Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried the HCG diet after being sleeved?

Im 6 months post out and been on a stall for the past 7 weeks. Very frustrating when i have 50pounds to goal weight.

I would discuss with your doctor, but I would think you don't want to get back on the diet yo yo. I've heard people stalling that long, but it's usually due to not getting the right amount of protein/water. My doctor told me that I will have to get 80 grams of Protein a day. I don't know if this helps.

What is the HCG diet?

Has anyone tried the HCG diet after being sleeved?

Im 6 months post out and been on a stall for the past 7 weeks. Very frustrating when i have 50pounds to goal weight.

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't been sleeved yet. But I was wondering about it for stabilizing at my goal weight more than for stall breaking though....If you find anything out let us know. My biggest concern with it would be that if you've altered your hormones through this surgery, screwing with your hormones again might be tricky, but I guess if you can get pregnant after the sleeve, then why not HCG? But for sure talk to a doc. :)

I'm assuming you've already tried upping your caloric intake to "trick" your body into breaking the stall?

Ive tried everything. Lol

After i hit 4months nothing has come off but my hair :-(

Hatchery on her way,

What is meant by altering your hormones due to surgery. I am not a fan of hormones and my sister has suffered depression after having a baby, still, 4 years later. I am fine, happy and just want to loose weight.

I am half way with 50 lbs to go and also in a stall fir the last 7 weeks. I talked to my NUT yesterday. She told me with the amount of exercise I am getting that I need to get in 900-1000 calories 80g of carbs (good carbs) and 29g of fat. I asked her about Adkins no carbs and she said no way. This is a tool to help me for the rest of my healthy life. A yoyo diet isn't the route to go. A stall is normal to help my body adjust and catch up to the quick loss.

I had a friend and her mom that did the Hcg hormone shots. There hair and skin looked so bad and fell out (I know mine will too) BUT the mother had breast cancer that she didn't know about. The hormone shots advanced the tumor growth. Her dr said that Hcg is human growth hormones and will advance growth in any cancer cells. Please be patient and continue on the right life changing path. The weight will come off again just let your body catch up and remember "this too shall pass".

God you too? 5 1/2 months out - bout to start the 4th week stalled.. 50lbs to go :(

Have you tried going back to liquids for a few days?

I am half way with 50 lbs to go and also in a stall fir the last 7 weeks. I talked to my NUT yesterday. She told me with the amount of exercise I am getting that I need to get in 900-1000 calories 80g of carbs (good carbs) and 29g of fat. I asked her about Adkins no carbs and she said no way. This is a tool to help me for the rest of my healthy life. A yoyo diet isn't the route to go. A stall is normal to help my body adjust and catch up to the quick loss.

I had a friend and her mom that did the Hcg hormone shots. There hair and skin looked so bad and fell out (I know mine will too) BUT the mother had breast cancer that she didn't know about. The hormone shots advanced the tumor growth. Her dr said that Hcg is human growth hormones and will advance growth in any cancer cells. Please be patient and continue on the right life changing path. The weight will come off again just let your body catch up and remember "this too shall pass".

I realize you are just repeating what you were told, so please don't be offended, but I call BS on her doc. I would love to know how he would know that the HCG specifically advanced the cancer when he didn't know she had it in the first place? I know women who had cancer while pregnant, where their docs knew they had cancer at the beginning of their pregnancy and their cancer didn't grow faster during pregnancy with 100X more HCG hormone in their bodies. It seems like another doctor talking about something they don't understand, not to mention, so nice of the doc to make the patient feel like it's all her fault.

I lost my first 45 lbs on HCG and I looked fantastic, I wish that docs would just admit they don't know things instead of the know it all accusatory crap I so often hear about. I feel really bad for your friends mom, that's a terrible story, and the HCG is not the villain in it.

Have you tried going back to liquids for a few days?

Yep! I lose like 4pounds and gain it back when on full diet, then im back to squire one. I havent gained anything. Just whatever i lose while on liquids which makes me think its just Water weight.

God you too? 5 1/2 months out - bout to start the 4th week stalled.. 50lbs to go :(

Yep! I feel like these 50 are never going away :-(

I did the hcg diet....lost a great deal of weight and gained it right bk I agree its a yoyo diet and u should maybe try up ya protien and calories......and......maybe ur losing inches;) hang on there.....

Nope. I'm done with diets. I know the HCG diet works, but I'm done with all that. I do it with the sleeve or not at all. My body has been abused enough and this last chance at a new healthy me is it.

I'm about 10lbs from a healthy goal and I'm in no hurry and I don't care about stalls because weightloss is going to happen as long I live the way I'm supposed to. It's a personal self contract I've made.