Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else sleeved Monday may 20

Hi all!! My name is Christy. I was sleeved on Monday in Miami, fl with Dr. Eddie Gomez. I weighed myself two days ago and I'm already 9lbs down! First 3 days were the worse! Tons of gas and back pain. Sleepless nights because I was just so uncomfortable but I do walk a lot. I am having a problem with the liquid intake and I only had one small bowel movement since. Is this normal? Any tips on sipping? My dr said I'm supposed to drink 1 ounce every 15 minutes. Which is hard for me cuz Water and everything else is so brand to me now. I get really anxious, thankfully I'm very strong willed. Went to costco yesterday and saw a bag of chips and it made me crave the crunch. Does this happen to anyone!?

Hi all!! My name is Christy. I was sleeved on Monday in Miami' date=' fl with Dr. Eddie Gomez. I weighed myself two days ago and I'm already 9lbs down! First 3 days were the worse! Tons of gas and back pain. Sleepless nights because I was just so uncomfortable but I do walk a lot. I am having a problem with the liquid intake and I only had one small bowel movement since. Is this normal? Any tips on sipping? My dr said I'm supposed to drink 1 ounce every 15 minutes. Which is hard for me cuz Water and everything else is so brand to me now. I get really anxious, thankfully I'm very strong willed. Went to costco yesterday and saw a bag of chips and it made me crave the crunch. Does this happen to anyone!?[/quote']

Congrats Christy. I was sleeved wed in Miami too. I've been fortunate to keep my liquids down. I just sip. I do find irony that all the commercials I keep seeing while in the hospital are food related. So far it hasn't given the urge. Hopefully it will stay that way. Congrats.

Congrats Christy. I was sleeved wed in Miami too. I've been fortunate to keep my liquids down. I just sip. I do find irony that all the commercials I keep seeing while in the hospital are food related. So far it hasn't given the urge. Hopefully it will stay that way. Congrats.

Thank you so much!! I keep the liquids down I'm just so sick of them. I'm craving a piece of chicken or fish!! Something!!! Who did you have your surgery with if you don't mind my asking? I had it at Jackson south hospital(:

I was also sleeved on the 20th. No problems with nausea or pain. I am having issues with Constipation and gas bubbles. No heartburn but constant gas bubbles rumbling. I think constipation is the worse. Anyone else?

Thank you so much!! I keep the liquids down I'm just so sick of them. I'm craving a piece of chicken or fish!! Something!!! Who did you have your surgery with if you don't mind my asking? I had it at Jackson south hospital(:

I was with Rabaza at S Miami.

I was sleeved at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. The back and gas pains from them inflating the stomach and anesthesia made me so uncomfortable. i was so swollen. i didn't sleep well until Thursday. The only thing I'm concerned about is that everything is going down TOO easily which worries me. I'm thinking is it tight enough!? I've been drinking Water well. I think the pinch i feel is when ive had enough...I think. I've gone from 274-251 since Monday but something tells me I'm drinking too much Protein. I also went to costco and wanted to eat everything I saw. NOT a good day for me emotionally or psychogically yesterday. I need to stay away from the triggers. I will persevere:)

I was sleeved at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. The back and gas pains from them inflating the stomach and anesthesia made me so uncomfortable. i was so swollen. i didn't sleep well until Thursday. The only thing I'm concerned about is that everything is going down TOO easily which worries me. I'm thinking is it tight enough!? I've been drinking Water well. I think the pinch i feel is when ive had enough...I think. I've gone from 274-251 since Monday but something tells me I'm drinking too much Protein. I also went to costco and wanted to eat everything I saw. NOT a good day for me emotionally or psychogically yesterday. I need to stay away from the triggers. I will persevere:)

That's a huge drop. Kudos. I too have that feeling but I do feel full quickly. I'm ok without having pain. I tell myself that dr was so good that my stomach didn't swell up to much. Lol. He is a perfectionist

Each day will get better have faith walk and watch you intake! I was sleeved May 21st I got home the 23rd. My biggest problem was feeling bloated and the gas pains from the surgery! They were pretty bad!! After coming home I have learned my portion sizes and liquid intake and pretty much have learned the system. These puréed foods will get boring really soon but I can't complain! Doc gave me stool softener and gas pills and they have done the job!! Keep the fight going!!

Hello all!! From hell I swear. Sleeved May 22nd....home now and feeling dehydrated' date=' nausea, and I think I got to full on 4 oz of cranberry juice. Feeling horrible. Walking etc but feeling overly stuffed and bloated[/quote']

I was also sleeved on May 11. The only real problem I'm having is nausea. It's really bad at night when I try to go to bed.

That's a huge drop. Kudos. I too have that feeling but I do feel full quickly. I'm ok without having pain. I tell myself that dr was so good that my stomach didn't swell up to much. Lol. He is a perfectionist

How do you know when you're full Aly?

I was sleeved 5/22 and have been getting so filled up it is hard to get in all fluids. I have only had one small bowel movement this morning. My #1 complaint is my biggest incision site.

I was sleeved 5/22 and have been getting so filled up it is hard to get in all fluids. I have only had one small bowel movement this morning. My #1 complaint is my biggest incision site.

Your body is still swollen so it has to adjust. BM's are a good thing but with very little in our system, there won't be much until we get into regular food. Keep an eye on the incision to make sure there's no oozing or redness.

Hi all! I was sleeved May 20th in South Jersey.

I'm feeling pretty good. I have to be on a clear liquid diet until my checkup on Tuesday. I'm still working on getting that gas moving and as of last night I have a coating on my tongue and a metallic taste in my mouth. I'm thinking ketosis?

I was on May 21st at 7:30 am. Very difficult so far. I'm worried about dehydration. Extreme discomfort.

Hello all!! From hell I swear. Sleeved May 22nd....home now and feeling dehydrated' date=' nausea, and I think I got to full on 4 oz of cranberry juice. Feeling horrible. Walking etc but feeling overly stuffed and bloated[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 22ND discharged the 23rd admitted the 24th with fever discharged today fever again...