Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Sleevers/Success and Struggles

Hey everyone...I was sleeved on April 8th, 2013, so today is my 2 month post-op and I'm down 42 lbs! I am super excited and have started my exercise program as well. I'm just doing 20-25 minutes 3 times a week for starters.

Yesterday, I looked at a pair of jeans that I bought quite a while before surgery that I never fit into. I had bought them for a good price, so I just slipped them in my drawer of clothes I wish and someday could wear. I really didn't think they would fit, but I tried them on, and success...they buttoned!!!

One thing I'm noticing now is my acne, and how horrible it has been lately. I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem. I just can't seem to get it under control...

I have struggled a bit with temptations here and there, and sometimes I will give in and have a small bite of something, and then I seem to be fine...just trying not to make a habit out of it.

I would love to hear how other April sleevers are doing, and here some of your success and struggles.

I decided to Celebrate getting through these 2 months with a fresh new hair cut/color and a pedi and mani! Just what I needed! =)

My surgery date is also April 8!!! I am down 37 lbs!!! I haven't really had problems with acne- but then again I really never have had issue ever with acne! Sorry not much help!

My surgery was April 19. I am 7 weeks out and 35 pounds down. My excema is cleared up, my blood pressure is back to normal, my depression has lifted, and I can walk up and down hills for an hour (prior to surgery I could not walk more than a block without pain due to a slipped disc in my back). I am getting used to the effort it takes to plan, weigh/measure, and track my food, exercise, drink enough Water, remember to take my Vitamins, and build coping skills/find ways to spend my time since I'm no longer hanging out with food all the time. Anyone who says surgery is the easy way out doesn't understand how much work you have to put into this. I'm also learning how to handle social situations without food or booze and am finding it's not as hard as I thought it would be.

My surgery was April 19. I am 7 weeks out and 35 pounds down. My excema is cleared up' date=' my blood pressure is back to normal, my depression has lifted, and I can walk up and down hills for an hour (prior to surgery I could not walk more than a block without pain due to a slipped disc in my back). I am getting used to the effort it takes to plan, weigh/measure, and track my food, exercise, drink enough Water, remember to take my Vitamins, and build coping skills/find ways to spend my time since I'm no longer hanging out with food all the time. Anyone who says surgery is the easy way out doesn't understand how much work you have to put into this. I'm also learning how to handle social situations without food or booze and am finding it's not as hard as I thought it would be.[/quote']

I'm 7 months out and a success!!!

post-59432-13813666443184_thumb.jpg

Hello there! I was sleeved on April 20th, 2013 and have lost 40 pounds so far. I'm quite happy with my new stomach. I like that I can only eat tiny portions but I struggle with my protein...so I have to work on that. It's definitely not an easy way and I wish more people could see that too. I've heard people saying surgery is the easy way to lose weight and we're lazy for making that choice but really they know nothing about it...good luck to all of you and I hope you enjoy this amazing journey.

I was sleeved on Apr 6 and am down a total of 50 pounds. I'm not sure when to start calculating weight loss. Should it be from my initial appt Jan 28th (50#)? Or from my surgery date Apr 6 (30#)? Either way, I'm losing!

I don't have problems with acne but I share your struggle with Protein. It's harder to eat now, and I have to remember my basics: small bites, eat slowly, chew 30 times.

Good luck to you. I love your rewards!

Congrats to all of you! I love the success everyone is having, and yes...surgery is definitely not an easy way out. We still have to change our lifestyle, and that is a hard thing to do!

Hello April sleevers,

I was sleeved on April 30th so I just made my 2 months post ob. I haven't had any problem with acne but my hubby had to take the scale from me. I was getting upset when it wouldn't move. So he told me to just wait until my 3 month appointment to see how much I have lost. So that really does help. Even though I can't eat much I am making great food choice and I try to eat my Protein first. Well as much as I can get down. Egg whites seem to be my best friend, so I eat those every morning with onions & bell peppers with a cup of orange juice. I really have this love for fruit now as well. Peaches & nectarines are my favorite. Being sleeved is such a blessing and I don't regret it one bit. I don't care what people say about people who have surgery..I just look and them and smile cause I know I made the right choice for me. Oh and to Celebrate my 2 months I started Hip Hop Zumba and it's amazing. I can't wait to go back next week. My 3 month appointment is on the 25th this month and I will make sure to let you know about my progress.

I was sleeved April 8. HW 305, SW 295, CW 246. Loving my sleeve, loving life. :-)

I was sleeved on April 8... and did great until about a month ago... was down 40 lbs... now I am down 42 lbs... omg... I am so stuck it seems... I am doing what I should food wise and exercise ... the NSV are off the wall... crossing my legs again :) down to size 16 from a 20-22.... energy levels,,, clothes fit... :) given away alot of my big clothes.... no hunger really... the list goes on... now what's wrong with the scale? ?? lol I seem to being going thru the change since I have skipped 2 months... so I keep telling myself Be Patient...it will come off.... :) any advice or insights... or is anyone else stalled like me???? who said this would be easy???

Im also stalled on the 3rd month...only lost 2 pounds the last month...i was sleeved april 9 th...good to know im not alone...praying it starts moving again

I haven't had issues with acne so far, but I heard from another sleever that taking a zinc supplement each day can help!