Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the sleevers over 6 months +

Has anyone tried New Whey Protein? The one that comes in the tube? Do you dilute that or pour it over ice? How does it taste?

This stuff is gross... Super super gross. with that being said if you can get past the taste its a lot of Protein.

When I went to soft food I could not eat eggs I would instantly get sick, eggs in something fine, scrambled what ever nope. I tried multiple times up to my a month ago (9 month post op mark) and i started to to feel ill. I was not able to eat turkey and still cannot same with cured ham. leafy greens will still sometimes give me some issues. Everything else that I have tried I am able to eat in small amounts. (minus bread Pasta rice etc haven't even tried)

Hmmm...that's one for the whey and one not for it. Guess I'll just try it LOL

Ertlandia, that's a lot that you can't tolerate still! :( That's my worry. I'm hoping down the line my stomach will be able to tolerate more and I won't end up regretting getting it...

I'm not that far out but I think I can answer you just as well. In the first two weeks, I was miserable. I roamed these boards trying to see what people farther out were eating to gain some hope for myself.

At two months out, I am SO happy. I can eat pretty much anything. I've had issues with some things like soft bread (toasted is fine) or ground beef (homemade burgers HURT). I still have a snack every now and then, like chips or frozen yogurt. But I can easily moderate my portions now. I'm working out like a crazy person (loved it before surgery so love it more now!). I'm down 31lbs and have about 40lbs more to go.

It does get easier. And most people can tolerate all foods eventually.

Hmmm...that's one for the whey and one not for it. Guess I'll just try it LOL

Ertlandia' date=' that's a lot that you can't tolerate still! :( That's my worry. I'm hoping down the line my stomach will be able to tolerate more and I won't end up regretting getting it...[/quote']

eggs, Turkey, and cured ham. The issues that I have with some vegitables are because of gas. It does sound like alot but everything else that I have tried I do not have any trouble with them. I can eat other forms of pork products, ie bacon, sausage, chops just not cured ham. If given the chance to go back I would do it all over again.

Won't regret it. Trial and error for each.

I'm almost 11 months out now, and going with husband so he can have this surgery next week. No regrets its amazing,

For foods, honestly I can eat everything now (I do stay away from sodas personally). I will say though two things.

1. It's so much harder to recognize when your full you might blame the food instead of the eye, I had a bad habit of over ordering/portioning. A great thing that helped was the second I felt full getting rid of the plate and realizing the waste was better in trash than in me.

2. Sugar. I love sweets and loved them, more than a bite or two though can cause sickness depending on the item. Half a cupcake became my personal hell for an hour one day, hot flashes, dizzy, nausea, etc. That does still happen if I have too much, but if I have a bite I'm okay. I find myself not craving these things as much and when I do getting just the portion size that I need for satisfying that. And I do get satisfied by a bite or two now instead of 5/6 cupcakes whole.

Thank god I can eat everything now . It was torture !!