Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

Great, we are now likened to crack addicts...

For the record, my box o' pure bars are in hibernation. :)

Great, we are now likened to crack addicts...

For the record, my box o' pure bars are in hibernation. :)

I have tried hiding them high up in the cupboard thinking that if they were out of site and hard to reach I wouldn't eat them (which actually works for me with some things), and I would find myself grabbing a chair, standing on my tiptoes trying to reach them in the back of the pantry...sad sight! They fired off the worst carb cravings of almost anything I have eaten!

Good for you for being able to put yours out of sight, out of mind....

My name is Sheila, and I am a Quest Bar addict.....

OH MY WORD! I got my PB2 in today. I had one tablespoon of chocolate PB to see if I "liked it". WRONG. I LOVED it. This is not good. And today is the 2 in the 5 day! Wow! It's really good. :(

I stay away from the Protein Bars, but mostly because they just don't interest me. I'm glad that never got to be a habit. Same for the PB2! Some people really have an addiction to that stuff. I just hate Peanut Butter in general, so I don't have to worry about that.

I don't think there are many foods I can't walk away from at this point - maybe soda would count but I hardly keep it around now because I know it's a problem. Oh, and cheesecake. I made a Chicago style cheesecake for a dinner I hosted not too long ago and thank goodness I had the foresight to pack up a pretty little box of it for each guest to take home. Because the three slices that were left? I ate them all, one night at a time. I tracked those buggers, don't get me wrong. But my calories were on the high side that week!

And yeah...eating dairy like that makes me ill...so that was interesting. But oh my, it was good. Too good. I don't have many foods I can't walk away from or that I think about when I'm doing other things, so that's something I won't be doing again.

So there's no way I'd go introducing a new food that other folks already said is like crack.

Oh, and I hope I have a good 5:2 week, because my three year anniversary is on the 15th and I'd like to look good in the picture and feel good about my weight when I post my update!

~Cheri

Oh, and I hope I have a good 5:2 week, because my three year anniversary is on the 15th and I'd like to look good in the picture and feel good about my weight when I post my update!

~Cheri

You should be so proud of what you have accomplished and you are an inspiration to all. No matter how you feel about posting an updated picture, I know you will look as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!

Ok girls and guys barely made it through the day.. A bit over at 525. But considering what I had to deal with today including the family stopping at "in and out" burger, and eating that stuff in front of me, I did pretty good!

Oh and my scale tonight said I've gained 1/2 pound on vacation, if its true, i'll take it!!!

I have 2 jars of PB2 that I bought after being sleeved... It's ok. But I have a confession I don't eat it. When I go shopping I grind non salted plain nuts. I just grind a little every week and if I get the need I eat a spoonful.

As for reported rebounds after your 5:2 losses, maybe it just takes some time to the tune of 6 weeks or more. Most dieting takes time to gain momentum, but losses of 4 lbs here and 3 lbs there overnight reported on this thread is really good. Keep up the great work!

Ok girls and guys barely made it through the day.. A bit over at 525. But considering what I had to deal with today including the family stopping at "in and out" burger, and eating that stuff in front of me, I did pretty good!

Oh and my scale tonight said I've gained 1/2 pound on vacation, if its true, i'll take it!!!

I have 2 jars of PB2 that I bought after being sleeved... It's ok. But I have a confession I don't eat it. When I go shopping I grind non salted plain nuts. I just grind a little every week and if I get the need I eat a spoonful.

That is truly awesome, Laura! See, all that sweating and active lifestyle paid off! As for the PB2, I can tell that it would become an addiction but at least somewhat healthy. I bought fresh apples and some plain ricecakes to eat it with for a change of pace from other Snacks but I will truly have to guard myself.

Oh, and on another note, ANOTHER POUND GONE THIS MORNING! That's 15! I'm trul impressed. I'll admit that by last Sunday I was experiencing more hunger than I had been previous weeks and Monday was hard to eat with in MY normal. Weighed Tuesday morning, start of my first fast day and up 3! But that is my pattern.

That's why I truly understand now why we should only be weighing ourselves weekly. There is so much fluctuation in NORMAL body weight that we tend to stress out, overthink it, and get depressed if we see the scale move the OTHER direction even though we are actively eating healthy food. What happens for me is - I am usually at my present weight or up a couple by the end of my FOUR normal days in a row. Then by last fast day I am back down a pound or so from my ORIGINAL low of the week before so if I weighed each WEEK at the end, I would be a much happier camper but it does help me maintain during the longer normal days.

Anway, I think Fiddleman said it correctly. It takes your body a while to build momentum when you change your diet besides the initial Fluid weight loss of any diet. I really understand that this can be and will be long term for me. Easily. And once back down to below my original goal by a few pounds, I will try the 6:1 for maintenance and see if I can hold it with that; otherwise, I'll stay with 5:2

Happy Wednesday to all!

I was driving myself totally insane weighing everyday. I'm one of those overly compulsive girls that freak out at the least little gain. I have become much more saner weighing ONLY on Saturday morning.

Ok girls and guys barely made it through the day.. A bit over at 525. But considering what I had to deal with today including the family stopping at "in and out" burger' date=' and eating that stuff in front of me, I did pretty good!

I have 2 jars of PB2 that I bought after being sleeved... It's ok. But I have a confession I don't eat it. When I go shopping I grind non salted plain nuts. I just grind a little every week and if I get the need I eat a spoonful.[/quote']

Girlfriend you are doing great! That 1/2 lb might be Water weight from all the riding home lol. I think we have all got this 5:2 diet down. I am down another 1.4 lb this morning as well. Yay!

Girlfriend you are doing great! That 1/2 lb might be Water weight from all the riding home lol. I think we have all got this 5:2 diet down. I am down another 1.4 lb this morning as well. Yay!

If its only a 1/2 pound it's luck! I really ate crappy for a few days there.. It's the snack foods that still get me. We bought "trail mix" that had red candied peanuts in it and I know i ate half the bag myself. My hand just kept grabbing handfuls.

Those and cheese it's are my downfalls... still.

But you know what Laura, sometimes when we change things up our bodies are not use to it and we lose. I believe our bodies get use to eating the same foods and calories every day so its use tou the comfort zone we set up for it. We have to keep shakening it up, so it does not get use to the normal. I will tell when I started backsliding one day I ate 4 hersheys chocolates with almonds ( the full size bars) in one day. I was getting so depressed, the next morning after that chocolate feast and expected to of gained weight but instead I had lost 1.9 lbs. I still dont understand it. I promised myself I would never do that again. But it goes to show when you change things up ( like the 5:2 diet) our bodies will drop the weight.

Laura - I definitely can relate. My down fall sometimes is beef Jerky. It is a great Protein source and "healthy", but has super high sodium levels. Last week I had a two serving bag of beef jerky as my "dinner" meal (300 calories). I did not plan it that way, but it was filling enough that I didn't need any thing else until bedtime shake. Usually I like Ro eat some jerky before dinner in the afternoon if I am out doing grocery shopping . The problem is I gained 4 lb Water weight the next morning. Gosh darn it! So, moral of the story is to not be left alone with a bag of jerky around or before dinner time as it is easy to finish it. Extra water weight is gone now but not worth it to get the blast of sodium.

Ha, fiddle that's what I did with the damn trail mix!

I actually ate it through dinner time I never actually had a meal for dinner because I just kept eating the trail mix.... It tasted so good and went down so easy no restriction just "comfort eating" at it's best.

Oh and yes Leanne that's what I feel is the best thing about 5:2. We are so regimented with our eating that our bodies get used to it, whether it be 800 a day or 1800.

Don't know how I missed this thread, but i need to check this out.

I have done really well at maintenance, but recently gain just a couple of pounds since I wear my clothes "fitted" my jeans are now feeling tight and I simply REFUSE to buy bigger ones.

I am also of the mindset i don't want to diet, but I LOVE being normal weight and damn if I am going to allow a significant regain!!! So, hardcore what ever I gotta do.. here I come!