Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone losing self confidence with weight loss?

Am I the only one? Ive only lost 30lbs but that is 30lbs of my boobs and butt that I dont wanna lose. I love my curves. I had to have sex with the lights off now because I'm self conscious of of my smaller boobs and scars. I know I spoke about this before getting my surgery and everyone reassured me...but now I'm scared because its getting real.

I know I posted a similar one to this before surgery. So I can pose another question? Anyone losing their curves before their problem areas like their belly?

I am still pre op, so I can't say re: the surgery. But I do know when ever I lost weight in the past, it came from my boobs first. I assume the same will happen this time. Hopefully when we get closer to goal we will just have a better proportioned body all around.

My weight is perfectly proportioned all over my body. The plus side of this (see what I did there?) is that at 264 pounds, I could wear a comfortable size 20 at 5'3". The downside is that after 40 pounds lost, because I am losing it allllll over, I have "only" shrunk 2 sizes (and the 16Ws are snug, something I don't love the look of) and only one person who didn't know about this surgery has commented on my progress.

My belly is the last to go. I am glad to finally have it melting away but to wait 7 months was not fun. I lost a little of it as I went but now I can really tell from week to week. It will also be the only area that I will have extra skin issues which are makng me self conscious. Now instead of a fat roll I'm running into an extra skin roll which for whatever crazy reason makes me feel worse than the fat did. For me the mental part has been just as much a rollercoaster in regards to my self esteem. In the end I am way better off than I was and everything is still changing and shifting so I just need to suck it up and get a lot of use out of Spanx til I can have the skin removed

My weight is fairly proportionate too. I haven't lost any clothes sizes yet but I havent really tried other clothes. My bras are not fitting and my butt is looking flatter in my jeans :-( I started at 268lbs at 5'9" and wore 18 and now I'm at 238lbs and my 18 feels lose but because I'm only losing in my curves and not in my belly or legs then I dont think I'm losing clothes sizes.

My belly is the last to go. I am glad to finally have it melting away but to wait 7 months was not fun. I lost a little of it as I went but now I can really tell from week to week. It will also be the only area that I will have extra skin issues which are makng me self conscious. Now instead of a fat roll I'm running into an extra skin roll which for whatever crazy reason makes me feel worse than the fat did. For me the mental part has been just as much a rollercoaster in regards to my self esteem. In the end I am way better off than I was and everything is still changing and shifting so I just need to suck it up and get a lot of use out of Spanx til I can have the skin removed

Spanx helps but I want to like what I see when the spanx comes off. :-( I'm regretting this decision.

I'd love to look like a model when the clothes come off but that said' date=' being a healthy weight is much more important to me.[/quote']

Maybe I will feel this way soon but not feeling healthier yet...actually feeling less healthy. Can't stay on the eliptical for longer than 10 mins without feeling out of breath. Sex makes me out of breath. Everything does and before it didn't...guess I need to give it some more time.

I am right there with you. I used to be able to do a 2 hour martial arts class with a lot of sweating (and swearing). Now if I make it through 40 minutes at 75% effort, I am doing awesome. I know that will come back with time as I am only consuming about 350 calories and maybe 25 carbs a day.

Yesterday I thought I was the cat's PJs after an hour of swimming laps until I realized I used to swim 45-60 and only swam about 25. HA!

Energy will return. It has for everyone else and it will for me, too. I am only a month out and I know you are less, right?

I went down 2 cup sizes, making me a C which I don't think I ever was. I was 289lbs at 5ft3. I was a size 22/24 now I am a 14 and 184lbs. I wasn't happy about losing it in my bust but I am getting more hourglass like. My stomach is flabby as are my thighs but I am working to tone those. I don't regret this at all...wait till more comes off and when you go down a size or two. I literally jumped for joy in the dressing room when I fit into a medium. Confidence will comr

I am right there with you. I used to be able to do a 2 hour martial arts class with a lot of sweating (and swearing). Now if I make it through 40 minutes at 75% effort' date=' I am doing awesome. I know that will come back with time as I am only consuming about 350 calories and maybe 25 carbs a day.

Yesterday I thought I was the cat's PJs after an hour of swimming laps until I realized I used to swim 45-60 and only swam about 25. HA!

Energy will return. It has for everyone else and it will for me, too. I am only a month out and I know you are less, right?[/quote']

I will be a month on the 23rd.. glad I'm not the only one.

I have always heard first on, last off (and last on, first off) as related to how we lose weight. How we gain (and subsequently lose) seems to be genetic. It takes a lot more weight in higher sizes to go down a size, but in the lower sizes, it might only be a 5- or 10-lb difference. The PA at my surgeon's practice said about 8 weeks post-op until I would feel that I had my normal energy, and it was almost exactly 8 weeks.

You are a week behind me' date=' then. We will get there.

I swear, you have the patience of a 2 year old. :angry: Just like me. :huh:[/quote']

Yes no patience at all lol. I really wanted to go shopping at the Victoria's Secret semi annual sale but I guess I'll have to wait til January I believe