Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST WONDERING IF I AM THE ONLY ONE

my upper body is shrinking away like crazy, my lower half is not really moving. now ppl come to me almost everyday saying how small i am getting (where?). the scale is not my friend right now. my work pants are super lose now, i tried on a top that i couldnt get around my body last month and today i got it on and button it up. whats going on man? i have these size 14 pants that i try on every week, i think they moved up a little more this week hummmmmmmmmmm, i am also doing turbo jam which is kick boxing along with the lower body jam which includes squats and lunges ( i know muscle weighs more but why is the upper body shrinking and the lower isnt. i read somewhere about substantious fat that it is the hardest to get rid of. i follow the rule no soda, lots of Water, protien first, dont drink and eat together, what gives

please someone answer me i cant be the only one going through this. please i need fellow sleevers to talk to me dont just read and not talk to me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes..... I too have been having this experience... I can not explain it at all. I have never lost weight this way before... It has been one strange experience! You are not alone!

I lost 104 lbs following the lapband. I went from a size 22 pants to a size 7/8. I went from a 3x (or 44DD) to an XL (40D) on top. When I was fit for my wedding dress over a year ago, they measured my bottom half at a size 4 and the top at a 16.

I've always had a harder time getting the weight off the top of me. My legs and butt lose the quickest. I always say that I'm like a marshmallow being held up by 2 toothpicks. It's heredity. My whole family is bigger on top (Swedish), so I've learned to live with it.

Good luck!

I'm down 27 lbs and i took a picture at the gym and my upper body makes me look soooo skinny. then i look down and my tummy is still there lol

tsnewstart are you pear shaped also?

i will check back next month to see if the size 14 fit

DNA and genes. You are probably pear shaped . My sister loses weight on top quickly but has difficulty with the bottom. I thinkthe closer you get to goal the more youll loose. Muscle does weight more than FAT!!! Kepp up the great work :)

yep pear shaped. upper body fat is pretty much gone. just hips and butt

I'm a conventional store XL on top and a Lane Bryant 20 on the bottom. I haven't lost weight this way before either, and it's a little frustrating... but part of it is belly skin. A BIG part of it is belly/abdominal fat. I still don't have a butt.

LOL.. I just texted my daughter this morning complaining that I think I've lost 45 lbs above the hips.

I think it's genetics. Either an Apple, pear or stringbean. I have lost most of mine in shoulders arms neck n face. I was an Apple at 368 I'm more pear at 282. My poor boobs. Others say once u reach goal in about a year your weight redistributed. Let's see shall we????

tsnewstart are you pear shaped also?

Well ow I am.... I always used to one around before saying I was just a beer can with flippers. I had no shape before.... Looking in the mirror now .... I can say yes I look like a pear with arms and legs lol!

msantiband i feel the same way. the 75 lbs i need to lose is in my lower half dang it

aquit i bet you lost a lot fast, right? the substaneous fat is stubborn its eaiser to lose the top fat.

tsnew, you have always been a pear. when i was larger i was rounder but i knew i was pear all my life

sunny its genetics for me

I am apple and having a terrible time getting rid of my upper stomach!! I've not lost a lb for weeks... I bought some new pants a d they are 14s and could wear a 12 in one pair I bought, but since pants are made now with a lower waist I can wear them! I've lost 7 inches in my upper stomach, but it's still wayyy too large and looks terrible! If it would go down I'd be Ok wearing size 12! I am 50 years old and will never be super slender because of all the extra skin. Therefore, I'd be fine at a 12 if my upper body would cooperate!! I've noticed my shoulders are narrower and I've lost in my face and my neck is more slender, but that hard, solid fat in my upper belly is stubborn and heck! I've had two bad utis and not exercised regularly. I hope that will help!

mastiff i hear you loud and clear. if i could get back to a 12 i would be happy myself right now i am a 16 goal is to get in my size 14 pants