Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wish I would've known that before

Dumping is an issue with bypass but can happen with sleeve. MOM is milk of magnesia. When you are post op for the few few weeks' date=' you are getting virtually no Fiber in your diet. Things usually level out after you are eating regular foods. You many need the MOM, or Miralax in your shakes, (another laxative) until you can add some fiber into your diet and even longer. I still add about 1/2 a teaspoon of miralax in my morning shakes but I also take children's Gummy fibers. Even after, you are still eating more Protein than fiber so you may need some help from time to time.

The opposite can occur if you eat a lot of slider foods, fat and sugar. Also, for me, If I have eaten too fast, it seems to go right through me. That has happened two times to me.[/quote']

Thanks that clarifies things. I guess I'll add that to my post op grocery list????????????

I am a week out. Mentally it is much harder than I anticipated. It's not that I don't feel full. I don't feel satisfied. I also have two small children so avoiding food and meals is not an option. I know it will get easier but going through it is much much harder than I ever thought. Doesn't matter how motivated you are - because I was - I know two weeks from now will be different. Wish I could fast forward.

WELCOME!! I'm trying to think of an answer...Let me see...

I did not know I would loss all this weight. ha ha

Ha ha .. That's the best part!!! Congrats to u:)

I am a week out. Mentally it is much harder than I anticipated. It's not that I don't feel full. I don't feel satisfied. I also have two small children so avoiding food and meals is not an option. I know it will get easier but going through it is much much harder than I ever thought. Doesn't matter how motivated you are - because I was - I know two weeks from now will be different. Wish I could fast forward.

You will push through it... It's hArd but you've come this far and I read it gets easier so keep up the good work

WELCOME!! I'm trying to think of an answer...Let me see...

All tips r appreciated!! From the littlest things like your scars healing to the liquid diet and more:)

Even with all my prep, I was unprepared for the feelings of loss for all the food that I used to call on for comfort...for fun...for socializing, etc. I felt mournful even. Even tough I knew this was precisely how I got to where I needed WLS. Crazy how I went through a million emotions right after surgery. Even though I'm still dealing with that to some extent, by 2 weeks post-op...and seeing the weight drop off...I was able to focus on all that was good...with no regrets. I'm now 12 weeks out and down almost 60 pounds.

Even with all my prep' date=' I was unprepared for the feelings of loss for all the food that I used to call on for comfort...for fun...for socializing, etc. I felt mournful even. Even tough I knew this was precisely how I got to where I needed WLS. Crazy how I went through a million emotions right after surgery. Even though I'm still dealing with that to some extent, by 2 weeks post-op...and seeing the weight drop off...I was able to focus on all that was good...with no regrets. I'm now 12 weeks out and down almost 60 pounds.[/quote']

Did u have a food funeral? I know that I'm pre pre-op... I Don't start my liquid diet until May 27 so I am enjoying food while I still can... But. I know it will come to an end.. But I heard that you don't even really want this stuff after the surgery.. Like several months Post op

Everything that has been said on this thread - that's what I wish I would have known. You can read about it, hear others struggles after surgery, and think you understand but you really don't. The mental and emotional changes are the worst.

I'm a pretty strong person and I normally can handle anything that comes my way without having my emotions get in the way. Well - I was wrong this time. It took weeks for me to come to terms with what I was feeling. It's a lot better now although I am still an emotional eater and grab Cookies and candy as comfort way more than I should. I would say be prepared for the emotions and recognize them for what they are. They do pass with time and you will certainly smile again.

Prior to the surgery I did exhaustive research, so basically nothing was a surprise for me. I didn't have any bad experiences. I think for me preparation is everything, I was prepared. I think one has to also clear their head and be ready for change, if not you are bound to have roadblocks. If you have a lot of things going on in your life that cause you stress, I would suggest that you get a hold on them before you plan your surgery. This was neither painful or stressful/emotional, so far so good. No complaints.

Everything that has been said on this thread - that's what I wish I would have known. You can read about it' date=' hear others struggles after surgery, and think you understand but you really don't. The mental and emotional changes are the worst.

I'm a pretty strong person and I normally can handle anything that comes my way without having my emotions get in the way. Well - I was wrong this time. It took weeks for me to come to terms with what I was feeling. It's a lot better now although I am still an emotional eater and grab Cookies and candy as comfort way more than I should. I would say be prepared for the emotions and recognize them for what they are. They do pass with time and you will certainly smile again.[/quote']

Thank you for sharing Your experience with me.

Did u have a food funeral? I know that I'm pre pre-op... I Don't start my liquid diet until May 27 so I am enjoying food while I still can... But. I know it will come to an end.. But I heard that you don't even really want this stuff after the surgery.. Like several months Post op

I am 3 weeks out and I still crave EVERYTHING! My taste buds have not changed one bit. Hearing everyone else on hear I was expecting to loose some of my cravings and I was very suprised that they are still there, full force. I am able to eat almost everything according to my Dr. Except for beef, raw fruits and veggies, and nuts. I have no issues with eating food at all. I am limited to 1/2 a cup of food three times a day and one snack. I stick to those guidlines but I feel like tI could def. eat more than that.