Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coffee drinkers?

I can only handle a little coffee and I have to be very careful what I put in the coffee. A lot of things will not agree with your stomach.

My dietitian green-lighted coffee as soon as I was on full fluids. I drink it black. Only problem is I have to reheat it halfway through the mug because it takes me about 40 minutes to finish it! Some days I get bored and stop at half a cup. I used to drink 6 cups a day. I think it was because it was calorie free and filling. Same reason I drank so much coke zero. I gave up soda and cut back to one cup of coffee a day, a month pre-op, and had no withdrawals.

I use a small French press that only makes a single mug. I grind the Beans each morning and buy high quality Beans from Merlo, a local Australian roaster.

I was allowed to have coffee 1 week post op. I have a cup everyday with half & half.

I was told only decaf..we can only have skim or 1% milk and no sugar. Maybe artificial sweetner is ok..

But this is from my doc.

Allah hu Akbar

I was allowed to have coffee 1 week post op. I have a cup everyday with half & half.

I see different rules for different docs.

Became of the fat content my doc said no regular milk just skim or 1%

But you doc allows you to have half and half..wow..long as it doesn't effect your sleeve. Being every body body is different

Allah hu Akbar

I see different rules for different docs.

Became of the fat content my doc said no regular milk just skim or 1%

But you doc allows you to have half and half..wow..long as it doesn't effect your sleeve. Being every body body is different

Allah hu Akbar

Mine said the reason is dehydration. Its so hard to meet the Fluid requirement that its bad to drink stuff that dehydrates you. But im a coffee fiend!

I have a cup every morning. With half and half. I usually drink about 1/2 - 2/3 of the cup. Have since about 3 weeks out. Doc says its fine as long I get my liquids in. I don't have any issues getting in my Water.< /p>

Mine said the reason is dehydration. Its so hard to meet the Fluid requirement that its bad to drink stuff that dehydrates you. But im a coffee fiend!

Makes sense..about coffee but what about the fat in regular milk..it doesn't bother your sleeve?

Allah hu Akbar

I agree my tummy does not agree with the Creamer now but a tall cookie crumble frappucino is what I have come to like and doesn't bother me either but I do know that it is not a great choice. Maybe I can try a little black coffee in the morning.

This is a major splurge lol my husband loves these but he is not sleeved . When I feel like a splurge I drink the caramel ribbon frappuccino made with skim milk but otherwise regular I do this probably 2x a month I had one Saturday and my sleeve doesn't like it much it is pretty much in and then I am off to the loo(sorry tmi) my sleeve dislikes rich foods.

My daily coffee is 90 cals and my only drink with cals I use powdered flavored creamer 4 tsp and 2 sugar but sometimes I do Splenda depending on my mood and whether I want to deal with the way it irritates my throat .

I love donut shop coconut mocha flavored keurig cups and I add caramel macchiato powder coffeemate with sugar(90cals) or Splenda (60cals) taste like a mounds or Samoa GSC.

I do also love the Chike iced coffee but I have yet to invest I think I am going to buy a bunch but it just seems expensive to me....

You can use either coconut milk in coffee if u want the creaminess..n if u like coconut tht is..tht is wut I use..better for u an I think it taste good..kinda reminds me of the dutch bros cocomo when I use it..I normally add my Protein Powder in my coffee so I get my Breakfast n my cup of coffee for the morning..never really was one to wake up n really wanna eat rite away so works perfect for me..u can use the low fat sugar free creamers..agave nectar sweetner n other artifical sweetners..I wud suggest the agave its more natural then most..u pretty much wanna stick with all the natural stuff as possible..most drs will tell u tht if u stay on out skirts of store u will do fine..its goin in the center iles tht will get u in trouble..with all the processed foods n unnatural stuff..

Half and half does not bother me at all. I use those little mini moos. they are one tablespoon and I use two.

Drs say best tht if u have a hard time getting fluids down meaning water..dnt put crystal light pkts in it or any of the others not good for you..but u can add a small amount of ur Protein powder just enough to flavor ur Water n make it easier to get it down..for anyone tht has a hard time with this