Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SC Southern Sleevers?

So glad you are feeling better. Take baby steps, girl, you will make it!

Hi, I was sleeved on Monday, August 12, 2013. I have lost 20 lbs pre-op and 10 lbs post-op. Finally feeling good enough to get out of the house today. I am finding that I am sensitive to smells, especially like sweet smelling candles. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it get better?

Hi' date=' I was sleeved on Monday, August 12, 2013. I have lost 20 lbs pre-op and 10 lbs post-op. Finally feeling good enough to get out of the house today. I am finding that I am sensitive to smells, especially like sweet smelling candles. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it get better?[/quote']

Hi! Congrats!!! When I was sensitive to smells, I was getting dehydrated. So get your drinking in. Sip sip sip and sip more. A cup is always in my hand or right next to me. Keep doing it! Blessings! ~ Melody

Hey Chanvita; Honestly I've been drinking the EAS Advantage Carb Control RTD shakes and Muscle Milk Light chocolate Peanut Butter. Really good - the only time I have trouble is if I let the Muscle Milk shakes sit too long and they get too watery. Then it's a bit of an effort to get them down but that's easily rememdied - just drink them faster. If the coldness is bothering you - try letting the RTD shakes sit out to room temp or mix the shakes with lukewarm Water. Cold things bothered me a little bit the 1st couple of days but I've gotten over it - sugar free popsicles are my best friend!

You pretty much just never stop sipping! Protein, Water, protein, more water! And just keep doing as much as you can!

Side note - I naturally have a very sluggish digestive tract. Of course, even more since my surgery. I just got and tried samples of Metamucil's new multiHealth Fiber orange flavor drink mix. It worked for me! And the taste is pretty good. At least it isn't any worse than what we are already used to! I only post this bc it ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME!! And I know that is a common post op issue and wanted to help my peeps on here. Miralax, dulcolax, and other things didn't work for me.

Can't help you with this one, Chanvita - I'm on full liquids till the 28th......

Ok they said as of thurs I I can move to soft foods. What type of soft food did some of you do?

Cream Soups, sf puddings, yogurt, thin mashed potatoes or grits...

Beachbum what kind of liquids r u doing. I only can do Water sf Popsicles and Jello, chicken broth. Im tired ofvthst already

Diet V8 Splash, flavored water stuff, teas...

Broccoli and cheese Soup, cream of potato soup, sf Jello pudding, sf yogurt, made "soupy" cheese grits (yum), cream of wheat with cinnamon, soupy mashed potatoes, drinking lots of Decaf tea, Mio and switch it up for low cal G2 gatorade every once in a while. And of course, my 2 Protein Shakes everyday...