Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the first time ever, I dont feel like I am on a diet!

I'm 5 weeks post op and back on regular foods. This just feels like my new normal... NOT a diet! I eat way, way, way less but I eat so slow, I'm able to savor every bite. I'm completely satisfied. I love this!!!

I'm just over 3 weeks out, but I can't wait to be back on normal foods! I'm hoping to achieve the same Portion Control and satisfaction!! So far, so good!

What a great post for me to read as I sip on my shakes at 5 days post op. thanks for the encouragement to us newbies!!

I am 5 weeks post op as well, and I have not ventured out to test the waters that much. I eat very small amounts of food, currently eating chicken breast strips, (precooked out of the deli section) that is a staple in my diet. I love eating real food, but I can barely eat 2 tbls. One other food I really enjoy eating is quinoa....love that stuff.

And it gets even better....I eat anything I want but with it comes great will power and restriction! Yes..I indulge in a few years here and there but with restraint now:)

Years= treats

I'm starting my 5th week and am eating real food :) Went out to eat before a concert. ordered cheese sticks, took off the breading and ate 1...way too chewy. I did eat 1 bite of my hubbies sandwich. It used to be eat the whole sandwich and a huge pile of fries. He made spareribs last night. Yes I ate 1 and 1 bite of coleslaw. Used to be I'd eat 6 or 7 ribs and half a pound of slaw. By the way...I do eat healthy too...but just saying that I can eat food...just way smaller portions which is wonderful. It doesn't fee like dieting...just getting fuller quicker. And another thing. I have a 4 oz bowl...if it don't fitit doesn't get eaten :)

Tomorrow is my surgery and it was great reading this post after being on the 2 week liquid diet, I cannot wait to get to that stage! At that stage I will be on our family vacation camping on the Flordia coast, I was hoping to be able to get some real food by then.... B)

Tomorrow is my surgery and it was great reading this post after being on the 2 week liquid diet' date=' I cannot wait to get to that stage! At that stage I will be on our family vacation camping on the Flordia coast, I was hoping to be able to get some real food by then.... B)[/quote']

Hope all went well with your surgery. Keep us posted.