Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my surgery on Wednesday, June 5 and I am still in a horrible horrible pain from my stomach it hurts to stand up straight it hurts to breathe and I'm using my breathing machine and I'm walking what else can I do to alleviate this pain. I know some has been gas but I got gas medicine which I was happy to say I finally passed gas never thought I would be LOL.

It hurts to go to the bathroom and sit down because of the pain in my stomach hurts to stand back up I have my daughter helping me most of the time god is this pain ever going to go away

Is the pain by the big incision?? If so the cut thru the muscle, and it hurts! Try icing it. If you think it could be something else call your surgeon. ( mine told me that part of scheduling surgery is bring in town on call for two weeks after the surgery.)

If you can, start walking as much as you can and keep on walking. that will help get the gas out. Meanwhile, make a call to your surgeon's office.....just to be safe.... :) Let us know how your doing

I'm adding a picture to show more or less where the pain is. I am walking every hour for ten min or trying most hour for at least 10 min. Maybe pushing it. I will try the ice ... What about heat ?

I don't know what is going on with you, but recommend you call the surgeon. You may even want to send him/her the picture in case that is relevant to the pain. Don't be reluctant to call. This is what we pay them for.

I don't know what is going on with you' date=' but recommend you call the surgeon. You may even want to send him/her the picture in case that is relevant to the pain. Don't be reluctant to call. This is what we pay them for.[/quote']

Thank you I am I don't think I can deal with another day like today :(

I hope you feel better soon. The pain will become a distant memory as you get better each day! Good luck with it. I hope it's nothing serious.

Are you taking your pain meds? Don't be afraid to take the max, a couple of days won't hurt.

Ice helped me with that particular pain the most, and I put heat on my back. Try either, it's whatever works best for you!! Give the surgeon a call it's what they are there for, if only for reassurance! It does get better!!

I had pain by my large incision for a while. I was told it was normal and it was from the cutting of nerves and muscle. Take pain meds if you need them and if you're worried, be sure tocall your Dr. I hope you start feeling better.

Hi, Why are you so hard on yourself. I was sleeved on the 29th of May and still experience pain. When I notice that my tummy hurts and it does the same yours does I just figure I need more rest and everybody is different in their healing process. I can promise you that it gets a little better every day and if I look back from where I was last week at this time I have already seen great improvement. Just snuggle up with a good book and let your body have the time it needs. It'll thank your for it later. Good luck...

I am 4 days post op. I too have severe pain coming from my big incision. I have been coughing a lot which only makes it worse. I have tried using ice and a pillow to try and ease the pain but that does not seem to help. So I am going to take the pain meds to see if it helps. Any one know of anything else?

Well I read all your post and thank you all. I am trying some ice and heating pad. I was scared of the meds because doc said I shouldn't need it after 2 days. ( wrong! ) I may be pushing myself on the walking cause doctor said walking will make it stop but seems to make it worse so I'm gonna rest tomorrow on that. And you are right we all heal differently. Thank you on that because I was thinking something was wrong with me :(

Thank you all so much. I will be calling surgeon if it doesn't get any better

Don't be afraid of your pain meds. Take them if you need them and take it easy on yourself. There is a lot you are adjusting to and the first week is very hard. The pain meds allow you to relax so your body can heal, a very important step in the process. Good luck! Hope you are feeling better today.