Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics and bad credit

Sweetsusie -

If you keep hitting dead ends on obtaining credit, those denials can also mess up your credit history. You might want to go to a very reputable not for profit consumer credit counseling service and start a plan to clean up your credit. That past experience will leave your report quicker if you work on cleaning up your credit history. It can be done. Then you will be able to shop for lower rates and better companies that extend credit.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Another option is a 401 k loan if you have one. I was able to borrow what I needed from myself and will be paying myself interest at a reasonable rate.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi! My credit is by far good...I applied for CareCredit and had to ask for increments everyday for 3 days until I was approved for the amount I needed which was 7k....my motto is YOLO....if u get a loan to make u feel happier with urself Do It!! The ppl who only have negative things to say need to b ignored. As long as ur able to repay the loan, its nobody's business :) Good luck getting financed!

Sorry to offend, folks, but I have a small business and have to deal with people not paying their bills all the time. I listen to excuse after excuse and then see their vacation photos posted on Facebook. Makes me a little grumpy when it comes to finances. Bottom line, bad credit comes from not paying money you owe. I realize there are circumstances in everyone's "past" that made that happen. A good friend married a a guy with lousy credit who continued to spend HER money behind her back, so now she has bad credit through no fault of her own ( other than choosing to marry the bum)

I'm not saying these things because Im wealthy and dont know whats its like to struggle financially. I worked two, sometimes three jobs to put myself through college. Years ago, I lost my job and owed thousands of dollars in medical bills for a cervical fusion surgery. That was a surgery I couldnt "save" for because I was at risk of becoming paralyzed. I talked to the hospital and doctors and arranged to make small monthly payments. It took almost 6 years to pay off ( of course I started paying extra once I got a job,) but the point is, it didn't result in bad credit. I've never financed a car...I drive a 14 year old truck. I'm 45 years old and still have a roommate in order to help pay the mortgage. Believe me, I would love to live alone and have nice things, but what if I cant work for some reason, that would leave me with a lot of debt I cant afford. It's all about choices and like Cassie said, there are ways to clean up credit history and all those applications for loans is further hurting your situation. And rizabonita, you're right... "As long as you're able to pay off the loan" it's none of my business!

Hi sweet Susie

I am going to the DR for TT and BBL but probably not til next April when i should be able to the time off from work. I will save up or at least try. Lol but for my BA and lift I might go through financing. I too wished to get it all done at once due to having to keep being off work. But it will be done at different times,

Surgeon choices are Robles in DR right now but that not set.

For my arms and thighs I can see going to Dr. Sauceda but that will be the third surgery.

Keep positive things will work out.

Hi sweet Susie

I am going to the DR for TT and BBL but probably not til next April when i should be able to the time off from work. I will save up or at least try. Lol but for my BA and lift I might go through financing. I too wished to get it all done at once due to having to keep being off work. But it will be done at different times' date='

Surgeon choices are Robles in DR right now but that not set.

For my arms and thighs I can see going to Dr. Sauceda but that will be the third surgery.

Keep positive things will work out.[/quote']

Thank you, I'm going to look up and find a solution. Because I do not want to spend the money I have for other important things that some don't understand.

I can assure you that each time you apply for credit it lowers your credit score for about 30 days... Once the inquiry falls off your credit reports then it's ok to apply to another... But credit is tricky tricky... If you don't have an active credit account that shows you make payments on time it is harder to get approved for things.

I never ever wanted a stupid credit card but I bit the bullet and got one and used it and paid it off each month till I learned that didn't help either you need to keep a small balance on it so I kept a small 30$ balance on it for a year. using the card and paying all but 30$ then after the year when I went to buy my car... I was done in less than an hour.. My credit score was ridiculously better than it was the year prior when I tried to get the car with no credit... Which sadly is worse than bad credit..nothing about my job changed or my ability to pay my car payments just a stinking credit score....this brings me back to my original point that applying creates negatives on the credit report... I checked mine after I had been approved and was home with my beautiful car... Each credit institution they sent an inquiry to was a negative on my credit score... Took 30 days for it to go back to what it was..

How about saving up for your surgery? Unless there are medical complications I'm not aware of, you don't "need" plastic surgery ASAP. Why not save up and get it when you can afford it? I am self pay for my sleeve, and I have great credit...I could put it on a credit card tomorrow, not to mention any number of loans I would qualify for. But I made the choice to not finance and have been saving for almost 2 years. I don't have any life-threatening comorbidities, so it just doesn't make sense to pay all that interest. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but financing stuff you can't afford is probably how you got bad credit in the first place.

LOL. You're right! I know for me medical bills got me in the hole. But I'll be back again. I'm paying things off slowly but surely.