Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coffee drinkers?

My NUT at the clinic says no caffeine, that it makes you hungry and dehydrates you. I've weaned myself off of caffeine in prep for the surgery. I would think that 1/2 and 1/2 or sugar sweetened Creamers would be a pretty bad idea - just drinking calories....

My NUT at the clinic says no caffeine' date=' that it makes you hungry and dehydrates you. I've weaned myself off of caffeine in prep for the surgery. I would think that 1/2 and 1/2 or sugar sweetened Creamers would be a pretty bad idea - just drinking calories....[/quote']

Drinking cals isn't the best idea but neither is me without my coffee and my clinic had given the go ahead on a little caffeine. I am just over 6 months out with 26 pounds till goal so it hasn't derailed my loss too much:) I have already lost over 2/3 my excess weight.I am not as stringent as some but more than others so I guess I am a moderate eater.Slower loss has become ok with me as long as I am losing and happy.

Congradulations!! Tht is wonderful..everyones body is diff obviously hasnt affected ur weightloss so keep doin you!! Thts wut its all about hun.wut works for u..

Thanks

No problem! *_*

Hey chick you seem to have a lot of info on nutrition, when did you get your surgery??

My center said we could drink before and after surgery, just not the immediate day before in order to have body ready for surgery. I like coffee now, a lot. Drink every day in the mornings.

I am still having a cup every morning. I drink it black, which helps because I have to microwave it 2-3 times and still don't finish it. :)

Lol well thanks.but heres the big shocker! I have not had my surgery yet! I have just done alot of studying on the sleeve goin to seminar n online research.. because this is wut I want..I already been thru all the hoops they want u to jump thru to see all the doctors an all.passed with flyin colors..got my surgery date set for june 5th.just waiting to see if insurance accepts!! I knw alot also because I have pretty much done all the different diets..been on Meal Replacement shakes..fresh fruit n veggi shakes..before n everything on my own so it comes easy to me..the cool thing I liked about the sleeve is tht u get to still lead a normal life afterwards..u still get to eat pretty much all the same stuff..my doctor prefer I dnt eat pasta.rice.or potatoes.no bread.which I never ate bread anyway lol.. after surgery..n everything must be sugar free.fat free.etc...cause why would u go thru all the trouble n hard work n put the bad stuff bak in ur body..n I agree with him..alot of ppl dnt like dr.oz but I agree with most of his stuff n think he is a intelligant man..n any doctor will tell u to stay on outskirts of the store..where everything more natural then not then when u shop in the center iles..I have spent my life dieting lolz unfortunatley diet n exercise was not my problem..I found out I had polycystic ovarian syndrome..n this is why I have been battling with my weight n cant get it off..seen a pamplet at dr office one day n had all the symtoms n said I wanna be tested for this n sure enough I had it.wut wud u knw yrs n yrs later..I finally figured out I was not the problem lol.was yet a good but still sad feeling tht it took this many yrs n me to figure it out on my own..but hey look where im at now..n I praise god for it!! N I just pray tht I get accepted for the surgery so I no longer have to battle this weight n can finally enjoy life

My dieticion told me tht since im gonna be sippin on my Protein Shake off n on all day tht I need to make it thicker..here is my thinkin..I think im gonna buy plain greek yogurt n add my 25grm of Protein in it instead of water..so its more like a vanilla pudding n not a thick nasty drink to try n drink down..think tht wud make me sick lol..then just save my drinkin for drinkin water..n if im in a hurry n on the go then I can do the shake idea n see how it goes..im drinkin Isopure no carb..n dnt seem thick at all so I dnt see it getting thick with less Water n more protein cause its not thick like most lol..ive already halfed the water n still wasnt thick..u half it any more u mite as well eat the powder lol

My center said we could drink before and after surgery' date=' just not the immediate day before in order to have body ready for surgery. I like coffee now, a lot. Drink every day in the mornings.[/quote']
I am still having a cup every morning. I drink it black' date=' which helps because I have to microwave it 2-3 times and still don't finish it. :)[/quote']

Well... you two know I'm a coffee drinking fool :D

I compromise these days and mix my Beans half and half (regular and decaf)

I am now on my two week liquids before surgery!! So far so good! Managed to get 975 calories in today lolz n tht says alot for me I feel super full n miserable rite now n have felt tht way all day..still have 25 grm of Protein to intake lol omg!!

I wish you luck on your journey, and I know that you will have much success with this tool.

:D

My dieticion told me tht since im gonna be sippin on my Protein shake off n on all day tht I need to make it thicker..here is my thinkin..I think im gonna buy plain greek yogurt n add my 25grm of Protein in it instead of Water..so its more like a vanilla pudding n not a thick nasty drink to try n drink down..think tht wud make me sick lol..then just save my drinkin for drinkin water..n if im in a hurry n on the go then I can do the shake idea n see how it goes..im drinkin Isopure no carb..n dnt seem thick at all so I dnt see it getting thick with less Water n more protein cause its not thick like most lol..ive already halfed the water n still wasnt thick..u half it any more u mite as well eat the powder lol

Sounds like a good plan for now but might not work very well right after surgery.