Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hi,

I was banded on February 28th. Although the first couple of weeks was hard for me to get use to the liquid diet... I'm so glad I did it. I'm a couple pounds away from 20 lbs. and so excited to lose more.

I had my first fill today and am I glad! I was starting to eat like a horse but now I have some good restriction. I hope it lasts awhile. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Juice! I want juice!! I crave juice!!! I need juice!!!!

My dietician made a big deal about juice being a no-no. And I hear that loud & clear. But I so love a large, cold glass of orange juice before bed! I know. It’s sip-sip-sip with the Band, no more large glasses of anything. Okay. I got that, too. This isn’t about what-not-to or how-to drink with LapBand so much as it is a plea for a safe, tasty “juice” drink.

What I’m really hoping for is a delicious, non-aspartame, high-protein juice replacement. Any recommendations? (I’m cross-posting this in desperation!):help:

So far I’ve tried:

Syntrax Nectar

(Fuzzy Naval - Splenda)

Bari-15 Cold drinks

(Grape, Grapefruit, Wildberry Passion, Orange Pineapple - aspartame)

Bari-15 Cold Drinks

(Orange - aspartame-free)

Only the Bari-15 Wildberry Passion & Grape were worth drinking. (The Wildberry Passion is actually pretty good.) But they both have aspartame, and I’m one of those unlucky people with adverse reactions to aspartame. I use Isopure powders for my Protein Shakes, but they’re creamy not “juice like” even in the fruit flavors.<O:p</O:p

And so my Quest for an aspartame-free, high-protein juice replacement continues…

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

My dietician made a big deal about juice being a no-no. And I hear that loud & clear. But I so love a large, cold glass of orange juice before bed! I know. It’s sip-sip-sip with the Band, no more large glasses of anything. Okay. I got that, too. This isn’t about what-not-to or how-to drink with LapBand so much as it is a plea for a safe, tasty “juice” drink.

(snip)

High calorie liquids are of course a bad deal.. BUT why does it have to be a "large" glass. If you are drinking it because you really enjoy the taste, then can't you get the same sensory input with 4 oz of it taken a tiny sip at a time? If you view it like a treat, have a tiny bit, and just account for it in your overall daily intake, then why the heck not..

Of course, I know I wasn't so good at the whole moderation thing pre-banding, but it's really help me cut back so I'm not stressing over 4 oz of something I really like, as long as I am still losing.

Of course Your Milage May Vary.

Good luck..

Hi guys...

I don't think I've posted anything on here in a while. During the first week on liquids I lost 15 pounds, before that I'd lost 7. So I'm down a total of 22, however since I've been back on solid foods, I gained 5 pounds... I've been very discouraged, and upset. I had my first fill on March 14th. I've been excerising, however, I'm still not losing weight. I've scheduled another fill for Monday...I don't feel any restriction.

Does anyone feel this way??? Please help..

Hi everyone!! I just had a question to ask about challenges. I have noticed in the signature of some other Bandsters that they have (I think) monthly challenges. I may have missed it somewhere on this thread, but I was wondering if there is going to be any "challenges" for our group for April since March is almost over?

Just a thought. Just wondering if anyone is interested?

Stacy

What I’m really hoping for is a delicious, non-aspartame, high-protein juice replacement. Any recommendations? (I’m cross-posting this in desperation!):help:

So far I’ve tried:

Syntrax Nectar

(Fuzzy Naval - Splenda)

Bari-15 Cold drinks

Bari-15 Cold Drinks

Only the Bari-15 Wildberry Passion & Grape were worth drinking. (The Wildberry Passion is actually pretty good.) But they both have aspartame, and I’m one of those unlucky people with adverse reactions to aspartame. I use Isopure powders for my Protein Shakes, but they’re creamy not “juice like” even in the fruit flavors.<O:p</O:p

And so my Quest for an aspartame-free, high-protein juice replacement continues…

What about crystal light? I know it is not orange juice but it is helping me with my soda addiction.

So far I’ve tried:

Syntrax Nectar

(Fuzzy Naval - Splenda)

Bari-15 Cold drinks

Bari-15 Cold Drinks

Try the Bolthouse Farms line. for Protein Vanillia Chai protein is good. My fav for Vitamins and taste is the Blue Goodness made with berries

Hi everyone!! I just had a question to ask about challenges. I have noticed in the signature of some other Bandsters that they have (I think) monthly challenges. I may have missed it somewhere on this thread, but I was wondering if there is going to be any "challenges" for our group for April since March is almost over?

Stacy

Hey Stacy I am a Stacy with no E too! I am definitly interested in something. Right now I ma doing a tax day challenge but of course that ends on the 15th (or 17th as it is this year). What kind of challenge do you want to do? Lose a certain amount of weight or exercising? ANy other takers/ideas?

Stacy

Brilliant idea, Stacy! I'm game for a challenge. This'd be my 1st.

My kids & I caught a bug 2 weeks ago & I stopped treadmilling while we were all sick. (It's a word, really, like golfing!! :bolt: Or it ought to be!!) Everyone's finally better, but I'm out of my grove. I need to get off my tuchus & get back on the treadmill, so an exercise challenge for April might be motivational.

Or, as we're all newbies to the band, perhaps a Protein challenge? I don't know if anybody else is having trouble meeting that goal (75g for me), but I'm finding it hard to get in all that protein now that I'm on solids & not relying on shakes alone!

I'm up for any challenge at this point!

Hi, Everyone,

I was banded on 2/27/07, I'm on pureed food, ate low fat refried Beans with cheese and fat free sour cream, I think I ate too much or didn't wait long enough before eatting again. I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible back pain and just feeling horrible. I didn't eat anything then but liquids for almost two days. Has anyone else had that happen felt nauseated but didn't really throw up. Though I wanted to nothing would come up.

Melissa - I also would insist on another fill. I was banded on 02/20 with first fill of 1cc on 03/20 and am scheduled for a second fill (I don't know how much) on 04/06. If that doesn't change anything then I imagine he will have me back two weeks later for another.

jennilyn , i've had the pain you're talking about, if i take even one bite too much. it feels like a knife stabbing my from the front to the back in the middle of my chest. i did the bean & cheese w/ sour cream from taco bell and it was ok. i've just learned not to go overboard thinking i can handle "just one more " bite. it also feels like it wants to come back up , but doesn't. once the food passes thru the band , the pain leave , usually in about 5 minutes or so. i did have beef come up on sunday after two bites, but i'm guessing that my stomach just isn't ready for beef yet.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't broken my self completely:faint: I won't try that again for some time, I think the Beans I ate were to thick not enough Water. It has made me afraid though, and I'm not sure if a fill will fix that or not.

Jen