Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

may sleevers....a month out...how r u doing?

I was sleeved on 5/22. I have lost 14 pounds which was in the first 10 days. I have been at the same weight every since. I'm not freaking out about the stall just yet as I am losing inches and I'm ok with that.....for now.

I hate to hear that so many of us are experiencing stalls (including me) but I'm so happy in that I am not alone -- I was so afraid that I was messing something up and was alone in that!

I did not do a pre-op diet and I lost 28 pounds in the week after surgery. Since then I've only lost about 2-3 pounds (depends on the days I've weighed). I know that I'm losing inches though because I can fit in clothes that I could not when I got home from surgery but it's still frustrating to not see those numbers move on the scale.

I'm trying to stay positive by tracking my NSV's -- which I've had a few -- but it's so hard remaining upbeat when I go to weigh every couple of days and I end up yelling "Seriously!" in not a nice way at my scale.< /p>

Lexy and Lisa' date='

I'm 5'2" and started at 248 highest weight. I lost about ten pounds during a 3 weeks pre-op diet..then you heard the rest :'( I use lose it to keep track of my Protein and calories and fitness pal to help too. I am on my feet all day moving as I teach and also have a few herniated discs so sitting doesn't work for me.

As far as my thyroid and other health issues that's the one bright spot in all this. I'm off diabetes medication, 1 of my pressure pills and have a new step down dosage for my thyroid as of last Thursday.

I just don't get it..I'm really at a loss :'([/quote']

Talk with your dr. I can gaurantee I'm super frustrated with only losing 20 pounds and stalling constantly. So if I were you I'd really be frustrated. Maybe your doctor will have a suggestion. All I can say is maybe try a 3 day liquid diet again and see if that breaks it. Good luck

I was sleeved May 16 and I am down about 22lbs. I've been in a stall the last week and a half....

I have had zero issues. No nausea, no vomiting, no issues getting ANYTHING down. I've had diarrhea a couple times but not even that severe and that's it.

I feel like I should be losing more... I'm eating more than I should be I think... But I'm getting my Protein in, doing pretty well with getting my Water in, keeping sugar and carbs to a minimum and walking over 3 miles almost every day.

For me, surgery has definitely been more of an emotional challenge than a physical challenge. I have felt TOO good and normal... so it's even harder to change my old eating habits.

I also think I am obsessing too much over the scale and comparing my loss too much with other people's. Rationally I know that if I continue with my new healthier lifestyle the weight will come off, maybe just not as quickly as others have...

I hear you! I am doing the same thing. I am 7 weeks out and down. I have been in a stall for 4 weeks. Somewhere in the four weeks a couple of lbs dropped, but no more. Im getting my protien in and keeping calories under 700 a day. It is very frustrating, "did I do all this for nothing", "I hope I havent wasted $13,000 of my families money. A friend of mine had the sleeve done in Feb. She isnt nearly as strict about what she eats as I, does not work out 4 times a week like I do, and shes lost 77 lbs and started about the same weight as I did. I trying to relax a little cause freaking out isnt going to help.

Same here. I have a friend who met her goal since January. suxxxx!!! I can tell you that if you're not eating enough you will not lose weight. Your body will think your starving so it holds onto fat. Try upping calories (not by much) maybe try 1000-1200 if you can. That may get u rolling again

Same here. I have a friend who met her goal since January. suxxxx!!! I can tell you that if you're not eating enough you will not lose weight. Your body will think your starving so it holds onto fat. Try upping calories (not by much) maybe try 1000-1200 if you can. That may get u rolling again

Thanks for the advice. I started doing this 3 days ago so we will see how it goes. Im trying to get in 900 a day. I cant believe I am saying this but it's kind of hard to do that. Did this happen to you?

If you are not getting at least 50-60 G of Protein in per day' date=' you need to take Biotin. You will begin losing your hair.

My morning starts like this

2 scoops DotFit whey vanilla Protein powder (40 g protein) Optimum nutrition also makes a very good whey vanilla Protein Powder

1 cup almond milk (1 g protein)

1/2 cup egg whites (12 g protein)

1/4 cup greek yogurt (2 g protein)

ice & blend

(sometimes I add 1/2 a banana for the flavor. It tastes like a yummy milkshake!)

I start my morning with over 50 grams immediately. It takes a few hours to drink it, but I feel fueled for the day.[/quote']

That sounds like an amazing breakfast!! I was sleeved on May 28th. Lost 4lbs pre-op, and have lost 20lbs since surgery so a total of 24 lbs. I need to find ways to increase my Protein, I know this will help with the weight loss. I am currently ranging between 30-40 gm a day. I have been walking for a half hour a day, but energy is definitely low with the limited protein. Way to go all other May sleevers!!

Had my surgery May 22nd. Since surgery I have lost 29 pounds. Highest weight was 305.Lost 7 on the pre-op diet. Surgery day was 298. And today I weigh 269. A total of 36 pounds all together. I have had no complications at all. My only problem is with the Protein. Before surgery I could drink it, hate the taste, but I could drink it. After the surgery, it makes me sick to my stomach, so I stop drinking it because I don't want to throw up. I feel good other than being weak from the lack of protein.

Good Luck to All of You (Us)!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I started doing this 3 days ago so we will see how it goes. Im trying to get in 900 a day. I cant believe I am saying this but it's kind of hard to do that. Did this happen to you?

The friend that I have that had the surgery is smoking and drinking cokes I. Not sure what she eats though. Its hard to eat more calories but Peanut Butter is good since it has a lot of Protein and calories. You can eat a tablespoon a day. eggs and cheese are my major source of Protein. And I enjoy it. Lol

I'm almost seven weeks out and am having a hard time keeping my calories under 1,000! Don't worry the force feeding of calories will end soon enough lol :-) use it while you can! Peanut/almond butter, pureed canned chili, tuna regular mayo..

Surgery on May 7th. Down 55 lbs since beginning of 2-week liquid pre-op.

Here is my before: And here is my after: I'm down 24/25 pounds, and I'm 6 weeks out this wed.

post-17993-13813666805391_thumb.jpg

post-17993-13813666806564_thumb.jpg

The friend that I have that had the surgery is smoking and drinking cokes I. Not sure what she eats though. Its hard to eat more calories but Peanut Butter is good since it has a lot of Protein and calories. You can eat a tablespoon a day. eggs and cheese are my major source of Protein. And I enjoy it. Lol

Have you tried the premier ready made shakes? They are the ONLY ones I like! Not chalky at all!

I was sleeved May 16 and I am down about 22lbs. I've been in a stall the last week and a half....

I have had zero issues. No nausea' date=' no vomiting, no issues getting ANYTHING down. I've had diarrhea a couple times but not even that severe and that's it.

I feel like I should be losing more... I'm eating more than I should be I think... But I'm getting my Protein in, doing pretty well with getting my Water in, keeping sugar and carbs to a minimum and walking over 3 miles almost every day.

For me, surgery has definitely been more of an emotional challenge than a physical challenge. I have felt TOO good and normal... so it's even harder to change my old eating habits.

I also think I am obsessing too much over the scale and comparing my loss too much with other people's. Rationally I know that if I continue with my new healthier lifestyle the weight will come off, maybe just not as quickly as others have...[/quote']

I was sleeved may 28th. Down about 20lbs but also have had no issues. Soft foods started last week and now I can eat anything! Find that I can get a fair amount of food in before I feel full and also feel like I can eat too much. Have felt great since my op and maybe did a little too much too soon where food is concerned. Had a real hankering for cheese puffs today and had some, only a dozen but.... Finding it hard to give up my favourite foods.