Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I always feel great until I come look at this app and see everyone else's amazing results. :-( It makes me feel like I must be doing something wrong.

You aren't doing anything wrong- everyone is at their own pace. How far along are you?

Tomorrow I will be out 5 weeks. I lost 14 pounds in my 2 week pre opt diet and I have list 18 since surgery. I just feel like everyone else is losing WAY more and it gets me down.

Guest Jason Cody

Everyone has their own journey and road. Each stomach is different and the bougee (spelling???) used. Focus on your path and not everyone else and you will do fine. I am 8 days post surgery and already can eat/drink my 1000 calories a day. I also came out of surgery craving Water and drank everything I could find; my surgeon was amazed but excited. I was walking all over the place. I think everyone has their own unique journey to follow. As long as you are being healthy in your choices you are making and not pushing your body to it's new "limits" you will be doing just fine.

I was 5 weeks yesterday.

I lost 9 lbs pre surgery and 17.5 post. So you are losing better than me.

It is very depressing because its going so slow. I see some people say they ramped up at 7 or 8 weeks- hopefully our time is coming!

Girl....we're doing well. I had surgery on 5/20 and am down 20. I'm not worried about others' results...just mine. That is a full time job! ;-). My Dr. was very pleased with those results today at my appt. so I keep plugging along working the plan. I figure that weight is coming off...not going up, so that is good, right? I will say to keep myself from getting discouraged I find small goals I can meet. For instance, there is this really cute top I bought that was way too tight when I first bought it because the size tag was wrong. My mini goal is to be 'comfortably' in this shirt by vacay in a couple of weeks. I tried it on tonight and it's looser than it was a week ago! I'm super excited. Should be right on target! So, chin up....you're on the downward slide. :-)

U r doing great! U still have swelling ect and it was slow for me the first month! It will pick up :)

Thanks all you are very encouraging. :-) I needed that reality check.

Friday will be 10 weeks since start of my 3 day pre-op. As of today I'm down 20.4 lbs..... Some of us are just slow!

And remember We could be up, it's all in perspective. I have lost 20% of my excess weight in almost 10 weeks

You have to claim your own journey for you and forget about everyone else. The fast losers are always the ones who post most (and good luck to them as it does really encourage those who are pre-op). Those who consider themselves 'slow' feel more reluctant to post as they can sometimes feel a little inferior with their loss and as 'large' people we have more than likely spent a lot of our time feeling a little inferior to others. Do post though as you will find that there are many people at the same stage as you and they feel happy that others are travelling along at the same pace.

What I would really encourage you to do is to take your measurements as these are invaluable when you hit a stall in weight loss. You will find that the lbs are not disappearing but the inches are.

Sorry if you have had similar replies but I typed this and forgot to press send and if I come out and check replies I will lose this message.

I'm a slow loser too..... There are people that got sleeved around the same time as me and have lost way more than I have.... Like others have posted, this is your time , your journey, and your body. Be proud of what you have accomplished , but most importantly be proud of your courage for taking the opportunity to make yourself healthier!!! Remember , slow and steady wins the race!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am in general a very positive person which is why I am having such a hard time understanding why this has got me down. I am going to have a better attitude and remember that I am only out 5 weeks and I am down 32 pounds since pre opt diet so I should be proud of that. I have a lot more time and will do great I know it.