Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 6/12. Everything went okay and came home Friday morning. Since I been home I have been lucky to get one water bottle down a day. I'm taking all my meds, liquid loratab, protonix n a gerd medication... Today supposed to start Protein Shakes n children's chewable vitamins. Took Vitamin this morning n instantly had dry heaves... I am still in alot of pain! sleeping is even becoming a chore. I know I can't get even 1 Protein Shake down. :(. I'm scared. Last thing I want is back in hospital!! Only good thing I can keep down is a sf Popsicle... Do u all think this will get better in a few days, or should I be worried :(

It will get better.

I was told to concentrate on liquids the 1st couple of weeks so you don't get dehydrated.

I didn't hit my quota for liquids or no where near my quota for Protein but was told at my 2 week appt it's normal not to for protein.

Just do the best you can do.

SF popsicles and chicken broth were my go-to's at that time.

Hang in there!!!

Ive read lots of posts about ur situation n ur not alone, but the better news is, that everyone gets passed it, I've not read one single post where a postop is still on liquids or suffering from lack thereof. It's hard now but reading the postopers stories reassures me nd I hope now you, that all will be ok. I'm not sleeved yet, going threw the hoops first, but ik what to possibly expect thx to the people here! I just hope if n when its my turn, I don't forget their advice :/. Stay strong:). Drink drink drink....quoted from post-oper's everywhere:)) God bless ur recovery.

just keep trying to gt the fluids in.... in time as your stomach heals you will be able to get more in.. don't worry. just keep sipping.. as long as you don't dehydrate you will be fine. my doc told me i had enough fat for me to survive for a very long time so just keep drinking. Good Luck and you got this!

I was sleeved on 6/12. Everything went okay and came home Friday morning. Since I been home I have been lucky to get one Water bottle down a day. I'm taking all my meds' date=' liquid loratab, protonix n a gerd medication... Today supposed to start Protein shakes n children's chewable Vitamins. Took Vitamin this morning n instantly had dry heaves... I am still in alot of pain! sleeping is even becoming a chore. I know I can't get even 1 Protein shake down. :(. I'm scared. Last thing I want is back in hospital!! Only good thing I can keep down is a sf Popsicle... Do u all think this will get better in a few days, or should I be worried :([/quote']

I was sleeved on the 12th too and have been dealing with much of the same. Yesterday I went to costco to refill the Lori tab and realized how good I felt after having walked. It sounds simple but results are real! I think movimg truly helps! As for protien ive been worried sbout it too. My new tummy seems to find all shakes repulsive and yesterday I decided I had to do something so I put chicken in ky nutribullet with broth and blended it into a smoothie consistency and now im feeling better.... I hsd no problem digesting or keeping that down and it tasted better than anything else ive had! Hang in there girly... it WILL get better for us soon!!! Just keep walking!

just keep trying to gt the fluids in.... in time as your stomach heals you will be able to get more in.. don't worry. just keep sipping.. as long as you don't dehydrate you will be fine. my doc told me i had enough fat for me to survive for a very long time so just keep drinking. Good Luck and you got this!

Lol...oook, Doc:/ lol.

I am 10 days post op and it does get better! Alittle every day. Just hang in there ! It is very difficult I know,I broke down on day 5 and just cried but on day 10 feeling better . It's true that the swelling goes down aliittle every day as your stomach heals. Prayers :)

Thank you everyone. I am keeping up with the walk walk walk part lolll n trying to sip sip sip, it's just scary lolll I am happy though I just got through a whole Popsicle yayyy lolll!!!!

Best of luck to you; I too have been reading lots of posts and read of this issue with others. A few others have suggested warm liquids or adding a lemon to ease the Fluid going down. Keep going, from what I've read, it will get better!

I was sleeved on 6/12. Everything went okay and came home Friday morning. Since I been home I have been lucky to get one Water bottle down a day. I'm taking all my meds' date=' liquid loratab, protonix n a gerd medication... Today supposed to start Protein shakes n children's chewable Vitamins. Took Vitamin this morning n instantly had dry heaves... I am still in alot of pain! sleeping is even becoming a chore. I know I can't get even 1 Protein shake down. :(. I'm scared. Last thing I want is back in hospital!! Only good thing I can keep down is a sf Popsicle... Do u all think this will get better in a few days, or should I be worried :([/quote']

Forget the Vitamins. My Nut didn't start me on them for 3 months. I tried to start earlier but just putting them in my mouth made me vomit.

Just push as much fluids as you can. Remember we are works in progress! You will make it!

It does get better. I literally set my phone for 10 minutes. Every 10 I sip a shot glass of Water or Protein Drink. I do this for 10 hours a day. It seemed kind of tedious at first but I am feeling better. SF Popsicles , SF Jello and broth have been good options too. I am still more fatigued than I expected 1week out. I gonna take a walk outside today. My doc gave me Lorazapam for anxiety/pain management. I have taken a few times when I get frustrated/anxious. I haven't needed anything stronger for pain.Hope

you feel better soon!