Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wont be sleeved after all.. :'(

If my boyfriend applies for this could I use it for me? I'm currently unemployed due to mobility issues. So I won't qualify for anything

i think so. There are many of options. But 2.400$ is a lot less than self paying. Just save up if all else fails.

My boyfriend and I both applied and both were denied. I don't think my surgeon takes it

My boyfriend and I both applied and both were denied. I don't think my surgeon takes it

Is your surgeon a private or independent from your hospital? If he's through the hospital you should be able to contact the hospital & make payment arrangements. My guy was a private special clinic and it wasn't possible. Try that to see whag your doc is. Hope that makes sense.

I wouldn't suggest a loan to someone who isn't employed.

But just because you don't have the sleeve, doesn't mean you can't start losing weight to help you become mobile again. Start using MyFitnessPal, and start walking just as you would if you did have the sleeve.

Start saving every dime you can, and find ways to earn money...there has to be something you can do... can you babysit, buy clothing cheap at garage sales and sell it for profit on ebay (my sister in law does this and makes great money). There has to be something you can do to earn money.

I do hope you find a way to pay for surgery, but taking out a loan is not the way if you can't pay it back.

I had financial issues as well. I cancelled my medicare part b 2 yrs ago (I'm a disabled vet and always use the va clinic for drs visits) to save $110 a mth. Come to find out, thats what covers my drs charges for the surgery. I had to come up with $5400 before they would cut me.

No clue how I was gunna do it. We don't have great credit so there goes several ways of getting the money. in the end, after mentioning it to my in laws while on vacation a few weeks ago, they gave me the money. They're so worried that my slipped band will cause more damage.

I'm so sorry. I know it's tough, especially when you've already started the pre op diet. So sorry :wacko:

Are you certain that you cant make a pay agreement witht the hospital? I have a 3000 coinsurance and 200 or so remaining to meet my deductable. I won't pay anything to the Dr, the insurance will. The hospital will bill me for the amount i owe after the insurance claim has been closed and they see the balance. I have always made a pay agreement with them in cases of surgery or hospitalization. Just an idea.

If you have really bad credit maybe you can get a loan from a pawn shop. Do you have any jewelry, game systems, televisions, laptops, cameras, cell phones etc that you could put up as collateral for a loan?

My boyfriend isn't unemployed he works more the 60 hours a week but he still wasn't approved for the care credit thing. He's going to apply for a loan at out credit union tomorrow and see if we can get one there.

Have any of you (or heard of someone) switching insurance during their process? I have state Medicaid as well and my mom suggested I drop my BCBS and go through my Medicaid. But I'd have to travel 3.5 hours away to have surgery and I don't know what Medicaid requirements are

Before he starts applying for stuff check your credit report. Every time he applies for a loan or credit card, it's considered a hard inquiry and will lower his credit score. Use credit sesame it's free and u don't have to give a credit card. I use it every month for about a year now.

Have any of you (or heard of someone) switching insurance during their process? I have state Medicaid as well and my mom suggested I drop my BCBS and go through my Medicaid. But I'd have to travel 3.5 hours away to have surgery and I don't know what Medicaid requirements are

If you have medicaid they would probably cover it with no out of cost expense to you.

If you have medicaid they would probably cover it with no out of cost expense to you.

That's what I'm thinking. But I don't know if it could be just that easy.

What state are you in? What kind of medicaid do you have? The good thing is...you can still use all the stuff you've done so far even if you go through a different insurance. Like your pulmonary clearance, nutritionist visits, supervised diet etc. you won't have to do that stuff again.