Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should it Stay or Should it Go! (My Fat)

FP9107 -

What you described is exactly what I need to do. I hope it doesn't take me 6 months. I am pushing to get it done prior to the holidays in enough time to be healed for Christmas.

I started my first informational meeting in August of last year, but I could not get in before the end of the year, I tried because I had all ready met my deductable, but my surgery ended up being February 19 of this year. The holidays put my schedule behind.

I don't understand how y'all do all these appts and still stay employed .. It's ridiculous!

I scheduled both appointments for the same day, worked through lunch, stayed late. It was a lot to juggle but I managed to work it all out.

Had my 2nd NUT apt 8/5. I month down 2 to go. I have been in contact with my Aetna case worker to ensure I am doing everything I need to. My 90 days is the first week of Oct. I would love to have the WLS in Oct, but it Prob won't happen till Nov is what I'm thinking.

Yay!!! Awesome! Well hopefully if they keep the ball rolling, it won't take that long! Just make sure you stay on top of them! You will still be well enough by Christmas! I am almost 2 months out and sometimes wonder if I actually had the surgery because I don't feel like I did! Even at a month out! And when I say that, I mean as in doing things like I used to and all that good stuff, not about the weight coming off...that I definitely know is happening! :o)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

And that should have been :D not surprised smiley! Haha!

I have my Lab work done on Thursday and my final NUT apt on Friday. Sometime after that my paperwork will be sent into my insurance company. My 90days is up a week from today.

I go back & forth and always question if I want to do this.

Yay!!! I did the same, but do not regret it one bit!!! 3 months out and I am down 65 lbs. Since last June when I started the whole process, that makes 104 lbs! I feel so much better and have so much more energy. Even going to gym 3 times a week! Never thought I would ever be doing that!

Paperwork sent to insurance today. Dr office said everything looked great.

Yay!!! So excited for you!!!

Over the past few months I have built a relationship with the case worker from my insurance company. Yesterday I called and left a message that my paper work had been submitted.

This morning she called me and told me she had not got it yet, it can take a couple days to process, but that she would turn it around as soon as she gets it. She said I should hear something by Friday or Monday at the latest.

I know I am being selfish, but I was hoping for today :) but it didn't happen. I know it will happen soon though.

Yeah, the waiting game is ALWAYS the hardest!!! Hoping you hear VERY soon!!! :D

Aetna called me and I am approved.

Wahoooo!!!! Congrats!!! Now time to party before surgery! ;)

I'm so glad I found this thread.....I was feeling exactly the same as you. I'm doing my lab work on Monday then go see the doctor before starting the Kaiser classes. I have actually done fasting before so the liquid diet actually doesn't scare me as much...I see what you mean about be worried about not enjoying food...but it seems to me that you still get to enjoy everything after some time..just not as much of it. I went to my orientation and I swear they were just trying to scare the crap out of you by saying you can never have caffeine or alcohol or carbonation in your life ever again....my sister was sleeved and although she stays away from carbonation, she has coffee each morning and will partake in a drink from time to time...plus she's a cheap date now cause alcohol effects her way faster (I joke) but really, we are all different and it seems as though you just have to wait and see what will work for you....I was on the fence and even against the surgery when my sister had it done, but I'm really committed to making this change now!!

There are stories on here that freak me out. I am not 100% confident in my decision, but the best I can tell is that for most people the first few days are the worst. You can't drink because your stomach is to swollen... The scary part is, some people complain for a couple weeks and others for longer

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/93461-when-will-i-love-my-sleeve/

Most of the time people feel great after 6 weeks and I have not heard anything different than this after a year or two.

I like that the guy in this video says he drinks beer. I want to do this, but I also want to live a normal life. This guy seems pretty normal.