Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who has actually reached goal?

And in how long? What was your starting/goal weight? My surgeon keeps saying that 60% loss is considered a success. But I'd like to lose 100% excess!

I've reached over 60% (60lbs of 95 I want to lose) at <5months from surgery. I'm still losing 1-2lbs a week. I am determined to make it to 100% through exercise and changing what I eat. I think the 60% number is what is relatively easy to lose and the rest you really have to work to get it.

There's scads of folks here and on other bariatric boards who have reached and surpassed goal. I am at 80% right now - and while my Doc says that I am a super success statistically - I am going for my own goal which is 100% EWL - perhaps even more once that milestone is achieved, I will reassess at that time. Not everyone will lose all of their weight within the 'magic' year - or even the magic 24 months post surgery. Remember that the surgery is a tool - just keep doing what you are supposed to and you will get there.

I've lost 70 % of my access weight. started at 288 and im 196 now. I'm almost 6 months post op. thats 92 pounds. My goal weight is 150.

I'm at 80%. I started at 338 lbs and I'm currently at 189. My goal is 159 which is a normal BMI. I was sleeved 10/10/12 and started my pre-op diet July 2012

I'm about 3 lbs from my personal goal. I have surpassed my surgeon's goal. Now I'm working on dropping the last 3 lbs and maintaining that......I love my sleeve...:P

I have. I worked very hard on the NUT program pre-op and lost about 25 pounds. Now I am at goal and learning this process. It is new to me and at times I laugh when I am folding my clothes to think that fits me!! My shoulders are wider than my hips!! That is shocking. I am not perfect or a super workout freak. I ride an exercise bike, lift some weights (5-10 lb), and do stretches. But I read the information the clinic gave me (several times) and do what they said. I have slipped up but I get right back on the plan.

I was sleeved on March 8, 2013, just over 3 months ago. I am at 74% right now. I wasn't a high BMI'er to begin with, my BMI was 36. I started at 274, and am now 212. My doctor's goal is 190. That still puts me 1 lb. above the normal range on the BMI chart. I'd like to lose maybe 5-10 lbs more than that. I've been 190 before, like 15-20 years ago, and was very happy being that weight. All of my health problems were weight related. I've gotten off the BP medication within 3 months. I won't know for another couple of months whether I can stop using my CPAP machine for sleep, because insurance won't cover another sleep study until then.

I have lost 75% of my excess weight. I am still losing an average of 3 lbs per week. At that rate, I should reach 100% by mid July. I had my surgery on 2/28/13.

Who has actually reached goal?

I have i have - 100%!!!!

jumping up and down doing raising my hand

while doing the happy dance, rubbing my little tummy, and chewing SF gum at the same time :)

the sky is the limit to what % you want to lose

sure losing 60 + % is a success

sometimes i think docs use that low % so they can show their (docs) % rate of patients being successful

i "mark" my goal date at one year PO

i was fluctuating a couple of lbs - but i was at goal

now 6 months since goal - i am maintaining

i might slip here or there - (most/all of do sometimes) but i am doing well - enjoying GOAL

weight fluctuates about 2 lbs on occassion

maintenance can be harder than losing the weight

but i think we all know that

we had that prob with our yo yoing before :angry: gaining the weight back

i continue to say and believe - that for me - with the aide of the sleeve - i will keep my weight at goal, fluctuating here and there at times

i/we have gone through "too much" - major surgery to help us lose weight - i can not go backwards now :angry:

in the past i, as all others, have gone through too many "personal" issues being overweight - self-esteem, confidence et al

and more importantly all the health problems associated with our weight :angry:

now i'm so happy i feel like i could burst sometimes, really

and.........this 59 year old grammy - is cute as a button :lol: :lol:

go to my profile, check out my before and after pictures :wub:

i'm enjoying the healthier, happier, longer life that we all want

i am proudly showing off my stats

DOS

12/15/11

235 lbs

5'3

present

130 lbs

GOAL

still 5'3 :lol:

you can do anything you set your mind to

follow all the rules

i know you and everyone else will be a great success story

good luck

kathy

I am at 80% loss of excess body weight which is just awesome. My surgery was the end of May 2012 and my starting weight was 135.5 kilos which is just under 300 pounds. I am now at 86 kilos which was my surgeon's goal for me. I never really had a goal, but now aim for just over the top of the BMI normal range for my height which means I have 10 kilos to go. Which is about 25 pounds. I have skin issues on my tummy that I know will not go without surgery so I consider it realistic to not aim for a weight lower than possible or healthy

Even if it takes me another year, I am good with that.

I recently did one of those electronic body analysis things with a trainer at the gym. The fantastic news there was my visceral fat levels were well within normal range as was my muscle. Further to that test I discovered my waist to height ration to be smack bang in the middle of the normal range. It was a happy day!

That said, every day has been a happy day for me since the end of May 2012 :-)

I keep saying my goal is 10 lbs less than my younger sister!!

My goal was always 150 but then I started reading the 60-70% stats and decided I better lower it to have more motivation, so I dropped my goal to 135. Haven't asked my surgeon what her goal for me is.

Thanks everyone! I love reading your responses! Im starting at 290 at 5'3" and I'd loveeeeee to get down to 130. My nutritionist said its never going to happen. He's a jerk though, and very against surgery.

I'm just nervous that no matter how strict I am I won't lose it, but you all give me hope!!