Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you like the depo? I'm on nuvaring and looking for something more permanent but I'm scared of IUDs. Doesn't depo cause weight gain?

I love it! I have only been on it for a little bit. It's one shot every three months. It's quick and I don't have to think about it everyday. I haven't spotted or anything. I've heard a lot of people said they've gained weight on it, but I think you have to give into those cravings they cause you to have (which I haven't had any) any birth control can cause weight gain, because it tricks your body into thinking it pregnant. I use to take seasonique which I loved but the first year bc pills are only 30% effective because of absorption.

Just like diets with surgeons..obgyns differ so much in their opinions too..mine tells me mirena is perfect for people before kids lol.

Working for a pharmaceutical company convinces me that a large majority of Dr's prescribe whatever products they get the biggest perk from. And trust me they get very rewarding perks for every prescription they write. (I work for ALLERGAN.... The makers of lap band... Notice I didn't get it)

I love it! I have only been on it for a little bit. It's one shot every three months. It's quick and I don't have to think about it everyday. I haven't spotted or anything. I've heard a lot of people said they've gained weight on it' date=' but I think you have to give into those cravings they cause you to have (which I haven't had any) any birth control can cause weight gain, because it tricks your body into thinking it pregnant. I use to take seasonique which I loved but the first year bc pills are only 30% effective because of absorption.[/quote']

I had no cravings...I gained weight because of the hormones...I was at the same calories 1200-1400 and working with a nutritionist for the past 4 years and gained weight on depo

I had no cravings...I gained weight because of the hormones...I was at the same calories 1200-1400 and working with a nutritionist for the past 4 years and gained weight on depo

Oh I believe you, but most people on birth control feel like their pregnant so they crave and go crazy. I gained like 60 lbs on my b.c. pills. I craved though I felt super hungry from being emotional (emotional eater) but your right a lot of people just gain from hormones. I should of added that into my comment :)

I'm worried it would get worse...we already have a great sex life...what about when there's no cushion lol

Without all the extra cushioning, you can get a hell of a lot closer, in a hell of a lot of ways!!! :lol:

Without all the extra cushioning' date=' you can get a hell of a lot closer, in a hell of a lot of ways!!! :lol:[/quote']

I dont wanna be closer. A lot of positions are already too deep ...and I'm pretty flexible already.

Laceeb,

I had 2 babies. First was vaginal and second was c section. And from my experience, there is no comparison between the bond and intimacy u feel with ur baby when you squeeze them out and have them on ur chest seconds later... I would rather squeeze out 10 watermelons than be cut open under anestesia with one... I love both of my kids equally but I can't deny that the memory if my vaginal delivery is one that I cherish and the c section,, well I dont remember much....

Just like diets with surgeons..obgyns differ so much in their opinions too..mine tells me mirena is perfect for people before kids lol.

Im sorry but you should tell your doctor to read the info pack that comes with mirena...it isnt recommended for woman who havent had at keast 1 child because it can come out..or it puncture your uterus. .this happenes because once you have a child everything opens a lil

http://m.mirena-us.com/index.php

Im sorry but you should tell your doctor to read the info pack that comes with mirena...it isnt recommended for woman who havent had at keast 1 child because it can come out..or it puncture your uterus. .this happenes because once you have a child everything opens a lil

http://m.mirena-us.com/index.php

I'm fine...I'm pretty sure my drs know how to read. I'm not the only one with mirena who hasnt had a child. I go to world class drs who know what they are doing. I dont stress what could happen.

It says it is recommended that you have had at least one kid but it doesnt say you have to.

I know thats why I said its recommended alot of woman who have problems with mirena is because they havent had a child..a friend of mine who just listens to what ever her doc says he prescribed some med n didnt tell her that it could cause birth defects n she didnt research it before thating it n her son was born with a nuro tub defect..it was very sad..all I was trying to say doctors arent prefect they are human n its our body n we need to research stuff instead of just jumping on it..

I don't understand how it would get smaller down there from losing weight.. hmm I'm still 1 week post op and have been trying to keep away from my husband. Lol I will have to try it out and find out myself.

Laceeb' date='

I had 2 babies. First was vaginal and second was c section. And from my experience, there is no comparison between the bond and intimacy u feel with ur baby when you squeeze them out and have them on ur chest seconds later... I would rather squeeze out 10 watermelons than be cut open under anestesia with one... I love both of my kids equally but I can't deny that the memory if my vaginal delivery is one that I cherish and the c section,, well I dont remember much....[/quote']

This makes me a little sad, both of my sons were csections, and both were emergencies. First one was because he had a reaction to the Demerol and his heart stopped, second was because I couldn't dilate past 6 and he was in distress. I did skin to skin right after both my sons were born and had an amazing bond! Please don't make it seem that you had more of an experience or bonded closer.

OP: whatever you do, get bc now. Because prayer as birth control doesn't work, and you don't wanna be 6 weeks post-op and pregnant. It's scary here. Lol

I'm fine...I'm pretty sure my drs know how to read. I'm not the only one with mirena who hasnt had a child. I go to world class drs who know what they are doing. I dont stress what could happen.

Oh boy. If you worked in the medical field you so would not say this!