Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bitchy, cranky, sad, and annoyed

So I am on 11 days post op and I have just been a little grumpy girl. .... everything and everyone annoys me so much, and I feel weak. I am not drinking enough Protein and this I know for a fact, but I can't stand Isopure or Unjury. And I barely finish 1 Protein Shake a day (about 30grams) does anyone have a better way to get protein? Is their protein capsules I can take? ? Also something to calm me down. ... I'm pretty sure my family and friends are tired of my crabbyness. Lol

I was so sick of liquids at that stage. I cried and shook my fist at the unfairness of not being able to chew anything. I think this is normal and something you will get through more quickly than you can imagine. Good luck to you.

So I am on 11 days post op and I have just been a little grumpy girl. .... everything and everyone annoys me so much, and I feel weak. I am not drinking enough Protein and this I know for a fact, but I can't stand Isopure or unjury. And I barely finish 1 Protein shake a day (about 30grams) does anyone have a better way to get protein? Is their protein capsules I can take? ? Also something to calm me down. ... I'm pretty sure my family and friends are tired of my crabbyness. Lol

Sorry, I don't think there's any such thing as a protein capsule. But you must figure out a way to get that protein in or it's going to be a rough road. Might I suggest some Unjury UNFLAVORED protein mixed into some Crystal Light? Also, the Syntrax nectar brand has many "fruit" flavors you could try. I'm particularly fond on the "Roadside Lemonade" and "Caribbean Cooler" (tastes like Pina Colada) flavors.

I'm just curious - did you have a 2 week preop liquid-only diet or were you allowed to eat anything you wanted until the last minute?

Premier Protein from costco is really good..

I know that people get sick of the Protein Shakes.< /p>

But right now you just have to do it. Look at it like a necessary "medicine" that you have to take after this surgery. It's one of those things that is non negotiable, your body needs it to heal and also so you lose fat and not muscle.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I it won't make you feel better, but what you're going through is perfectly normal. To get more Protein in that early out I would mix 2 scoops of Unjury protein in 1/2 the recommended liquid (I used milk). I also was allowed to use Isopure as part of my liquid requirements. They weren't great but they helped me get both liquids and protein in. Good luck!

I practiced being thankful for my sleeve and reminded myself that I would be able to eat soft purée food soon. I kept my self very busy. This will pass soon enough and u are on ur way to need health and the wonderful side effect of being skinny!

I had to read this topic when I saw the description because it is exactly how I am feeling today, and I am almost a month out...I still have my ups and downs...I remember feeling like you when I was on liquids still...then I started feeling better when I could eat mushy foods...my current "funk" is the result of my not losing any more weight at all for at least a week...it is extremely frustrating because I am following the program...I am only taking in about 500 to 600 calories per day, so how can I not be losing at least a little weight? I can assure you that a month pre-surgery I was eating way over 500 calories a day--also eating my beloved bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice, and the occasional sweet and I didn't gain weight...I didn't lose either I admit but now I am the same (not losing) and yet I am doing without...I know I am just whining now and usually I am much more of a realist than a whiner...blame it on my hormones, lack of carbs, depression, whatever...but I just feel like saying "it isn't fair!" :(

Y'all have very good points I guess theirs no real way around it. .... I need protein! Lol, the only way I can calm myself is by reminding my self it will all be worth it soon enough! Thanks guys!

That first liquid stage is the hardest. No other way to put it. At this point just try to remind yourself that you can do anything for a short period of time. Hang in there!

Hi, Im not a doctor but what has worked in the past to calm my nerves is a warm cup of chammomile tea. I hope it takes the edge off for you.

Have you tried some lowfat cream of chicken Soup strained? Mix it with some milk and add some non fat dry milk for extra Protein. I ended up having 2 servings a day because I couldn't stomach the commercial Protein Shakes. that or I made my own protein shakes from a list my NUT gave me.

Breakstone live active cottage cheese has 10grams of Protein per service. Even milk has protein. I'm use Hood 1% milk which is reduced in carbs and fat and actually taste good. Just a couple of suggestions. Hope it gets better for you.

So I am on 11 days post op and I have just been a little grumpy girl. .... everything and everyone annoys me so much' date=' and I feel weak. I am not drinking enough Protein and this I know for a fact, but I can't stand Isopure or powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. And I barely finish 1 Protein shake a day (about 30grams) does anyone have a better way to get Protein? Is their protein capsules I can take? ? Also something to calm me down. ... I'm pretty sure my family and friends are tired of my crabbyness. Lol[/quote']

Try mixing the Isopure with juice and Water. That was the only way I could deal with it

So I am on 11 days post op and I have just been a little grumpy girl. .... everything and everyone annoys me so much' date=' and I feel weak. I am not drinking enough Protein and this I know for a fact, but I can't stand Isopure or unjury. And I barely finish 1 Protein shake a day (about 30grams) does anyone have a better way to get protein? Is their protein capsules I can take? ? Also something to calm me down. ... I'm pretty sure my family and friends are tired of my crabbyness. Lol[/quote']

Atkins shakes are not bad. They are small...15g of protein and only one gram of sugar. Plus it will give you some calories to function off of. I drink one of these a day...then I eat slices of cheese or cheese sticks. They have anywhere from 4-7 g of protein. I only get about 40g of protein a day but its better than none. I'm about 4 weeks out and feeling fabulous. I started tuna and chicken salad this week and i finally have a boost of energy. It does get better.

I was told by my doctor and the girls in his office (most of which all had the sleeve done as well) to not worry about getting all your Protein in because your not going to be able to. The most important thing is staying hydrated. I drink Muscle Milk which is really good and had 30 grams of protein in it. I'm 7 weeks post op and still can't get all my protein in. Don't worry it DOES get better and it will get easier. Just take it one day at a time, soon you will be able to take more in and since your only 11 days post op try not to be so hard on yourself. I found that sugar free fudge sickles have 2 grams of protein each, I lived off of them for the first few weeks. Good luck!