Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications ?

Okay so Iv been on the complications forum but I find that to be predominantly Virgin sleevers, I'm wanting to hear about complications following band to sleeve especially since I will be praying I am able to do both in one surgery as I'm self pay. I just really need to know if the positives outweigh the risks ... Thanks !!

I had lapband to sleeve revision and sorry to rain on your parade, but I am complication free.

I have had NO problems and only wish I had done this last year. getting sleeved was one of the best things I could have ever done. EVER.

I had revision 4/22. I'm happy the band is gone as it was causing a lot of discomfort. So I feel better in that area. However , I did get a hematoma during surgery.:(

I'm getting better each day but it was very painful for a while and was told it causing me to hold Fluid so I'm not losing like most. But I'm thankful it's done and my diabetes meds are cut in half.

Hi! I was revised on 5/28 and had struggled with severe pain for about 12 days post op. I'm pretty much pain free now unless I do something like bend over or lay on my side.

I don't know what happened in surgery as I wasn't told of any complications in the OR but my surgery took three hours longer than expected and I was released into critical care ICU recovery where I awoke to an intubation tube being yanked from inside of me. YUCK.

My POST OP complication is an incision that did not heal properly in my bellybutton so I have been on antibiotics for a week and since that wasn't working, had to have my incision drained and then packed. This has to be changed daily. It's NOT FUN and I am only now coming to terms with it that it will be a while for it to heal.

On the positive side, I have lost 41lbs in 16 days. Unreal to me, but has been verified on two different doctors scales (I thought my surgeons scale was broken!).

I am still wondering if I made the right choice and am not sure if I will know for certain until I am completely healed.

I wish you no complications!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had my revision from band to sleeve on 5/28 as well. I have had absolutely no complications. I had my surgery in Dallas, Tx, with Dr. David Kim. I have lost a total of 19 lbs. After reading on here everyone's experience, I was so scared that I was going to have issues getting fluids down. From day 2 post op, i have been drinking fluids no problem, I have went forward on my diet without dr's orders, but I am on phase 2 of post op diet, which should just be creamed Soups, well I have started refried Beans and fat free cottage cheese, which has settle just fine. My only compliant right now is, I get tired so much faster than I use to. Understandable, due to not getting the calories and carbs that I usually did. I will be release to exercise in about 2 weeks. I love my sleeve, and I love that I have vomitted in almost 3 weeks. Good luck...

I have not vomitted.. LOL

I had revision 4/22. I'm happy the band is gone as it was causing a lot of discomfort. So I feel better in that area. However , I did get a hematoma during surgery. :(

I'm getting better each day but it was very painful for a while and was told it causing me to hold Fluid so I'm not losing like most. But I'm thankful it's done and my diabetes meds are cut in half.

Was yours a all in one surgery?

Hi! I was revised on 5/28 and had struggled with severe pain for about 12 days post op. I'm pretty much pain free now unless I do something like bend over or lay on my side.

I don't know what happened in surgery as I wasn't told of any complications in the OR but my surgery took three hours longer than expected and I was released into critical care ICU recovery where I awoke to an intubation tube being yanked from inside of me. YUCK.

My POST OP complication is an incision that did not heal properly in my bellybutton so I have been on antibiotics for a week and since that wasn't working, had to have my incision drained and then packed. This has to be changed daily. It's NOT FUN and I am only now coming to terms with it that it will be a while for it to heal.

On the positive side, I have lost 41lbs in 16 days. Unreal to me, but has been verified on two different doctors scales (I thought my surgeons scale was broken!).

I am still wondering if I made the right choice and am not sure if I will know for certain until I am completely healed.

I wish you no complications!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was wondering if yours was an all in one? Did you have a drain?

I'm on another board also and and just because I love knowing I have done informal data collection. So far I have found those that do have complications are all in one. That said, most that have all in one surgery DON'T have complications. If you don't mind sharing.

All in one. No complications. Back to work day four.

Yes lap band out and sleeved.. Still feeling discomfort from hematoma and losing slow. :(

But trying to hang in there.

I had my revision from band to sleeve on 5/28 as well. I have had absolutely no complications. I had my surgery in Dallas, Tx, with Dr. David Kim. I have lost a total of 19 lbs. After reading on here everyone's experience, I was so scared that I was going to have issues getting fluids down. From day 2 post op, i have been drinking fluids no problem, I have went forward on my diet without dr's orders, but I am on phase 2 of post op diet, which should just be creamed Soups, well I have started refried Beans and fat free cottage cheese, which has settle just fine. My only compliant right now is, I get tired so much faster than I use to. Understandable, due to not getting the calories and carbs that I usually did. I will be release to exercise in about 2 weeks. I love my sleeve, and I love that I have vomitted in almost 3 weeks. Good luck...

I have also struggled with being exhaustion Staci. I am now in Week 5 post op and am finally starting to snap out of it. I actually went to the gym today :P

Hope you get to feeling better soon tmde63!

Thanks fixerupper

I will be week 4 on Tuesday. That is awesome, my doctors haven't released me to exercise until 19 July, I don't know why. But better follow doctors orders.. I take B-12 but seems to wear off by mid day. I am drinking a muscle milk in the morning which has 25g of Protein and only 220 carbs. So example yesterday, I had my muscle milk in the morning and mid morning had 2 hard boiled eggs, which took me about an hour to eat, and than about 1 I had some cottage cheese. By 3:30 I was pooped, didn't have energy for nothing, so when I got home, I ate some refried Beans with a little cheese on top, which was delicious by the way.. I didn't loose anything from yesterday to today, which I have average around 1 lb a day since surgery. But the wonderful thing is, I actually feel full, eating is a whole new trend to me. I usually eat so fast that I get way to full, but I am taking it slow. My biggest stronghold is drinking while I eat, I still do it but try to minimize it.

FYI: a revision is having your band removed and sleeve surgery done at the same time. I had my revision September 10, 2012 and it has been the absolute best thing that I could have done no complications whatsoever. It is so nice now to be able to eat yogurt, beef, pork, fruits, things I couldn't with the band. Stop worrying and think about the success you will have and be complication free with your surgery. Good Luck!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon tmde63!

Thanks fixerupper

Thank you !

FYI: a revision is having your band removed and sleeve surgery done at the same time. I had my revision September 10' date=' 2012 and it has been the absolute best thing that I could have done no complications whatsoever. It is so nice now to be able to eat yogurt, beef, pork, fruits, things I couldn't with the band. Stop worrying and think about the success you will have and be complication free with your surgery. Good Luck!![/quote']

I did have revision. Someone asked if surgery was at same time.

Anyways, I read frequently everyday to see if someone is in the same boat I am. While taking in the positive posts for encouragement. My daughter found this forum for me for this purpose. :)