Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 yr old male

So I'm just a few weeks away from surgery and I was wondering if there are other 50+ yr old men who would ease my fears about this surgery and my age. Like most men, I carry. The majority of my weight in my belly and one of many of my concerns is that the fat tissue is so tightly packed that they'll have trouble maneuvering around even with the gas. I'm 6' 4" 366 lbs and a BMI of 46. Thanks fellas.

I'm 56, 5' 10" and was 375 at my heaviest last august. Went to weight watchers and lost about 60 lbs prior to my surgery on may 13th. I've had no issues at all. 10 days now and soreness almost completely gone, didn't have too much to begin with. I'm having no nausea, no trouble getting my Water requirments down, Protein, ect. Still on liquids, Start pureed next week. Hope this helps, Good luck ! I'm also walking 2-3 miles a day with no problems !

I'm the Old guy at 63 with a BMI of 52. I will have surgery on 6-4 and I expect it to go well. I have lost considerable weight over the last 6 months, and I reckon the MD is used to operating on fat people (:-))

Remember, the prefast (liquids) shrink the liver, and the fist step in to "inflate" your abdominal cavity both to give the surgeon room to operate.

64 here. Check my signature. Sleeve done me good.

You're a young'n. :D

I'm 55. Had my surgery 3 months ago. I resisted pre-surgery "dieting" until 2 months before surgery. On 1/1 I started eating much less, no booze, and I exercised like crazy. I was able to lose 30 lbs before surgery. It was a piece of cake. The hard part has been getting back on solid food. But I have lost another 50 lbs. Dont worry. The surgery is the easiest part.

64 here. Check my signature. Sleeve done me good.

You're a young'n. :D

Thanks for calling me young, Pappy!!

Your all youngins... I am 69 and doing great... Its been almost 5 months. 255 at weigh in and now 170. Sleeved on 1/11/13. Just a little sorness right after surgery. Kinka like I had been doing 100 situps. That lasted about aweek. Just remember to get walking very soon after being sleeved. Also drink... no...sip Water all the time... have a glass in hand almost all the time. You will be just fine... Good luck

Your all youngins... I am 69 and doing great... Its been almost 5 months. 255 at weigh in and now 170. Sleeved on 1/11/13. Just a little sorness right after surgery. Kinka like I had been doing 100 situps. That lasted about aweek. Just remember to get walking very soon after being sleeved. Also drink... no...sip Water all the time... have a glass in hand almost all the time. You will be just fine... Good luck

Be real interested in knowing your eating/exercise plan. I'm at 6 months out and down 60, but would like to be closer to my goal (160). Sounds like you have it figured out.