Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am i the only one w/o a scale?

I figured I'd weigh at my doctors check ups. I can't see weighing myself and obsessing over it daily. Anyone else?

I figured I'd weigh at my doctors check ups. I can't see weighing myself and obsessing over it daily. Anyone else?

I have a scale but no need to obsess...I only weigh once per week..I couldn't imagine going 4 months without weighing myself. I have drs appts at 2 weeks then 2 months then not again til 6 months and then a year.

I don't own a scale either. I weigh in every week at Weight Watchers. I do own a food scale and I weigh my food.

Girl what kind of fat person are you that you don't own a scale?? :P

But really somedays I wish I could chuck mine out of the window, but I'm terribly OCD and I have my scale rituals...

LMFAO!!!

I have a digital scales that connects to my phone via wifi and connects to MFP. But I have a problem with weighing myself several times a day. Then I'll go to the bathroom and weigh myself again. It's obsessive...but I can't help it.

I weigh daily but definitely don't obsess. I can sort of understand why others may obsess but really I have found the scales provide me with far too much information about my journey and my choices to do without them.

I think I would perhaps obsess if I didn't have them and if I didn't have access to that information about my body and the changes it has gone through.

I have learnt so much about Water retention/ dehydration issues from weighing daily, the impact of exercise, my bodies fluctuations through my menstrual cycle, the impact of a high processed food day or a boozy night. I expect the fluctuations and expect the scales to move about the place not to constantly drop. Perhaps that is the difference?

The scales are just a tool to help me manage, measure, and learn. And that learning eases my anxiety and is perhaps the antithesis of obsession as a consequence.

Edit to add, I weigh at the same time every day, first thing in the morning. I don't hop on during the day.

I don't use a scale and don't plan on using one. It is too depressing. I only "look" at the numbers when required. MY Clothes let me know what I need to know. Post op, I plan on waiting for weekly intervals so the numbers don't keep me fretting.

Weighing myself when dieting was always a catalyst to giving up or cheating. If I felt I had been doing really good and the scale was disappointing, then I'd give, get pissed off, and have a treat. Over and over and over .

Once I've had surgery I plan on once a week max, that's one of my rules I will not break.

Weighing myself when dieting was always a catalyst to giving up or cheating. If I felt I had been doing really good and the scale was disappointing' date=' then I'd give, get pissed off, and have a treat. Over and over and over .

Once I've had surgery I plan on once a week max, that's one of my rules I will not break.[/quote']

This is me.

Never owned a scale and it will most likely stay that way. I don't really care what it says. I depend on clothes!

I have a scale that I borrowed from my sister became mine stopped working, let me just say I told myself I would weigh myself every day but that changed the day she lent me the scale! I weigh myself every day. I've been on a stall for two weeks n it's beginning to weigh down on me. Will the scale every move?!? Ugh

I have a scale that I borrowed from my sister became mine stopped working' date=' let me just say I told myself I would weigh myself every day but that changed the day she lent me the scale! I weigh myself every day. I've been on a stall for two weeks n it's beginning to weigh down on me. Will the scale every move?!? Ugh[/quote']

See that is what I don't want. scales in the past have triggered relapse so I don't even want to try it.

I'm using mine now to motivate me. I don't get too caught up with the numbers daily, just like checking in. I figure after this $40,000 experience relapse is not an option.

Me too! I don't want to be crazy obsessed about the 1-2 pound gain/loss. My dr has told me to get a scale but I just can't bring myself to do it.