high school social studies teacher in western ny. I was sleeved July 1. I have lost 32 lbs from preop and post op. I think and hope ill be down 50 by the beginning of sept. I'm nervous about the start of school. Don't know how I'm gonna explain the loss.

I'm a high school social studies teacher in western ny. I was sleeved July 1. I have lost 32 lbs from preop and post op. I think and hope ill be down 50 by the beginning of sept. I'm nervous about the start of school. Don't know how I'm gonna explain the loss.

Just tell people that you have been eating healthy and exercising a lot! I'm not telling people at work about the surgery. So that's what I'm going to say.

I teach 6th and 7th grade in Louisiana and I am pre-op. My sleeve is scheduled for July 17th just 3 days away and I am extremely nervous.

I am in louisiana too!!

Funny story- I started this forum and was incredibly excited about it... But I couldn't ever find it again, even when I used the search feature!! Geesh!! Now I am going to catch up on everyone's posts- thanks everyone for supporting one another :)

Do any of you have YouTube channels? Mine is Amber Carter. I also have a FB for wls- Amber Vsg.

How much of a pre-op program did you go through? It's totally reasonable to tell people you worked on healthier eating habits with a dietician!

We've got a support group for teachers right here: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/groups/show/111-teachers/

C'mon over - it would be great if the group could be more active :)

Also, for those of you I haven't met yet, I'm Tara, I live in Claymont, DE and I'm a teacher of the deaf. Just had my surgery on Monday and so far, so good (except for the gas pains, which seem to be in no hurry to subside ;)

I'm still trying to get over the gas pain! My body just does not want to devolve it. But other then that and my left side incision being very sore yet, I feel pretty good considering the surgery we went through! How are you tolerating liquids? Are you able to get 64oz in yet?

CA, I wouldn't worry too much about meeting the 64 oz mark since we were sleeved so recently. The surgeon, NP, and nut all told me that just keeping any Water down right now is of paramount importance, and not to worry so much about ounces until we're a little further along. Makes sense...any amount of H20 can't help us if it's coming back up ;)

We've got a support group for teachers right here: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/groups/show/111-teachers/

C'mon over - it would be great if the group could be more active :)

Also' date=' for those of you I haven't met yet, I'm Tara, I live in Claymont, DE and I'm a teacher of the deaf. Just had my surgery on Monday and so far, so good (except for the gas pains, which seem to be in no hurry to subside ;)[/quote']

Is that group on the same forum we are currently on? Or is it a different app??

It's a group here on VST, Amber. It's just a link directly to the group so you don't have to go searching for it :)

It's a group here on VST' date=' Amber. It's just a link directly to the group so you don't have to go searching for it :)[/quote']

Thanks! :)

Hey again, teacher friends, the link to the teacher discussion forum is here: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/forum/241-teachers/ just in case we want to start teaching/sleeve-related conversations there :)

Hi all!!

I was an elementary teacher for 7 years (grade 4 and grade 2) and for the past 3 years I've been a high school librarian. I was supposed to be sleeved this past October but my coordinator got cold feet as it was my tenure year. She suggested I wait until school was out, and I'm so glad I did! I was sleeved June 26 and I'm down 20 lbs since then.

I really appreciate having the summer to adjust to my new normal.

I've been very open with my colleagues and they have been extremely supportive.

I'm in the Hudson Valley of NY.

Hi all!!

I was an elementary teacher for 7 years (grade 4 and grade 2) and for the past 3 years I've been a high school librarian. I was supposed to be sleeved this past October but my coordinator got cold feet as it was my tenure year. She suggested I wait until school was out' date=' and I'm so glad I did! I was sleeved June 26 and I'm down 20 lbs since then.

I really appreciate having the summer to adjust to my new normal.

I've been very open with my colleagues and they have been extremely supportive.

I'm in the Hudson Valley of NY.[/quote']

I

I'm not to far from you! I live outside of Albany. I had my surgery on the 15 of July and am also so glad I waited until summer so I could relax, heal and get use to my new lifestyle! Do you teach in that area as well?

I do!! I teach where I live...which, after commuting 125 miles a day down to the Bronx when I first starting teaching, I appreciate more than words can express!!