Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SC Southern Sleevers?

Only 1 like me) I had mine at hillcrest

aug.12th I had alot of pain but they do give u a pain pump. All I can say is its hard in the beginning but get better as time goes by. Its worth it

Hi..I am so new to this and so overwhelmed. I am having my surgery done in the Upstate. .Hillcrest Hospital. I have finished my appointments and am now awaiting my sugery date! Nerves are shot but mostly from anxiety I guess....for you POST OP PATIENTS. .please tell me how you felt when you woke up from surgery? What was your first thought? Did you cry? How was the pain and how soon after waking up were you walking the track?

Hi! I am in the Upstate. Please understand that this is life changing surgery and you have a right to be overwhelmed and full of questions. The good thing is you have all of us to do it with you! I had surgery in May. I had almost no pain. I had tons of gas, even in my shoulders and back. So lots of walking. My first walk was late evening because they gave me lots of meds even though I had the first surgery of the day. I do know that I am grateful that I did it. I wish I had done it years ago!! Hear for you!

Blessings ~ Melody (BlessedFun2)

Hello everyone' date=' im six weeks out I on a stall I even gain two pounds dont know how I been eating healthy and ex[/quote']

Hey! It is okay! Relax! We all have Water weight and stalls at different times of the month! Just hold on! It will come off! I started off weighing myself constantly but it was driving me batty. So now I weigh every 10 days or so. I feel so much better without the stress of up 1 pound, down 2 or the real whammy of 0! So take a deep breath, keep doing what you have been doing and that scale will move!!!

Hey SC Southern Sleevers!!! How are y'all? What is going on with your Sleeve? I am doing great. Down over 75 since surgery in May. Tell us what is new!

Hi, I'm in the Upstate and am trying to get info on both Spartanburg and Greenville surgeons. If anyone can recommend a great surgeon and if you can tell me any info on price and payment plans, I'd appreciate it. (I'm a self pay)

I went to bariatric solutions in greenville for a consult a year ago. They wanted $12,500 cash for sleeve. Plus they want you to buy their vitimins and Protein Shakes.< /p>

I live in Greenville but had my surgery in May, in Charleston at MUSC with Dr. Bryne. I had an amazing experience and they are wonderful. I recommend them at every turn... Would be pleased to answer any questions.

Hope everyone is doing ok! Check in and let us know how your journey is going! Blessings!

Hi' date=' I'm in the Upstate and am trying to get info on both Spartanburg and Greenville surgeons. If anyone can recommend a great surgeon and if you can tell me any info on price and payment plans, I'd appreciate it. (I'm a self pay)[/quote']

I am also a self pay and am going to Mexico , having Dr Guillermo Alvarez do the surgery at Endobariatric. Look him up online and YouTube

Hi..I am so new to this and so overwhelmed. I am having my surgery done in the Upstate. .Hillcrest Hospital. I have finished my appointments and am now awaiting my sugery date! Nerves are shot but mostly from anxiety I guess....for you POST OP PATIENTS. .please tell me how you felt when you woke up from surgery? What was your first thought? Did you cry? How was the pain and how soon after waking up were you walking the track?

When I first woke up . The nurse was right the beside me. I was amazed I was in my room and in my bed. I figured I would of been woken up in recovery being asked to climb into another bed or something. I knew I could have anything to drink but also knew I had to get up and get walking. So I sat on side of bed for a few and then worked my way out to hall. My gas pain was in my shoulder. So I would lay with heating pad and sleep and walk sleep and walk. I was able to have ice chips which helped a lot. I did dry heave and try to throw up and sat on side of bed and cried. But it didn't last long. The pain was not so bad. They kept me medicated pretty good for a couple days. I stayed at hospital 2 days and hotel 2 more days and flew home with no problems. So You being close to home. You should do great. Just follow your pre op instructions. I know it's scary but so worth it. We are here is you need any help or encouragement. I also had a cousin who was sleeved at hillcrest in march. She went through bariatric solutions on woodruff rd. some lady did her surgery. Good luck!!!

Hi' date=' I'm in the Upstate and am trying to get info on both Spartanburg and Greenville surgeons. If anyone can recommend a great surgeon and if you can tell me any info on price and payment plans, I'd appreciate it. (I'm a self pay)[/quote']

Have you looked into Dr Alvarez? Mexico, go to his YouTube videos and endobariatric.com. I am scheduled Nov 11

It turns out I have a friend that went through Bariatric Solutions in St Francis Greenville. I'm going to attend one of their seminars this month and hopefully go through them. If anyone has had their surgery there, I would love to hear from you! thanks.

Jess my cousin had surgery there in March. She had the sleeve and my sister in law had the bypass a couple years ago there. A lady dr did my cousins sleeve and I think dr Scott did the others bypass. They both are doing good. I went to their seminar last dec and they quoted me like $12,500 cash for sleeve. They do the plication too but I recommend the sleeve over that. You have to go to the classes and etc. it's faster if your cash out of pocket but if insurance u gotta go through all the red tape. They are nice people from what I can tell. Plus they have all the Protein mixes and vitimins there but I prefer Premier Protein shakes from SAMs and I take Centrum multi vitimins and their cheaper . Not sure if they require u to use their products .

Okay I am not being sleeved until nov 11 but I have ordered from Vitamin world.com. Isopure 50 grams per scoop!! Zero carbs! And you can put this in hot cold food..or liquid!! No taste !! So it can go into broth..which is great especially at first when you are so tired..right? Green tea too..gets 5 stars on review. ;)

ISP pure great stuff still use it after the gym if you make it on the thin side really no taste if you make it thick a little but I love it waiting to try the java stuff myself!