Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Energy to work out..

So, I've been working out almost every day for 3 weeks now. The past 2 days I can't push my body to work out to my full momentum. Do I need more calories? My body feels physically tired. I push through but it's exhausting. What's going on?!?!

Do y'all take or eat anything pre workout to help with energy?

I find the same thing some times. I think I just need a rest once in a while. I also know that if I don't eat enough (at least 900 calories) I just can't do a good workout - I'm just too weak. I don't take anything special before or after a workout, but I know lots of the serious athletes do.

I was afraid someone was gonna say to rest......haha!

I know for me when I take a rest day I feel like a lazy slob and I worry that I will fall back into old habits, but I just try to set up my next days workout and stick to it.

I have found that I have to have a little something to eat before working out. My work out schedule looks like this:

Monday - Water Aerobics 60 minutes

Tuesday - Personal Trainer (AM) and Water Aerobics (PM)

Wednesday - Water Aerobics

Thursday - Personal Trainer

Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - Water Aerobics

Sunday - Rest Day

I find if I have a little something about a half hour before working out I have so much more energy. Sometimes it is some nuts, other's it is half an apple with some almond butter etc.

I drink a Protein Shake 30mins before and one 30mins after. EAS Advantage have a good strawberry one thats 17gm of Protein, 100 cals, and only 2.5gm of carbs. I drink that brand almost exclusively.

You could be over training, your body does actually need some down time to recuperate. Make sure you are properly hydrated and get plenty of sleep. What my personal trainer tells me at least!

Not sure if it applies in your case, but when your central nervous system is taxed from overtraining, it can give you similar symptoms. Also, have you had your blood work checked recently to make sure you're not deficient in any minerals/vitamins?

I think Nicole has a legit reason to be tired in last couple weeks. Not only is she pushing through a personal transformation (in "vets thread"), but she just had gall bladder surgery this last weekend. We hope you feel better in short order Nicole and are your energetic self soon. Time to catch up on episodes of your favorite tv show!

I think Nicole has a legit reason to be tired in last couple weeks. Not only is she pushing through a personal transformation (in "vets thread")' date=' but she just had gall bladder surgery this last weekend. We hope you feel better in short order Nicole and are your energetic self soon. Time to catch up on episodes of your favorite tv show![/quote']

Yesterday I caught up on a half season of Justified. Great way to recover after excessive exercise.

Yesterday I caught up on a half season of Justified. Great way to recover after excessive exercise.

How did you feel near the end, at the end and after the 1/2 race? Was it a good feeling? Did you feel like you spent through a few of your lives?

How did you feel near the end' date=' at the end and after the 1/2 race? Was it a good feeling? Did you feel like you spent through a few of your lives?[/quote']

Frankly I didn't get the happy elated feeling I got after the first one I did. My wife couldn't be there and it felt like a bit of a let down. I crossed the finish line, grabbed my medal and a few orange wedges and headed to the shower. I was honestly not feeling terribly good....if you read my run report in the long distance runners thread you know why....GI distress. But I did enjoy most of the run and it was a very well supported event.