Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SICK, STILL SICK, CONTINUE TO BE SICK...SERIOUSLY AM I THE ONLY PERSON ON HERE WHO HAS BEEN SICK ALMOST THE ENTIRE TIME SINCE GETTING SLEEVED?

True, but she clearly stated that she went to Mexico, which would imply a self-pay. Even with no insurance in the United States, you can still get the surgery here, as self pay. Also, she implied she's nearly to goal weight, only needs 5 more lbs to go, making her total loss around 50lbs when done. Therefore, those numbers, and the need for going to Mexico do not add up. Logic here, not Rhetoric.

You do realize that Wikipedia can be altered' date=' edited and changed by anyone correct? I could go make numerical changes right now. So can you. Does that make them accurate?[/quote']

Oh my....

Why do we constantly judge others? Why does someone always have to point fingers? Aren't we all here for support? If you don't agree don't comment....skip the thread. So easy to do. And now I think I will unsubscribe to this one.

What does that mean "uses a 32 bougie"?

A bougie is the guide the surgeon uses to cut the stomach out with. The 32 is the size of a small pen. ;P

Why do we constantly judge others? Why does someone always have to point fingers? Aren't we all here for support? If you don't agree don't comment....skip the thread. So easy to do. And now I think I will unsubscribe to this one.

Judgmental and logical are two very different languages. I'm speaking from a logical rational, not judgmental.

Try getting your calories in with 2 Protein Shakes mixed with Water, Breakfast and lunch. Then just s small dinner like one egg, or a string cheese. Eat slow may take a couple of hours. I usually am just finishing Protein Shake and 1st bottle of water 3_4 hrs and it time to start lunch. I eat super late and just sip all day on water every five minutes. And that small meal takes About an hour.

In the US, WLS is now approved for anyone with a bmi of 30 or more and at least one co-morbidity. I do not think that your opinion trumps the medical profession's recommended guidelines. (Can we say arrogance?)

Not so. My insurance requires a BMI of 40 with no co's or 35 with at least 2. The employer gets to pick what plan they want or even if they want to cover it at all. My BFF is a BMI of 48 with two co's and can't get WLS at all.

Not so. My insurance requires a BMI of 40 with no co's or 35 with at least 2. The employer gets to pick what plan they want or even if they want to cover it at all. My BFF is a BMI of 48 with two co's and can't get WLS at all.

The FDA has approved gastric sleeve for a bmi of 30 with at least one co-morbidity. Insurance companies will not pay for anyone under 35.

Doctors in the US do lapband and gastric sleeve for a BMI of 30 and above. They are both FDA approved. However; at this point insurance won't pay for it below a BMI of 35 with at least one comorbidity. So that is why ppl use the Self pay option. We each do what we feel is best for ourselves.

Not sure why the location of the surgery was even mentioned since it has nothing to do with the current issues. As for the BMI.. My dr ok'd me for the sleeve when my lapband was removed. My BMi was 20.3 unfortunately .. By the time I got the sleeve my BMI jumped significantly. Anyway.. Who cares what anyone's BMI is? No one knows the story behind everyones choice for being sleeved.

OP.. You need to have you PCP refer you to a gastronologist or bariatric surgeon.

Not sure why the location of the surgery was even mentioned since it has nothing to do with the current issues. As for the BMI.. My dr ok'd me for the sleeve when my lapband was removed. My BMi was 20.3 unfortunately .. By the time I got the sleeve my BMI jumped significantly. Anyway.. Who cares what anyone's BMI is? No one knows the story behind everyones choice for being sleeved.

OP.. You need to have you PCP refer you to a gastronologist or bariatric surgeon.

Well said...

I was sleeved in Mexico on March 5th 2013. That puts me 11 wks post OP' date=' give or take. I have lost over 50 lbs, I am 5 lbs from my goal weight of 145, I am 5' 6". (Yes, I was one of those, I weighed 201 lbs when sleeved. My BMI was 53.) I can only consume approximately 300 calories a day (more or less) or I will throw up (3 or 4 tablespoons of food ain't very much and everything makes me sick). I have only been able to gag down 40 ounces of Water A DAY tops until 2 days ago, 2 days ago, I got down 7 cups of Water and maybe 500 calories. My blood work is good. Iron levels are great. I got to stop my HBP medicine, (which I have been on for years, very happy about that). There may be something going on with my kidneys, I'm hoping that my inability to drink water or eat is giving them nothing to do so at the risk of being EVEN sicker I am.... gagging and/or puking and/or throwing up and re drinking eating to try and make sure my kidneys have something to do so they test in the normal zone when retested this Tuesday....I love being thin, don't get me wrong....but when does the "sick" part stop....I have been assured that it does, I have been told I will enjoy food again, I have been told that I will be able to taste, and smell normally and will eat 1000 calories a day, but WHEN!!!!!!....it seems when I browse through the forums, that people can immediately eat anything they want right after surgery and it never effects them, they don't get sick, they just feel guilty.. sometimes I'm glad I'm so sick cuz then I know I WONT be eating too much....but I'm depressed, I'm tired, I'm weak and I have no strength or energy....seriously, 3 quarters of my life is spent with a headache and on the verge of nausea...any advice would be GREATLY appreciated, I did not read anywhere that I would be this sick for this long....I remember watching an episode of the Osbourne's once and Kelly told Sharon to eat something, Sharon replied "oh Kelly, you KNOW I get sick when I eat" I didn't know what she meant by that until I heard she had gastric bypass, THEN I knew...but I THOUGHT.... us sleevers were a different breed and could avoid the same crap as bypassers, was I wrong??? (P.S please don't just tell me to go to my doctor, as I indicated above, I already have) THANKS for your thoughts!!!!!! xo[/quote']

You are not alone same here I can barely keep anything down and I am going through the exact same things you are let me know what you come up with cause I am down in the dumps and my head is in the trash almost all day. I was sleeved 28 days ago.

I am sorry you are having so much trouble - I would recommend drinking Gatorade or something similar (don't worry about calories at the moment) and see if that helps. When I experienced that nausea that you describe I found that the Gatorade really helped.

Did you drink Gatorade 2 or regular Gatorade I am scared to drink the regular because of the sugar

Did you drink Gatorade 2 or regular Gatorade I am scared to drink the regular because of the sugar

I drank regular Gatorade. I needed to get fluids in and at that point calories & sugar were the least of my worries. I would say that I drank Gatorade for about 1-2 weeks after surgery (non-stop!!) and then periodically throughout the first 3 months post-op. I was more concerned about staying hydrated, avoiding Constipation, and being sane! I occasionally have a G2 these days - but not often. I know this is not for everyone but when I was really struggling I had to do what was best for me.

I drank regular Gatorade. I needed to get fluids in and at that point calories & sugar were the least of my worries. I would say that I drank Gatorade for about 1-2 weeks after surgery (non-stop!!) and then periodically throughout the first 3 months post-op. I was more concerned about staying hydrated, avoiding Constipation, and being sane! I occasionally have a G2 these days - but not often. I know this is not for everyone but when I was really struggling I had to do what was best for me.