Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

I'm on my seventh week now, first fast day of the week. For whatever reason, my coffee hit me like a brick this morning and I've been all shaky and nervous. Weird how sometimes coffee makes me all wound up, but most of the time I don't notice any difference apart from 'waking up' from it.

I think I'm officially the only 5:2'er not to have lost any weight from this? LOL, quite a distinction for me! I think it's got to be because of all the social occasions and wine-drinking, so I should count myself lucky to be maintaining... :P I'm going to have to start my own austerity program after my holidays in September...

A little technical problem here on the main site it says I am a member of the group but when I try to access using ipad it says I can't . Help!

On the 5:2 plan unfortunately the past 2 weeks have been pants and I have put back on the 4lb I lost. We had a family medical crisis (mother in law) which resulted in 2 hospital admissions, daily visits and relatives staying. All is well now so I have to get back on track this week. I am really heartened by the results people are getting.

I now have ipad access.

I now have ipad access.

Yes, I have iPad access also. However, I am unable to access on my android phone and get the permission denied error.

I now have ipad access.

Yes' date=' I have iPad access also. However, I am unable to access on my android phone and get the permission denied error.[/quote']

This might answer these questions :)

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/87295-technical-questions/#entry906974

Well, it was a great weekend and I walked, walked, walked. (all there was) and boy, it's a good thing! Up 3 lbs this morning!!! Ugh! But I guess with three catered meals a day plus yummy home made Desserts thrown in I should be happy. I didn't truly overeat. Couldn't. Restriction is seriously strong now but all high calorie content. Fast day tomorrow and low calorie today!!! :) ill post a pic of me and the girls later on get to goal.

Okie dokie - not supported on my android. I am glad iPad access to social groups is now working. I rarely use VST from my laptop, maybe 3 x because I could not do what I needed to do on the iPad. I also do not like using the web app on my iPad because the experience is just not as good. Not a fault of the app designer because there are different user experiences between web app and mobile app.

I don't know about any version other than what is on my lap top. I rarely use my tablet.

If you're having any kind of technical questions, the go to person for that is Ken. It should say administrator under his name, from the drop down. He is Alex's right hand man for these types of issues

I am really excited that I am 2 lbs lower than I have been in a year. I didn't gain back what I lost fasting and today is a fast day. I am sure I will stall and then I will be bummed, but I have high hopes that this is just what I needed to get the regain off. Dieting on my own plan sure was not working!

OK... I've just checked back and I started the 5 : 2 around the 10 June so just about 5 weeks and I have lost 4lbs... there has been a lot of bouncing around and I can't seem to get under 164lb - hence my question about the set point.

Now, back in March after my TT I saw 159 - albeit for just a day or so, but it was there... my big question is, why am I stuck at 164 again? Is it just the same old story, whereby I just gotta keep on keeping on?

I'm not going to stop the 5:2 plan cos I really do like the way it makes me feel. Today was a fast day and I went to Curves, did my best work out to date and didn't feel shaky or any negative effects and all I had eaten was 2 chicken legs and a salad! Such a good feeling...

So, how do I break the 164lb weight without cutting off my left leg...lol!

Thanks to Laura, for getting me in the group! Cheers me dears! x

Thanks to Laura' date=' for getting me in the group! Cheers me dears! x[/quote']

Glad to see you here coops!

I think a lot of us started around June 10th or 11th.. I'm fasting tomorrow but today I'm down a pound :)

It was a draw last week now loss no gain so happy to see some movement!

I don't know about any version other than what is on my lap top. I rarely use my tablet.

If you're having any kind of technical questions, the go to person for that is Ken. It should say administrator under his name, from the drop down. He is Alex's right hand man for these types of issues

I am really excited that I am 2 lbs lower than I have been in a year. I didn't gain back what I lost fasting and today is a fast day. I am sure I will stall and then I will be bummed, but I have high hopes that this is just what I needed to get the regain off. Dieting on my own plan sure was not working!

That is exciting!! It always feels great to see the numbers go down!

OK... I've just checked back and I started the 5 : 2 around the 10 June so just about 5 weeks and I have lost 4lbs... there has been a lot of bouncing around and I can't seem to get under 164lb - hence my question about the set point.

Now, back in March after my TT I saw 159 - albeit for just a day or so, but it was there... my big question is, why am I stuck at 164 again? Is it just the same old story, whereby I just gotta keep on keeping on?

I'm not going to stop the 5:2 plan cos I really do like the way it makes me feel. Today was a fast day and I went to Curves, did my best work out to date and didn't feel shaky or any negative effects and all I had eaten was 2 chicken legs and a salad! Such a good feeling...

So, how do I break the 164lb weight without cutting off my left leg...lol!

They say the average weight loss for women with 5:2 is just around a 1lb week, so you would be doing awesome and you look fabulous! If it is working, it probably will keep working. I can't remember when I started, I will have to look back in the thread. Around the same down, and my weight was down to 6.2lbs lost, but it was back up a little this morning, more like 4.6lbs lost. I weight daily and have a lot a bouncing around from day to day, so will see what tomorrow holds. But I would say you are right on track and I am rooting for you!!

Coops I think if you keep at it, you'll break your stall. If you're not eating more than you should on your non fast days, there's no reason you shouldn't. Do you know your TDEE?

I am having mine checked at the doctor's on thursday by a machine and I am really looking forward to that. Then I'll know how many calories to eat on my non fast days.

Can someone clarify the feast days? It says eat whatever you want. They mean within your TDEE, right?

Coops I think if you keep at it, you'll break your stall. If you're not eating more than you should on your non fast days, there's no reason you shouldn't. Do you know your TDEE?

I am having mine checked at the doctor's on thursday by a machine and I am really looking forward to that. Then I'll know how many calories to eat on my non fast days.

Can someone clarify the feast days? It says eat whatever you want. They mean within your TDEE, right?

They base it on a 2000 calories a day diet for a woman, which seems like a lot to me. I know it is possible to eat that much depending on what you are eating. They don't really specify a calorie amount though...I think Laura posted somewhere about it. They say if you are losing, keep doing what you are doing. If not, you might want to evaluate what you are eating on feast days. I am just trying to eat like I was before when I was maintaining, so far so good.