Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

food you ate after only 2 wks post op. did anyone eat more because you felt you could? I'm so curious as to why some feel such restriction and others don't.

food you ate after only 2 wks post op. did anyone eat more because you felt you could? I'm so curious as to why some feel such restriction and others don't.

I find that I don't have issues with food so far. I'm 2 weeks out and can eat 6 oz yogurt, a whole scrambled egg etc, a whole Protein shake, 4oz cottage cheese etc. I just go slow and eat the amount that's pre packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I find that I don't have issues with food so far. I'm 2 weeks out and can eat 6 oz yogurt' date=' a whole scrambled egg etc, a whole Protein shake, 4oz cottage cheese etc. I just go slow and eat the amount that's pre packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Tina, I'm just so concerned that I don't feel a real restriction. I'm eating like you. Big sigh

Tina' date=' I'm just so concerned that I don't feel a real restriction. I'm eating like you. Big sigh[/quote']

I went to the Dr for my 1 week follow up last week and he said it was a good thing. Some people have so many problems and can't eat or drink. He told me when I start the more dense foods that I would def feel the restriction.

I agree that you should be happy you aren't having any problems! So many people go through such a difficult time with food in the beginning. But, I also agree with other posts I have read on this issue... Just because you can eat a lot, doesnt mean you should.

I was on full liquids for 3 weeks, the first week being clear liquid. I started out with 1/4 cup of Tomato Soup. I worked up to about 1/3. I always measured then because my surgeon told me several times it would take time to feel the restriction. The first few days I was scared to eat it. I didn't really feel anything in my tummy. Not hungry, not full and not restricted. Your stomach is swollen and inflamed so that is not uncommon.

Once I could have things like yogurt and sugarfree pudding I could eat the whole 4oz of it. It took awhile but didn't feel that restriction. I was able to have soft fish and deli meats at that time and didn't feel it.

Once I was 6 weeks and could have dense meats like beef and chicken, It was amazing how I could feel it. It wasn't bad, it was just wow, is this what feeling full without over eating feels like? It took a few weeks past that to figure out how this new stomach was going to work.

Now, at 12 weeks today, it's great, I can eat anywhere between 2-3 oz of dense protien, and a small serving of fruit or veggies. Not room for anything more. food is good, I enjoy it and I love this feeling of just the right amount of full!

Thanks. I know it's mental. Also since I'm really just having puréed good I'm being hard on myself as to why I don't feel it. I've been keeping track to be accountable and it works. I don't over do it especially since I'm scared of doing something wrong to my new tummy. I look fwd to getting past the insecurities.

Thanks. I know it's mental. Also since I'm really just having puréed good I'm being hard on myself as to why I don't feel it. I've been keeping track to be accountable and it works. I don't over do it especially since I'm scared of doing something wrong to my new tummy. I look fwd to getting past the insecurities.

I'm with ya!!! Once we can eat food I'm sure we will feel it