Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice on where to have gastric sleeve

Hi everyone, I live near Atlanta ,Ga. I have decided to have a gastric sleeve in Mexico.I am a school teacher and have United Healthcare Ins, but they won' t cover any weight loss procedures on our school system's policy so I will have to self pay. Since I live close to Atlanta I need to find the best place to go in Mexico with a good price...yes money is a factor...I know my health is important but being a teacher I have to consider price...any information would be greatly appreciated.

I was just sleeved with Dr. Garcia at florence on May 20. I am so happy with my choice!! The hospital is small but clean. My surgery went wonderful! I had NO complications at all! not even any pain. I did have some gas! but other than that I did wonderful! Now the docs did tell me I was best case senerio! I had A LOT of people praying for me and I believe that was a huge factor in how well I did! We flew into San Diego cal on sunday, I had surgery on monday was released from hospital on wednesday spent 2 days in the marriott! (which is a beautiful resort!) and I was home by last night! Tijuna is a little intimadating, but I come from a very small town. My total cost which does include passports for my husband and I, flights, food for him, and surgery was around $5600. hope this helps and message me anytime with more questions! I know how overwhelmed I was with the whole process so if I can help let me know! :)

Thank you so much for your help! I am from a very small town as well so I am very nervous about all of this. I am glad to hear good things about Tijuna.I have to admit I was not even going to consider having surgery there but you have given me something to think about now.

..congratulations on your surgery

I know what you mean...tijuna freaked me out too! but I would definitely go with Ready4achange..thats what I went through. there is another company and a lady that had surgery the same time I did had a bad experience. everyone at Ready4Achange was amazing!!

I had surgery with Dr Ariel Ortiz in TJ. I had a great experience and would HIGHLY recommend him. I will admit that one of the reasons I picked him is because he was on Oprah - but he and his partner, Dr Martinez are fantastic - and both very easy on the eyes!!

I am a nurse in a major academic medical center - I thought the facility (surgery center) was very well staffed, equipped and clean. I didn't have any worries.

I am also a teacher and chose Belightweight and dealt with Jessica. I was sleeved this week on Tuesday and feel great and know I made the right decision. I highly recommend that Dr. Rodriguez and his staff and he operates out of Tijuana and also Juarez. If you have any question feel free to ask me.....it was a 5 star out of 5 star experience. The owner of the company Belightweight, Joanne, was there the whole time with me in the hospital. You can't go wrong with them.

Hi everyone' date=' I live near Atlanta ,Ga. I have decided to have a gastric sleeve in Mexico.I am a school teacher and have United Healthcare Ins, but they won' t cover any weight loss procedures on our school system's policy so I will have to self pay. Since I live close to Atlanta I need to find the best place to go in Mexico with a good price...yes money is a factor...I know my health is important but being a teacher I have to consider price...any information would be greatly appreciated.[/quote']

Come see dr. Carroll in MS :) he's wonderful

Am having VSG in Mexicali Mexico. Dr. Marcus Sarinana will do the surgery July 30th. Even with plane tickets and passports - the cost is well below anyone in the states - and if you are from Atlanta - it's one of the more expensive locations to have this done. My insurance expressly states they don't cover WLS. Mexican border towns pride themselves on state of the art hospitals and equipment. People in border towns like Brownsville Texas and Yuma Arizona will cross over for Dental and Medical.

Depends in how much money you wanna spend. There are a lot of great docs in Mexico. I have met ppl on here and actually know a few ppl who have had the procedure in Mexico. There are a few Doc's in the states that do it for 10000. In Mexico you can have it done from 4600 to 9000+.

Thank you for all the great information. I was hoping to spend no more than $6000 for my surgery. This is what I have saved already. Hopefully I can find a facility that is on the up and up and will fit into my price range.

Ready for a change was a great company to work with! I adore Alma! She dealt with me and my millions of questions every day! I also had surgery with dr Garcia in TJ at Hospital MI. My surgery was 4700.00 and the staff was amazing. The Marriott is the same quality as any Marriott in the states, very lovely and great staff there as well. I'm 3mos post op. I actually found cheap flight on Alaska airline (partner of delta) San Diego is one of their hubs so it tends to be a cheaper flight. With what you have saved up, you are good to go, flights and all! Good luck

I had my surgery w/doctor Ortiz in TJ. Great doctor, great experience! It's been 5 months and I'm down 70 lbs...go w/Ortiz/Martinez, they know what they're doing. :)

I chose Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. My experience was excellent.

He is on the higher end of price, 8750, but worth it.

He has so much experience and Almater Hospital is 100% full service, and the WLS patients have their own wing.

I am also in atlanta, had surgery on april 10th $4000 with Dr Ilian @ Oasis Hospital. Got a direct round ticket flight from delta $270. Same day surgery and I stayed @ Lucena hotel. down 44 ponds and feeling great.

Wow..that was a great deal...thanks for the information