Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hi Guys,

I am so glad that I have found this thread. I am being banded tomorrow (24th - Saturday, my surgeon is lovely and fitted it around my work schedule) I am excited and nervous. Very very nervous.

Trying to decide what to have for my last meal ha ha

Anyone have any last minute tips or advice?

Lily x

Tracy;

I was released from the hosp 23 1/2 hrs after surgery, the only reason I had to stay overnight was the sleep apnea.My Dr.said he was more concerned about my sleep apnea than the surgery;of course that was said prior to the colon being punctured.

Tracy;

I was released from the hosp 23 1/2 hrs after surgery, the only reason I had to stay overnight was the sleep apnea.My Dr.said he was more concerned about my sleep apnea than the surgery;of course that was said prior to the colon being punctured.

UH>>>>> PRIOR TO THE COLON BEING PUNCTURED?!?!??!?!?!??!

:omg: My surgery is scheduled for 2/26. I have control issues am am quite nervous about going under. They said they'd give me something to relax prior to going in. I hope it works well.

Somone mentioned a sleep aid after the surgery? Did your primary prescribe it or did your surgeon? I think that'd be best for me the first couple days.

My doc said I'll have five incision marks with my port under my zyphoid (this location was at my request due to my duty belt).

How long is everyone planning on taking off work? I am taking 2/26-3/15 off and returning on the 16th due to my line of work (Police).

TJ

My surgery was on tuesday the 20th and I will be going back to work on MOnday the 26th. I am very comfortable today though and could have gone to work (desk job) if my kids weren't so sick.

I made it! I'll share my story: I arrived at the hospital at my ordered arrival time of 7:00 this morning, however I wasn't taken into surgery until around 9:30. The anesthesiologist gave me some Versed as I was being wheeled out of the holding area and that's the last thing I remember until I woke up around 11:00 in the recovery room. I had pretty severe nausea when I first woke up (which is normal for me after surgery) but before I threw up I was given some IV nausea medicine that resolved the nausea. I had no pain at all! As soon as I got to my room I immediately walked several laps around the nurses' station and up and down the hall several times. I can't believe that I don't have any pain and really not any gas at all- I do feel a tiny bit bloated but not much! I had about 1/3 of a grape popsicle and some Water from my lunch tray. I am waiting for my surgeon to come by to see if I get to go home this afternoon. He likes for his patients to stay in observation overnight but said that sometimes pts get to go home if they haven't had any problems and if they want to so I am thinking that hopefully I can talk him in to it! I'll post more later tonight, but wanted to go ahead and check it. Anyone who is still waiting for your surgery and is worried about it- don't worry- it's a breeze! Nothing to be afraid of!

Hi Tracyinks. I wanted to ask you a question. I remember a person that got banded and then was thinking about having it removed only a week or so after banding. We tried to incourage her to wait it out but I don't know if she did or not. It has been a while since that happened. I felt so sorry for her and at the same time shocked she would consider that after going through all this to get the band. I just can't remember who that was. Seemed like it was in the General forum, not sure. Do you remember?

Any Texarkana, TX Bandsters on here? There is a Texarkana Bandster thread in the Texas Forum. (Dr. Keilin and Heiker are the docs).

Well, I had my surgery on February 12 and I'm still not feeling too well. I still have pain in my upper abdomen and upper back. The physician's assistant says it's probably due to my hiatal hernia repair. I also had my gallbladder removed. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that I'm not feeling better by now, but I really thought I would. Does anyone else who had their surgery around 2/12 still have discomfort? Just wondering.

I'm also still on this awful liquid diet. Almost 4 weeks now! I can't wait to start mushies next week. That sounds pathetic.

Regards... Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I was banded on the 12th too and i am still having horrible back / shoulder pain. I hate it! I thought it would be gone by now but i can't sit in one place too long or lay down for too long without having to turn or move around.

I really think it's because i am sleeping on my back. I am so uncomfortable.. I'm a stomach sleeper and just NOW can start to sleep on my side w/ support from the pillows and such.

I'm also on the liquid diet still.. ugh! I won't be able to change to mushies until March 8th at the latest. (my post-op appt).

How are you doing on the liquids? What are you taking each day?

Hi Guys,

I am so glad that I have found this thread. I am being banded tomorrow (24th - Saturday, my surgeon is lovely and fitted it around my work schedule) I am excited and nervous. Very very nervous.

Trying to decide what to have for my last meal ha ha

Anyone have any last minute tips or advice?

Lily x

Hi Lily!

Try not to eat anything to heavy.. I had Soup and a tuna sandwitch the night before.

Good luck Tomorrow !!!

Hi All!!

I was banded on Feb. 14 and just now feeling better!!YEA...have been eating mushies since Saturday and wow...I'm hungry. Who knows what the best tasting Protein Shakes are???? I think I'm weak from not enough Protein. I've been eating 3 meals a day as per Dr.'s orders......scrambled eggs 4 oz. , tuna fish...6 oz. , and for dinner....grits or oatmeal or Soup.< /p>

What do you guys eat??? Just wondering????

weight.png

I was just banded on 2/19 and a friend of mine found a protien shake at GNC that is really good! It is called "50 Gram Slam" and contains 50 grams of protein and is very low in sugar! The chocolate is good but the creamy vanilla is delicous. It comes in 15oz. cans that I know of...that is what she brought me. I havent' been to the GNC store to see what flavors they offer but they can be bought in individual cans so you can try them without being out too much $$$. I am also drinking Slim Fast Low-Carb which has 20 grams of protein per shake. Not bad. Good luck finding something that works for you!

:omg: My surgery is scheduled for 2/26. I have control issues am am quite nervous about going under. They said they'd give me something to relax prior to going in. I hope it works well.

Somone mentioned a sleep aid after the surgery? Did your primary prescribe it or did your surgeon? I think that'd be best for me the first couple days.

My doc said I'll have five incision marks with my port under my zyphoid (this location was at my request due to my duty belt).

How long is everyone planning on taking off work? I am taking 2/26-3/15 off and returning on the 16th due to my line of work (Police).

TJ

It will work well ! You'll be nice and high when they wheel you in, lol. Though i was very calm to begin with - but i still was given the some anti-anxiety meds before i went in the OR which made things 1903939x's more relaxing.

I was worn out so i slept A LOT in the hospital. I didn't need sleep aid. The meds made me tired as well.. I just wish i could have slept through the night w/o the nurses coming in waking me up to take my vitals every 2 hrs ! (it seemed)

I have 7 incisions. I don't really know why i have so many.. 5 are TINY and 2 are alil bigger. But they're okay.. Just wicked itchy and pully right now - which is okay because it means they're healing.

I was banded on the Feb 12th and i am out of work until March 8th - Hopefully going back on the 9th.. And i have a desk job! I'm getting paid for this time off so i really don't mind !