Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am thinking of having the lap band done...but was wondering..has anyone been able to eat pizza or a hamburger after having the banding?:help: :hungry:

I would say some can't, some can. My personal beleif is that those foods are loaded with calories and should be avoided. A hamburger patty would be good. Eating hambergers and pizza made it necessay to be banded in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

FYI, I could eat anything before I got adequate restriction. I have to tell you that those are some foods you have to give up!:hungry: I am the biggest pizza freak who ever lived. I did have a small piece of the cheese topping off of my daughter's slice once....but thats it. You will be so much happier and healthier for not eating those foods any longer! Gotta keep looking to the bigger picture!

Turner24

banded 10/30/06

love 637. I havent been able to eat a handburger post lapband...but then again I have only tried once as a special treat...but couldn't eat more than two bites before it all started to try and come right back up again! With lapband you relationship with food changes you are no longer eating for the sake of it but you are learning to eat yourself slim. you may find once you get banded that hamburgers don't hold their appeal the same us they used to. Best wishes on your research.

:) Becky

Alas - I have not had the very best restriction - and I have always been able to eat pizza and burgers...

You will notice that my loss has been VERY slow - so that is the price you pay when you can (and DO) eat those kinds of foods.

If you want the best success - PRAY that you get so much restriction that you CAN'T eat such things.

:]

I don't care if i ever eat a burger again, but I would like to occasionally have a slice of pizza. I love California pizza kitchen, and pizza hut, and there are tons of italian places her in German and they have delicious thin crust pizza that I would love to have again.

hopefully it would be ok to have a slice every once in a while.

Sometimes I am able to get down 1 or 2 slices of pizza. I can't do burgers much. I think I can eat 1/2 of a small hamburger from McDonalds. I try to avoid these foods but sometimes it is nice.

I have a love hate relationship with pizza. I love it, but my band hates it. I do have a slice on occasion. As for burgers it is the same thing. Sometimes I can eat them, and sometimes not. DH and I eat at McDonalds if we are constipated, whatever they have in their food, gets us going! LOL!