Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas pains 8 months out!?!?!?

I am about 8 months out and recently have had a couple episodes of EXTREMELY painful gas. It goes to my back and makes it hard to breath. It is easily relieved by 2 chewable gas x, and it has only happened about 4 times. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Yes. Twice. Most recent occurrence was this past Sunday & it lasted 2 days. I had to take 3 Gas-X pills. I think it was some cooked cabbage I ate.

Could be particular foods or gallbladder?

No I haven't had my gallbladder checked because I didn't think gas pains was a symptom

Gallbladder FEELS like gas pains. I had some horrible ones. Thought it was a gas bubble and it wasn't. It was so painful. Went to ER and had gallstones. Walking helps to get them out and if you have any Lortab lying around, that also helps. They gave that to me for when I had an attack before my surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

No I haven't had my gallbladder checked because I didn't think gas pains was a symptom

Let me be more specific. I was sleeved in July 2012. In January 2013 I had pains on the bottom of my right rib cage that traveled to my back. Similar in your description. They increasingly got worse, unbearable. I called my doctor she asked me what I had eaten. Well, I treated myself to a Cappachino at Starbucks. I was told if I had gallstones any consumption of fat would trigger a gallstone attack. Few days later I had a ultrasound and was positive for gallstones. One more thing I want to mention. I also had heart palpations. I googled gallstone symtoms and read that they can give you symtoms of a heart attack. Had my gallbladder removed in January.

So be sure to call your Dr. Rapid weightloss affects the gallbladder and if you have stones don't fool around as they can get stuck near your pancreas duct. I really hope this helps you find the problem. I'm also hoping it is just gas. Gallstones are very common after this surgery. There is medication that I have read that Drs give after surgery to prevent gallstones. I was not given any prescriptions for gallbladder. If you search "gallstones" at the top of this forum in search box I can guarantee you alot more information. My blessings to you! Good luck

Thanks I will make sure to call Monday morning! How was recovery post op from gallbladder removal?

For me it was rougher than the sleeve. That could also be because I ended up having pancreatitis as well from a stone wanting to get loose. Hopefully it won't be too rough for you!

Gallbladder surgery was tougher than the sleeve. Don't want to make you feel uneasy about it. Some people say it was easy. I left the hospital 3 hours after the surgery. My problem was that I did not stay ahead of the pain with pain meds.

Gallbladder surgery was tougher than the sleeve. Don't want to make you feel uneasy about it. Some people say it was easy. I left the hospital 3 hours after the surgery. My problem was that I did not stay ahead of the pain with pain meds.

I'm sure my nurses probably thought I had a pain pill addiction. I was in so much pain I was watching the clock and buzzing for my Lortab! LoL!

I'm sure my nurses probably thought I had a pain pill addiction. I was in so much pain I was watching the clock and buzzing for my Lortab! LoL!

I was really mean in recovery to my nurse. I remember her saying "Stop moving! The more you move the worse you make the pain". I think I said some things that I didn't mean!

My nurse in recovery was a complete B! I woke up and took the oxygen mask off my face because I couldn't breathe (I can't breathe with that much air coming at me...probably a mental thing...ha). She said, "Yes you can." I was like, "No I can't!" Then she asked me if I needed some ice chips because I kept clearing my throat, so I said no a few times, then when I asked for them, she said, "It's about time." I almost go off the bed and knocked her out! LoL!

Update I am in the hospital admitted with a shitload of gallstones and surgery to have it removed in the am:-(

Update I am in the hospital admitted with a shitload of gallstones and surgery to have it removed in the am:-(

Just had mine out about 3 weeks ago. Same story...extreme pain under my ribcage and back, felt like I was in labor or having a heart attack. Had a stone in the common bile duct. Surgery was a little harder than the vsg for some reason for me. The gas pain is the worst. Just pop the Norco for a few days.