Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6th monthly PCP appointment.....Done

Woohoo! I started this journey back in November, when I asked my PCP about weight loss surgery at my yearly physical. She referred me to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Bariatrics team in Manchester, NH

At the very beginning I bought the book Weight-loss Surgery for Dummies. My husband caught me reading it and said, "Hell NO!" He has since slowly been coming around after I told him point blank that as his wife, he is supposed to support my decisions and not force me to follow his. He is afraid that the surgery is an unnecessary risk. I of course look at it as a life-saving procedure.

Since then I have attended 5 monthly info meetings with the bariatric team, had my psych evaluation, my EKG and have lost 18 pounds.

I just had my 6TH PCP MONTHLY APPOINTMENT! I now have my medical clearance! Woohoo!

So, today I'll be attending my 6th monthly meeting with the bariatrics team. I am waiting for my case to come out of clinical review. I am also waiting for my insurance approval. I should be receiving a call any day now with the pre-op appointments with the nutritionist, surgeon, anesthesiologist, etc.

I am getting excited. So close, but yet so far.

I am hoping to be sleeved towards the end of July or beginning of August.

Now I am packing up my Harley. I'll be heading up to Bike Week in Laconia as soon as I get out of my monthly meeting at 4pm.

Good Morning.... I'm having revision surgery from Lapband to Sleeve at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. Originally, I was going to have my surgery in Manchester but do to the band removal I was referred to Lebanon. My surgery is set for July 26th and I have started my pre-op diet.

Enjoy bike week! I hope the rain holds back! Tomorrow looks like it's going to be nice.

Hello,

I finished my 6th monthly appointment on Tuesday, the case nurse faxed off all my paperwork to insurance that day, like you, I am waiting on the approval phone call!!!!!! #waiting #sigh

I finished up my monthly appts on the 4th and was submitted to insurance this week, Waiting is the hardest thing to do!!! Hopefully, we all get the call soon. Good luck everyone!