Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

may sleevers....a month out...how r u doing?

Reading all these comments though about other people experiencing stalls is making me feel much better. Knowing that it's completely normal, and not that I'm a failure!

So glad to have this site as a support system! I would definitely be going insane without it!

My surgery was may 7th. Down 47 lbs since my highest. Only 11 more lbs to hit onederland. I've had my ups and downs. But I'm loving the way I look. This is not easy at all but I love that I have the control on food. Not food on me.

Sleeved on May 15. Down about 30 pounds. Just going by my clothes, as I refuse to buy a scale. I obsess over the number on the scale and tie my self-worth to it (am I speaking for anyone else out there?). Weighing only at the doctor's office.

May 9th here. Down 37 pounds - 27 since surgery. Very pleased so far. Hit onederland this past weekend!

Wow this is great. How did you transition after surgery? Any complications? What is your diet/activity like?

No complications....i just follow the doctor menu....but i sometimes find myself bored because all i did was eat so i have to find new things to do besides eat all day!

Sleeved on May 15. Down about 30 pounds. Just going by my clothes, as I refuse to buy a scale. I obsess over the number on the scale and tie my self-worth to it (am I speaking for anyone else out there?). Weighing only at the doctor's office.

ABSOLUTELY! I have started obsessively weighing myself every morning.... Even though RATIONALLY I know that isn't even accurate because weight fluctuates based on a variety of things... I have a new list of goals and one of them is to only weigh myself once a week. Because it's not emotionally helpful and only makes me feel guilty and like a failure the rest of the day if the scale goes up. Which leads to me making not as healthy food choices later too.

Sleeved on May 15th and down 21 pounds. Have been at that for about a week. I knew the stalls were coming, but doesn't mean I have to like it!

I keep strict to my food plan, which I am on puree food for a couple more weeks and have been walking about 5 - 6 days a week.

Im one month today and down 50 lbs!!!

Congrats! I'm 30 lbs down

I was sleeved May 13th and have lost 20lbs since surgery. I have lost 33lbs since preop and surgery combined.

May 21st - down 26 from weight the day of surgery. It's good to see and read where everyone's head and weight is right now being in similar time frames.

I was also thinking maybe i was doing something wrong. The diet changes a lot from post op day one until now and each phase is a bit of an adjustment trying to figure out if you are doing exactly what you need to for your success. It makes me have many doubts and questions on what is normal :-) Then there was head hunger this week for the first time? I think PMS kicking in? but WOW is it scary!! and almost as hard to fight off as it was before VSG...

Plus there is that fat girl inside me that dieted a 100 times or more, lost weight but put it back on and keeps telling me it will happen again with this. I feel determined it will not!! She is such a pain in my @ss.... ;-)

I was sleeved on May 8 and only down 26lbs. I'm nauseated everyday and yesterday was vomiting everything I attempted to eat or drink. Prior to the surgery I was borderline vegaterian only eating poultry and fish. Since the surgery I can't take either one and have not been getting in the recommended amount of protien. The thought of some foods make me gag. I've wasted so much money on Protein shakes and powders it ridiculous. eggs don't even agree with me.

I go in tomorrow for my 2nd post op visit and hoping they have some advise for me. From what I'm hearing the more Protein you get the more weight you will lose, is that true?

I was sleeved on May 8 and only down 26lbs. I'm nauseated everyday and yesterday was vomiting everything I attempted to eat or drink. Prior to the surgery I was borderline vegaterian only eating poultry and fish. Since the surgery I can't take either one and have not been getting in the recommended amount of protien. The thought of some foods make me gag. I've wasted so much money on Protein shakes and powders it ridiculous. eggs don't even agree with me.

I go in tomorrow for my 2nd post op visit and hoping they have some advise for me. From what I'm hearing the more Protein you get the more weight you will lose' date=' is that true?[/quote']

Most people dont get the recommended amount of protein until weeks maybe months out. I am currently only eating 6oz per day of protein so even if it is all chicken at 7g of protein per oz...that would only be 42g of protein...but I'm not having chicken all day every day

I'll be a month out on the 21st, and so far 22 pounds down from surgery, and 30 total with pre-op diet.

Reading all these comments though about other people experiencing stalls is making me feel much better. Knowing that it's completely normal, and not that I'm a failure!

So glad to have this site as a support system! I would definitely be going insane without it!

I lost 15 lbs in two weeks and hit a stall and only lost 2 lbs in two weeks over a 4 week timeframe.

Stalls are common according to many of my VSG friends. Just keep doing what you are doing and begin getting some good cardio in...walking, yoga, etc. You will begin to see it drop off (I have seen it first hand)

Most people dont get the recommended amount of Protein until weeks maybe months out. I am currently only eating 6oz per day of Protein so even if it is all chicken at 7g of protein per oz...that would only be 42g of protein...but I'm not having chicken all day every day

If you are not getting at least 50-60 G of protein in per day, you need to take Biotin. You will begin losing your hair.

My morning starts like this

2 scoops DotFit whey vanilla Protein powder (40 g protein) Optimum nutrition also makes a very good whey vanilla Protein Powder

1 cup almond milk (1 g protein)

1/2 cup egg whites (12 g protein)

1/4 cup greek yogurt (2 g protein)

ice & blend

(sometimes I add 1/2 a banana for the flavor. It tastes like a yummy milkshake!)

I start my morning with over 50 grams immediately. It takes a few hours to drink it, but I feel fueled for the day.