Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month out today and sharing my story

Good Morning Everyone,

I’m officially 1 month out today. I am down 19 lbs and averaging 4.5 lbs a month. Total loss since starting journey is 58. Losing 1-2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. When I went to my doctor appointment on my 2 week post-op the coordinator told me that I would slow down to 1-2 lbs a week until about 2-3 months out and would then start losing a lot faster. She was so right. She is a WLS patient herself and she knows so much about what we’re going through.

I’m feeling very well and energized most days. I take my Vitamins and drink my Water requirements most days. I always get at least 50 gms of Protein in now, was very hard at first. I’m walking 1.6 miles 6 days a week. Last night was hard because it was still 92 degrees out. Whew!

Have been getting a lot of wow! and OMG! lately from anyone at I haven’t seen in few weeks. Loving that. My clothes are much loser, loving that. I have had 3-4 people tell my face looks different. One of the neighbors came over when we had a BBQ and he didn’t recognize me at first glance. I laughed so loud. I could not have a better support system with friends, family and my online buddies here. Most of all I can’t the The Lord for his blessings and Grace.

I am very compliant with the protocol my doctor gave me. I now eat Hummus, chili, lots of fish, boiled eggs, SF pudding, Beans, mashed potatoes and more but can’t think of all right now. I’m on MFP and have an open diary if anyone is interested in being WLS journey pals. “bridges15804”.

My fasting blood sugars went from around 280 to this morning of 87. That is incredible. I’ve been diabetic since 1998 and was on tons of insulin that was no longer helping that much. Used to take 10 different prescriptions and now take 1 + med vitamins.

I know I’ve been a little long-winded, but I just want to share my experiences a little for the newbies. I am so grateful I was sleeved. I knew in my heart this was the right thing to do for me. I would please advise to make sure you are ready for change before making this step. It is not easy and takes a great deal of disciple and focus. I have to admit that with the sleeve it is easier to reach your goals, but you have to want it.

Good Morning Everyone' date='

I’m officially 1 month out today. I am down 19 lbs and averaging 4.5 lbs a month. Total loss since starting journey is 58. Losing 1-2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. When I went to my doctor appointment on my 2 week post-op the coordinator told me that I would slow down to 1-2 lbs a week until about 2-3 months out and would then start losing a lot faster. She was so right. She is a WLS patient herself and she knows so much about what we’re going through.

I’m feeling very well and energized most days. I take my Vitamins and drink my Water requirements most days. I always get at least 50 gms of Protein in now, was very hard at first. I’m walking 1.6 miles 6 days a week. Last night was hard because it was still 92 degrees out. Whew!

Have been getting a lot of wow! and OMG! lately from anyone at I haven’t seen in few weeks. Loving that. My clothes are much loser, loving that. I have had 3-4 people tell my face looks different. One of the neighbors came over when we had a BBQ and he didn’t recognize me at first glance. I laughed so loud. I could not have a better support system with friends, family and my online buddies here. Most of all I can’t the The Lord for his blessings and Grace.

I am very compliant with the protocol my doctor gave me. I now eat Hummus, chili, lots of fish, boiled eggs, SF pudding, Beans, mashed potatoes and more but can’t think of all right now. I’m on MFP and have an open diary if anyone is interested in being WLS journey pals. “bridges15804”.

My fasting blood sugars went from around 280 to this morning of 87. That is incredible. I’ve been diabetic since 1998 and was on tons of insulin that was no longer helping that much. Used to take 10 different prescriptions and now take 1 + med Vitamins.< /p>

I know I’ve been a little long-winded, but I just want to share my experiences a little for the newbies. I am so grateful I was sleeved. I knew in my heart this was the right thing to do for me. I would please advise to make sure you are ready for change before making this step. It is not easy and takes a great deal of disciple and focus. I have to admit that with the sleeve it is easier to reach your goals, but you have to want it.[/quote']

Thanks for sharing !!!! I'm 2 weeks post op and your story is an inspiration !!! I've done really well so far with everything and hope to continue losing !!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Total loss is 58 I’m feeling very well and energized very compliant

Cindy

you sound like the perfect newbie :)

great mindset/attitude :)

you have done amazing since pre-op and the past month PO

you know exactly what to do PO

following all the rules/water/eating et al

nothing is ever ever easy, snap your fingers and "problem" will be fixed

you are definitely on the right road to a healthier, happier, longer life :)

the sleeve will work with you - if you work with the sleeve

you are off to a flying start

great NSV about the neighbor - look forward to many more nsv's

continued good luck

keep up the great work/job

kathy

congrats