Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on May 30th. This. Is. Different.

I just had the sleeve done on the 30th in Houston. My weight before surgery was 275 lbs. which was the highest it's ever been. I knew I had to do something coming from a family history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol and so on. Luckily, being that over weight I didn't have any issues... Yet.

Well this past week I went in for my surgery at 271 lbs. I was so nervous. I had my mom, dad, 4 year old daughter, and fiancé there. :)

I stayed in the hospital for one night which was one tough night. I am much a belly sleeper and could not get comfortable on those hospital beds whatsoever. The pain was ok and the nurses were great.

Going for my one week post op I weighed in at 257 lbs. THAT ITSELF WAS AMAZING TO ME! Granted... I hadn't really ate or drank much.. But still... Seeing that number drop was a good feeling.

My ONLY problem I've been having so far is my chest... Whenever I take a sip of something, it hurts... I'm thinking its gas build up... I feel like if I just give one good burp then I'll be ok but I just can't do it!! So it sits there and hurts... Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Congrats!

Walk, walk, walk. It really is the best remedy for gas. It should subside soon and you will start feeling so much better!

Part of the problem is probably the swelling in your new little stomach. Think about how a cut swells on your skin and mucous membranes swell more. This makes it difficult to swallow for some people. Continue to do everything you're doing and if you are very uncomfortable or worried, give your Doctor's office a call. Most likely it will get better in a few days but again, always ask your doctor if you are worried. Good luck with your journey because believe me, it gets a LOT better with time! :D

I know it is going to sound silly but get someone to pat you on the back, like if they were burping a baby. I had my sleeve done 4 weeks after I had my daughter so we were pretty good at burping a baby, when I would get one of those gas pains I'd get my husband to pat me on the back and sometimes it would help, not always but sometimes. At that point I was willing to take whatever relief I could get any way I could get it!!

Take smaller sips..I had the same problem the first week and someone told me to take smaller sips and never had the chest pain after..

Man o man am I trying everything... I used to be so good at it too! Haha. I'm really excited about this sleeve though. I actually get married on Saturday and am feeling more "normal" everyday so hopefully by then I can shake my butt just a little on the dance floor. No cake or Italian food for me unfortunately... :(

I just had the sleeve done on the 30th in Houston. My weight before surgery was 275 lbs. which was the highest it's ever been. I knew I had to do something coming from a family history of high blood pressure' date=' diabetes, high cholesterol and so on. Luckily, being that over weight I didn't have any issues... Yet.

Well this past week I went in for my surgery at 271 lbs. I was so nervous. I had my mom, dad, 4 year old daughter, and fiancé there. :)

I stayed in the hospital for one night which was one tough night. I am much a belly sleeper and could not get comfortable on those hospital beds whatsoever. The pain was ok and the nurses were great.

Going for my one week post op I weighed in at 257 lbs. THAT ITSELF WAS AMAZING TO ME! Granted... I hadn't really ate or drank much.. But still... Seeing that number drop was a good feeling.

My ONLY problem I've been having so far is my chest... Whenever I take a sip of something, it hurts... I'm thinking its gas build up... I feel like if I just give one good burp then I'll be ok but I just can't do it!! So it sits there and hurts... Is there anything I can do to fix this?[/quote']

Congrats So happy to hear your dropping pounds quickly

I lost all my weight within 9 months

I was 245 n 9 months later 130

Have no skin hanging dont know if its my genes or what but the lord blessed me thank God.

Just have problem cant over eat or will throw up : ( other than that everything is great if u see dietician