Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

On another note...Does anyone feel like they burp constantly. I am 13 days out of surgery, and I haven't stopped burping. I don't PB ( at least not yet). This morning I started burping the minute I got up out of bed. It is just strange. I am still on soft foods, and I am supposed to move on to the next stage soon, but I am kind of worried about that with all the gas and air I seem to have in my stomach.

any ideas??

Congratulations Kelly!!!!!!!! Take care and do what the doc says, you will be fine. I am two weeks behind you. 2nd day of pre-op. ugh... I keep telling myself, I can do this...........

Take care.

Hey girl, I get banded on the 28th but leave for Columbia on the 27th. I'm 4 hours away. I'm self pay, and that was the cheapest for this area that

I could find. How's your liquid diet going? I'm not going to lie- I ate a slice of cheese last night when I made the kids dinner, and then felt bad after I did. I'm on day 6 and it's gotten alot better.

Hey there!

Im nine days post op. I havent weighed but i have a feeling that ive put back some on since i started adding the high level Protein Drink and...the Peanut Butter. Its a new weakness.

I dont know though. Im doing okay.

NurseCEO..im totally addicted to pepermint creme gas x chewables. Love em and they do seem to help the constant burping. Have you had the gurgling yet when you drink a protien drink? i havent had it in a day or two but it was kinda funny when it did happen. Feels like the plumbing has been rerouted. I dont have any big news to report. My followup isnt until the 27th (when i was originally scheduled for surgery ironicly).

Im hoping i can get a fill before i leave to go back home. I know it might be a lot to ask, but im finding i am holding more each day, and hungry afterwards quickly too. egads.

Just remember the rules and eat less or have less intake at each meal. Is there a diffent shake you can use? I've found this week on my pre op (6th day today) that it's just my mind telling me I'm hungry that my stomach really isn't. Good luck.

I hear alot of talk about gas. Does anyone take prevacid? My doc has had me on it 2x a day since lap band.

P.S. Last night was my first experience with food getting "stuck"!!! It wasn't nice. I'm on 'mushie" stage, thought I was smarter then the band and could just chew it into 'mushie' state. WRONG!!!! I was at least half an hour with a piece of 'illegal' steak (the size of a quarter) loged in my throat.:cry It was AWFUL!!!!!!!

The moral of this story is........................... don't eat until the doc tells you too!!! I certainly learned my lesson.:hungry:

Hey Y'all!

Okay, I'm down 9!! (banded on Feb 13, 2007) Whooo hooo!! So, I called the clinic today to check in, and they asked me if I was working out yet. I told them that I had been walking but he wanted to know if I was using weights yet. I said, "No, because the nurse told me not to lift anything over 20 lbs for a couple of weeks after surgery. I stated that it's only been 1 1/2 weeks. He then asked who told me that. I said, "Well, I was told that while I was still a little out of it." He said that I should start really using weights now.

Okay, I'm not ready. I feel like I could herniate my wounds if I did this too soon. Mercy!! I've read some journals where the patient was told not to work out until completely healed. What do y'all think. I think walking is enough right now and then, when I'm healed to add the rest. I mean, I don't feel any pain now..why complicate things. LOL!!

I was told no lifting of any kind over 10 pounds for a month.

I hear alot of talk about gas. Does anyone take prevacid? My doc has had me on it 2x a day since lap band.

P.S. Last night was my first experience with food getting "stuck"!!! It wasn't nice. I'm on 'mushie" stage, thought I was smarter then the band and could just chew it into 'mushie' state. WRONG!!!! I was at least half an hour with a piece of 'illegal' steak (the size of a quarter) loged in my throat.:cry It was AWFUL!!!!!!!

The moral of this story is........................... don't eat until the doc tells you too!!! I certainly learned my lesson.:hungry:

I am on mushies too and I have been eating some solid foods. Not unhealthy ones or anything but just something to chew. I have found that you need to take very very small bites and chew it up very very good. If you take a "normal" size bite you are much more likely to swallow too large of a piece.

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on 2/15 and the shoulder pain is about to kill me... I feel awesome other than that. Just a little tender on the port side and I am still not able to sleep on my side yet. I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance but last night I was sobbing it hurt so bad. I had a heating pad on it and I was taking the mega pain pills.

So, I am a week out. Did anyone have their gas shoulder pain last this long? I don't know if I can take this much more...:yield: :Cry:

Well I am a few days out. The gas pain is terrible in my shoulder. I am also getting the bubbles. I dont know how else to explain them but they are bubbles. They feel really weird. When I am up and about they move around. I have been walking around the house. I even did some light cleaning. I am trying to get plenty of liquids. If I don't I get a really bad headache!!! I hope everyone is doing good!!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on 2/15 and the shoulder pain is about to kill me... I feel awesome other than that. Just a little tender on the port side and I am still not able to sleep on my side yet. I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance but last night I was sobbing it hurt so bad. I had a heating pad on it and I was taking the mega pain pills.

So, I am a week out. Did anyone have their gas shoulder pain last this long? I don't know if I can take this much more...:yield: :Cry:

I also was banded on the 15th and I am suffering with serious gas pains...especially in my shoulder. I called the doctor today to see if it can last this long and they said it should ease up in the next week to ten days. It's just so uncomfortable. I guess we just have to hang in there. You're definatley not alone.

Hey Y'all!

Okay, I'm down 9!! (banded on Feb 13, 2007) Whooo hooo!! So, I called the clinic today to check in, and they asked me if I was working out yet. I told them that I had been walking but he wanted to know if I was using weights yet. I said, "No, because the nurse told me not to lift anything over 20 lbs for a couple of weeks after surgery. I stated that it's only been 1 1/2 weeks. He then asked who told me that. I said, "Well, I was told that while I was still a little out of it." He said that I should start really using weights now.

Okay, I'm not ready. I feel like I could herniate my wounds if I did this too soon. Mercy!! I've read some journals where the patient was told not to work out until completely healed. What do y'all think. I think walking is enough right now and then, when I'm healed to add the rest. I mean, I don't feel any pain now..why complicate things. LOL!!

How much are you walking??

I was told not to lift anything over 10lbs for a month.

:) What in the world??? I haven't had a thing to eat since Sunday and I'm 10 pounds heavier than I was when I weighed in at the hospital. Has this happened to anybody else? Is it just all the IV fluids and gas they gave me in the hospital? My day after surgery was really rough. There was no way I could go home. Everytime I sat up or tried to stand, I almost passed out and/or threw up. Apparantly, my sleep apnea is worse than I knew and my oxygen levels kept dropping -- even when I was awake. So, I had to stay in the hospital an extra day. I came home yesterday after being banded on Monday afternoon. I, too, have had the gas pains. It was so bad last night that you could actually see my stomach move as the gas rolled around. This clear liquid stage is getting old. At least I get to start on milk and Protein Shakes tomorrow. I'm feeling better everyday, but I hope I can figure out soon what I'm feeling - whether it is gas, hunger, restriction, whatever.