Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

INTRODUCTIONS-please introduce yourself here before going to another thread

I am a nurse from Sandusky. I was banded on 04/05/04 by Drs. Duckett and Oweis. I initially lost 101 pounds. I have since gained some back, mostly because I have not tackled the food demons like I thought I had. I am hoping to get a fresh start again.

Not knowing what else to say except hello to all fellow Ohio Bandsters!

Hey Congrats to you Johnny Ray and Mboulis. I know you both will reach your goals! I wish the best for you both. ;)

Thanks! By the way, love the blog! I have one on there for my weightloss and it's nowhere near as cool as yours is. :) I need to update mine (last entry was January 2006 :paranoid ).

My name is Julie. I live in Trenton. Dr. Curry is my doctor. I had my surgery in December of 05 and I have lost 83 pounds.

Does anyone know of any support groups in the Northern Cincinnati area?

I love Dr. Curry, but it is almost and hour to get to his office so the support groups are really too far for me to drive to on a regular basis although I do make the drive for fills and unfills. He is worth it, he is such a good doctor. I really wish all of my doctors were like him.

Thank you Kendra! It's nice to meet you also. I will call them and see if I can get in. West Chester is perfect for me. Have a nice weekend. It has been a nice one so far.

;)

Hiya Mboulis!! I hope your having a great weekend. Its such a pretty day out today! Awwwww Thank you about my blog. Im happy with the way it looks right now. I keep changing it but I told myself to stop it lol. Now I have to get back in the habit of blogging in it lol. So you have a weightloss blog to that's awesome. I love to read peoples blogs. I think it helps to know that your not the only one dealing with the same issues. If you ever post a link of your blog let me know. I will check it out ;) Lol yeah I would say it needs an update since the last one was January of 2006 lol. Your just a lil behind haha :) Well, have a great weekend!!

:banana: Here's my blog---needs an update really bad. :embarassed:

http://bandintheusa.blogspot.com/

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I am 31 years old and had my surgery this past October. Weight loss has been steady but slow. I have onloy lost 30 pounds but it is 30 that I wouldnt of lost without it!

Hi everyone!

I am Janelle and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I am 27, going to be 28 in August.

I weight 345 lbs and am 5'10"

I am married with no children.

I have two dogs, both boxers.

We in the adoption process for a baby.

I have not undergone LAP Band yet, but am going to see my doctor soon to start the process. Right now I am dealing with female problems first.

If you have any similarities to mine and would like to become support buddies please message me back.

Myspace: www.myspace.com/ohiorosejanelleres

Email: ohiorosejanelleres@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading!

My name is Terri and I would love to connect with someone who is going through the same experience I am. I am waiting for insurance verification before I get the date for the procedure. Is there anyone here going through the Clevleland Clinic where we can compare notes,

Ohiorosejanelle,

I'm also from Cincinnati. Who will be your surgeon? I'm going to Good Sam with Dr. George Kerlakian.

Right now I'm a nervous wreck!

Have you heard about the book "Fighting Weight" by Khalila Ali? It is about her experience losing 100 pounds with the lap-band. It just came out this week. My copy came in today so I do have something to distract me. I'm not used to dealing with anxiety without burying it under an avalanche of food......Trust me, there is no comfort food on the pre-op diet!

Hi all-

I am fron Dayton. I was banded May 11th by Dr. Bruce at Dayton Bariatrics. I'm single with two boys, 4 and 13. Everything is going pretty good, but I do need get into an exercise routine. I try and work in my yard as much as possible, but latetly I have been really tired in th evenings. No energy at all. I get my first fill on June 18th!

Hello. I am from New Jersey and post-op only ten days. Surgery performed at St. Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick by Dr. Nicholas Bertha. So far, so good, but I will be happy to move beyond the full liquid diet (he has requested I stay on it for a month).

After being overweight all my life, my motivation came from a trip to Disney World with my seven year old granddaughter. I could barely get around the park and I realized I was holding her back from truly enjoying and experiencing everything. There have been many other things/ events/people that have happened in my lifetime that should have motivated me to do something..........but it took my little redhead.

I am most pleased that my diabetes control is excellent, and I hope that someday I will be able to stop all the medication.

Two major emotions I am experiencing are mind-hunger and a sadness that I had to resort to surgery to move toward good health and improved self-esteem. But I am going to move forward and do what it takes.

To all of you - I believe you are courageous and an inspiration. I am happy to join this blog.

This is my first time to the Ohio page, so I guess I'll introduce myself.

I am 29 years old from the Cleveland area, and I'm waiting to be banded. I am a teacher who was hoping to have gotten banded over the summer but I can't get in to meet with the surgeon until August 8th. But oh well, I'll get there one day. Anyone else from the Cleveland area?

I'm going to banded at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Chand but I'm alittle nervous about the time it will get back to my normal routine and back to work.

I am a single mom to 2 great kids (ages 5 and 3) so I have to be albe to keep up with them. (they are my motivation for making this work.)

Oh well...Time to go. Hope to hear from some of you soon

Hi Terry,

I also am going thru the Clinic. I have an appointment with Dr. Chand August 8th (trying desparately to move it up) then I'm all set. How far have you gotten?

I had my lap-band surgery 1-23-07 at Good Sam in Dayton, Ohio. I had Drs. Allison Clarey and Dr. Bruce.

Have lost 48 lbs. Have had no problem until now. I started to get hungary and when I went to the Dr. they told me I already have 9cc's in a 10cc band. They are going to do an x-ray in order to fill it anymore. Has anyone had this happen?:help:

Hi all-

I am fron Dayton. I was banded May 11th by Dr. Bruce at Dayton Bariatrics. I'm single with two boys, 4 and 13. Everything is going pretty good, but I do need get into an exercise routine. I try and work in my yard as much as possible, but latetly I have been really tired in th evenings. No energy at all. I get my first fill on June 18th!

I had Dr. clarey and bruce. did you go to good sam? I heard they no longer go there. have any idea why?