Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So glad I can giggle on the morning of surgery! Thanks ladies!!

;). Gl w ur surgery. Luk how ur doing when u can. God bless! Dee Dee

my sister was one of those underweight kids through her 20's....she once told me she learned to hate the word skinny....no matter what she ate, she couldn't gain weight....it was hard to get clothes that fit her growing up....I think that's the part she hated.

As an adult, she started gaining and became obese...however, the two of us can follow the same diet, and she will steadily lose weight, while my body wants to hold onto it.

It's been so long since I was thin....I don't think I was every skinny.....but hope to be a skinny beotch soon LOL Thanks for the giggles!

Remember Monique? Well she's one now too and she talked THE MOST TRASH about skinny chicks! LOL Ironic right?

Anyhow... I've been on both sides of the fence but never a size 0 bitching about my bloating after eating ramen noodles if you catch my drift! Can't stand women like that either!

post-57564-13813667555565_thumb.jpg

I dunno. Maybe it's because people that didn't know me before assume that I've always been small that I don't find this as funny as I might have once upon a time.

It's annoying to hear someone that's as small as we'd like to be complain, sure.

But on the other hand, it's unfair to say that just because a woman is smaller that she can't have body image issues or feel like she needs to improve herself. I think you'll understand this more once you're the skinny one. And we never really know what damage is going on in her head and life to make her feel unhappy or insecure in her skin.

For instance, I'm now smaller than many people and wouldn't be considered big by anyone but the tiniest framed person. And I still lament that I have to lose another eight pounds to get back my goal weight. To someone that doesn't know me and my background and who is still overweight, I'd be that same skinny beotch complaining about something and being ridiculous.

But in reality, I'm just trying to remain vigilant and on track because I never want to be obese again. I don't want be carrying this pregnancy weight around for three years like I did last time.

If I'm unhappy about my loose skin, that's a valid way to feel even if I look great in my clothes. I would hate to be mocked by someone for feeling the way I do simply because I'm smaller now.

In a way, I view the idea of blanket statements about thin people with the same distaste I'd view blanket statements about obese people (i.e. "Ugh, I hate fat people complaining about their weight; why don't they just eat better and get to the gym?") so I try remember that even when I'm annoyed with complaints from other people.

Just my opinion, and I think that you'll understand my perspective more in a year!

~Cheri

I dunno. Maybe it's because people that didn't know me before assume that I've always been small that I don't find this as funny as I might have once upon a time.

It's annoying to hear someone that's as small as we'd like to be complain' date=' sure.

But on the other hand, it's unfair to say that just because a woman is smaller that she can't have body image issues or feel like she needs to improve herself. I think you'll understand this more once you're the skinny one. And we never really know what damage is going on in her head and life to make her feel unhappy or insecure in her skin.

For instance, I'm now smaller than many people and wouldn't be considered big by anyone but the tiniest framed person. And I still lament that I have to lose another eight pounds to get back my goal weight. To someone that doesn't know me and my background and who is still overweight, I'd be that same skinny beotch complaining about something and being ridiculous.

But in reality, I'm just trying to remain vigilant and on track because I never want to be obese again. I don't want be carrying this pregnancy weight around for three years like I did last time.

If I'm unhappy about my loose skin, that's a valid way to feel even if I look great in my clothes. I would hate to be mocked by someone for feeling the way I do simply because I'm smaller now.

In a way, I view the idea of blanket statements about thin people with the same distaste I'd view blanket statements about obese people (i.e. "Ugh, I hate fat people complaining about their weight; why don't they just eat better and get to the gym?") so I try remember that even when I'm annoyed with complaints from other people.

Just my opinion, and I think that you'll understand my perspective more in a year!

~Cheri[/quote']

This is what I was trying to say but you said it better .. Thank you

It's annoying to hear someone that's as small as we'd like to be complain' date=' sure.

~Cheri[/quote']

Cheri,

You always make a lot of sense in my book. This thread and others we've landed on together. I totally get what you're saying here however when I started this thread, I really wasn't trying to offend anyone or bash thin people. I was really just venting about SKINNY people. Skinning meaning bones and skin without fat, like ever at any point in time.

A thin person that was once fat that's complaining about a problem that's relevant to them isn't what I was venting about. Obviously such a person has a weight problem. So a complaint regarding such an issue is valid from such a person.

A person that's SKINNY....and doesn't have a weight problem....and always eats crap and always complains about something (that won't happen) to people who knows her about an issue they know she doesn't have is annoying in my book.

The person that sparked my venting complains that she'll gain weight WHILE she's eating the crap she eats but she doesn't actually gain weight and then complains when she loses 10 pounds in one day. (I don't know any living thing that loses 10 pounds in one day) What is she really complaining about then? Nothing....

If anyone else sees the issue here...I'll admit you're better than me but this would be like Obama on the day he was elected president complaining about being wanting to be vice-president...it just doesn't make sense!! It's a non-issue!

I have 2 skinny friends who are now starting to diet because they are looking at me and seeing the progress I have been making....Remember I said skinny friends...One said that it will be just as hard for her to lose 20 lbs as it would be for someone else to lose 100.....I disagree with that comment......No one notices if you are 20 lbs over weight...BUT they sure notice if you are a 100 plus over weight......

Why can't SOMEONE VENT IF THEY CHOOSE TOO?

To Vent or not To Vent:

Ventees vent against the venters venting and the vent goes on.....ROTFLMAO enjoy ladies...

Cheri,

You always make a lot of sense in my book. This thread and others we've landed on together. I totally get what you're saying here however when I started this thread, I really wasn't trying to offend anyone or bash thin people. I was really just venting about SKINNY people. Skinning meaning bones and skin without fat, like ever at any point in time.

A thin person that was once fat that's complaining about a problem that's relevant to them isn't what I was venting about. Obviously such a person has a weight problem. So a complaint regarding such an issue is valid from such a person.

A person that's SKINNY....and doesn't have a weight problem....and always eats crap and always complains about something (that won't happen) to people who knows her about an issue they know she doesn't have is annoying in my book.

The person that sparked my venting complains that she'll gain weight WHILE she's eating the crap she eats but she doesn't actually gain weight and then complains when she loses 10 pounds in one day. (I don't know any living thing that loses 10 pounds in one day) What is she really complaining about then? Nothing....

If anyone else sees the issue here...I'll admit you're better than me but this would be like Obama on the day he was elected president complaining about being wanting to be vice-president...it just doesn't make sense!! It's a non-issue!

Oh, I hope nobody is offended! I think many of us have at one time or another thrown those ideas and words around. I see where you're coming from - and yes, I have vented frustration any number of times here, too (and I know for a fact that I offend people when I do) so I'm definitely hoping you don't get the idea that you shouldn't have posted this or that it's not okay to vent or be real here on VST.

I was just saying how I feel about it now, from the other side.

And I admit you have a great point here. I have a friend that did the whole, "I'd never have surgery, I can do this on my own" thing and she's still struggling with her weight, still binges on massive fast food meals and yes, still complains that she's still obese and I'm not. We hardly talk anymore because it's always about how she wants to lose weight and surgery aside, there are times when I just want to smack her on the head and say, "Then STOP what you're doing!"

Then I realize that I was the same before surgery, and even after surgery it took me a long while to get to where I am today. I'm not known for being understanding or tolerant. In some ways, when I post things I'm doing it to remind myself of things, too, so that I can keep improving and being forgiving of other people.

Even when I think they're being stupid. :)

~Cheri

I am probably going to get flamed but I don't feel that we should judge these people as well. We get upset when people judge us, and they are no different. It doesn't matter how much you weigh, you are never satisfied, whether it is fast weight loss or not. Please do not mistake me, I understand your frustration, and you have every right to feel frustrate and angry, but it might be helpful to try to see things through her eyes. :)

I am probably going to get flamed but I don't feel that we should judge these people as well. We get upset when people judge us' date=' and they are no different. It doesn't matter how much you weigh, you are never satisfied, whether it is fast weight loss or not. Please do not mistake me, I understand your frustration, and you have every right to feel frustrate and angry, but it might be helpful to try to see things through her eyes. :)[/quote']

You shouldnt get flamed because this is a forum w different opinions and some will agree and some won't .. At the moment I agree with you on this one

Ladies, I get where you all are coming from, I am very new to this site. I've been stalking it for a couple of weeks, and just officially joined today...

I too get annoyed when someone who weighs 120lbs complains to me about getting fat. It almost feels like they are trying to say hey I think I'm fat and I'm nowhere near YOUR size. But, that's a personal issue I'm sure. It's all about perspective I guess...

But, dang it, I just can't wait til I can cross my legs and have an ACTUAL lap for my grandkids to sit in! To feel good in my own body for the first time in my adult life! I'm looking forward to all of those NSVs I keep hearing about, in some ways even more than the actual weight loss!

I love this forum and look forward to getting to know you all. :)

Personally, I think at the end of the day everyone sees everything from their own perspective, and sometimes that includes trying to share the perspective of someone in different shoes, sometimes it doesn't. Gemini, you gave me a good laugh, because let's face it, the stereotypes of the "naturally" thin complainers who eat everything in sight come from somewhere (I grew up with one of them ;)) just as the stereotypes of the massively obese couch potato stuffing themselves with fried chicken and frosting out of a can comes from somewhere. It's ok to laugh at the ironies and things that may seem ridiculous to us, as long as we're not invective towards others (i.e. I don't think you would ever say to her what you say to us, as we are your people ;).

And for the record, I love that this is a place where we have so many intelligent, witty, and insightful people!!